Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge 20
All Forum Topics
Options

16 Posts

08-26-2014

India

8 Signins

77 Page Views

• Views: 77
  • Message 1 of 7

About Camera of Moto Edge 20

2021-09-11, 19:30 PM

Hi

I am big fan of Moto phones and I am using Moto phones from Moto 1st Gen, now I have Moto x4, G8+ & Edge 20. Camera performance of Edge20 disappointed me, macro camera is very good, but other camera modes are not good. My suggestions about camera are:

1. Replace zoom option with slide (using one finger), instead of two finger zoom

2. Replace Pro Mode view like Moto G8+pro mode(all options open simultaneously) with reset option.

3. Update to Wide Angle Video recording option like Action Cam.

4. Video Stabilization is not working.

5. Image with 30x Super Zoom is not perfect

Please update camera system to improve image & video quality.

Thanks & regards

Options

28 Posts

07-17-2018

India

102 Signins

742 Page Views

• Views: 742
  • Message 2 of 7

Re:About Camera of Moto Edge 20

2021-09-12, 11:35 AM

I am very disappointed with the rear camera. With the type of hardware we can achieve much more. The photos comes out soft and the after processing is very poor.

Options

5275 Posts

10-05-2016

United States of America

653 Signins

55047 Page Views

• Views: 55047
  • Message 3 of 7

2021-09-12, 15:55 PM

Hi @ Jas-5,

Thanks for being one of our customers having these devices. We'll try our best to help.

• Regarding the Video Stabilization. Can you tell us more details about how is it not working?
  • Can you tell how the Image with 30x Super Zoom is not perfect?

We'll pass your suggestions/feedback to our team. However, we can't guarantee the suggestions will be added as this phone is running the latest version compared to the Moto G8 Plus phone.

Regards,

Jess

Motorola Support

Please do not send me a personal message regarding your concerns or questions if this can be posted to this community. We prioritize the ones posting on threads.
Options

28 Posts

07-17-2018

India

102 Signins

742 Page Views

• Views: 742
  • Message 4 of 7

2021-09-13, 11:14 AM
Hi Jess I have also been using moto edge 20. Although front camera is good, the rear camera does some kind of post processing and the human faces becomes too soft. There is very little details in the main rear camera. In good lighting conditions it does a good job. Just work on the post processing for the human subjects. Also the night mode just increase the brightness of the shot. No improvement. I also have S20 fe 5g. And this night is of no match. Please work on post processing.
Options

6998 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3428 Signins

86951 Page Views

• Views: 86951
  • Message 5 of 7

2021-09-13, 13:28 PM

@ Jas-5 wrote:

Hi

I am big fan of Moto phones and I am using Moto phones from Moto 1st Gen, now I have Moto x4, G8+ & Edge 20. Camera performance of Edge20 disappointed me, macro camera is very good, but other camera modes are not good. My suggestions about camera are:

1. Replace zoom option with slide (using one finger), instead of two finger zoom

2. Replace Pro Mode view like Moto G8+pro mode(all options open simultaneously) with reset option.

3. Update to Wide Angle Video recording option like Action Cam.

4. Video Stabilization is not working.

5. Image with 30x Super Zoom is not perfect

Please update camera system to improve image & video quality.

Thanks & regards

Thanks for taking the time to post your feedback regarding the camera. For points 1 -3 we have passed your feedback to our camera team. For the remaining points:

• Video Stabilization
    • Can you share a sample video?
    • Are you experiencing this when in superzoom or normal zoom?
  • 30x Superzoom
    • Can you share a sample photo?
    • Please share more details about what you're unhappy about with the photo

@Arpit0 Can you share sample photos and details about the photos at night?

Thanks,

Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

16 Posts

08-26-2014

India

8 Signins

77 Page Views

• Views: 77
  • Message 6 of 7

2021-09-13, 17:21 PM
Thanks for reply & forwarding my suggestions to concerned team. I have deleted extra Photos by resetting the mobile. I'll send you photo & videos of Edge 20 Camera ASAP. Thanks
Options

6998 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3428 Signins

86951 Page Views

• Views: 86951
  • Message 7 of 7

2021-09-14, 19:28 PM

@ Jas-5 wrote:

Thanks for reply & forwarding my suggestions to concerned team. I have deleted extra Photos by resetting the mobile. I'll send you photo & videos of Edge 20 Camera ASAP. Thanks

Sounds good. Once I get the photos/videos, I'll share them with our camera team to be analyzed.

Thanks,

Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms