Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge 20
All Forum Topics
Options

20 Posts

09-14-2021

India

21 Signins

120 Page Views

• Views: 120
  • Message 1 of 41

Google Play Store UI in Edge 20 not displaying the latest UI changes

2021-09-18, 7:53 AM

Hi Tom,

I am seeing a different behavior of Google Play Store UI only with Edge 20. Not sure if any other users reported this.

As a reference I am attaching screenshots of my Realme 6 Pro Android 11 device and the screenshots from Motorola Edge 20 device. The Realme 6 Pro is displaying the latest UI changes. Motorola Edge 20 was displaying the UI like Realme 6 Pro during the initial setup of the phone. However, it was noticed when I started installing apps there was a crash observed in Play Store and then on restarting the Play Store app again it was displaying a different UI as per the Edge 20 screen shots attached. Both Realme 6 Pro and Edge 20 are running the same Play Store version 27.0.15-21 [0] [PR] 394730078.

The new UI displayed in Realme 6 Pro is more user friendly and easier to use. Hence, this should be displayed in Edge 20 as well.

The other 3 phones which I have in my possession now also displays the Play Store UI like Realme 6 Pro. These devices are:

• Redmi 9 Prime (Android 11)
  • Redmi 5A (Android 10)
  • Samsung Galaxy A2 Core (Android 10 Go Edition)

The below phones which I had to return to due to quality issues were also displaying the Play Store UI like the one in Realme 6 Pro. All the below devices were running on Android 11.

• OnePlus Nord 2 5G
  • IQOO 7 5G
  • Micromax IN 2b – Stock Android UI like Edge 20
  • Infinix Smart 5A (Android 11 Go Edition)

This issue is visible only with Motorola Edge 20 and not with other phones owned by me and of persons I know.

I had chat with Google on the same issue and from their update this issue needs to be resolved from Manufacturer which here in this case is Motorola. The troubleshooting steps were done by clearing cache/data and uninstalling updates of Play Store app and updating again to latest version. However, the issue wasn’t resolved.

I forwarded the chat transcript I had with Google to Motorola. But the response was to reset the phone without Automatic Restore which I had already done twice but that hasn't helped. I believe there is something wrong with code or configuration level in Edge 20.

Thanks,

Adarsh

Options

Re:Ready For PC

2021-09-19, 16:17 PM

Hi Tom,

I'm also seeing the same behavior this user reported.

Moto India support team always suggests resetting device settings without making any effort to solve the problem.

Can you check why the user interface of the play store is coming different while the app of the play store is updated?

Many Thanks!

Punit 

Options

Play Store UI issue in Moto Edge 20

2021-09-20, 6:36 AM

Hi Tom,

I'm also seeing the same behavior the other users are reported.

Moto India support team always suggests resetting device settings without making any effort to solve the problem.

Can you check why the user interface of the play store is coming different while the app of the play store is updated?

Many Thanks!

Punit 

Options

Re:Play Store UI issue in Moto Edge 20

2021-09-20, 15:17 PM

Hi Tom,

Please find below a screenshot of the play store from Moto Edge 20 and Moto G60 in which you will see the difference in UI.

Moto Edge 20 Play Store UI

Moto G60 Play Store UI

Many Thanks!

Punit

Options

2021-09-20, 15:27 PM

Hi Tom,

Please find below Play Store App Version details from Moto Edge 20 and Moto G 60.

Moto Edge 20 

Moto G 60.

Many Thanks!

Punit

Options

7000 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3430 Signins

86966 Page Views

• Views: 86966
  • Message 6 of 41

2021-09-20, 16:28 PM

@ Motoupdate wrote:

Hi Tom,

Please find below Play Store App Version details from Moto Edge 20 and Moto G 60.

Moto Edge 20 

Moto G 60.

Many Thanks!

Punit

Hi Punit,

Unfortunately, we have no control at all over the Play Store updates. This is managed 100% by Google. As they push updates to the app and interface, they will show up on your phone. If I had a way to help push the updates to your phone, I would do that, but it's not something we (Motorola) manages. I have to ask though, the interface differences, other than having to remember which option to tap, is it causing any issues with actually installing or updating apps? Please let me know.

That being said, we may not have any control over the Play Store, We can alert Google, but it would be up to them to push any updates. 

Thanks,

Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

Re:Google Play Store UI in Edge 20 not displaying the latest UI changes

2021-09-20, 17:01 PM

Hi Tom,

There is no problem installing any app from the current Play Store Version. 

But I am interested to know why this is happening. 

Why this is not happening in other brands and other Motorola phones?

I had a word with Google on this issue and according to them, it needs to be fixed by the OEM and not by Google.

This sounds very strange to me.

Many Thanks!

Punit

Options

20 Posts

09-14-2021

India

21 Signins

120 Page Views

• Views: 120
  • Message 8 of 41

2021-09-22, 5:02 AM

Hi Tom,

I also had a lengthy chat with Google customer care. As per them, the PlayStore UI depends on the devices and the way manufacturers implement them. As I said, the new UI is visible in Edge 20 when we are setting up the phone for the first time. But as I installed more apps, I found the PlayStore application crashing. On reopening Playstore again, it didn't display the new UI.

So, I feel this is a problem with the custom code of Motorola Edge 20 and somehow it may not be integrated correctly with the Android code. Motorola needs to do a thorough test of this to identify the root cause.

From customer care, I am getting the usual reply of resetting the phone and try again. That's not a solution for this. Please try to help from your side.

Thanks,

Adarsh

Options

53 Posts

09-20-2021

India

29 Signins

235 Page Views

• Views: 235
  • Message 9 of 41

2021-09-22, 15:13 PM

Hi Adarsh/Tom,

I have fixed the Play Store UI issue with Moto Edge 20.

For this, I deleted and re-added my Gmail account and cleared the cache memory of the Play Store and after that, the new UI is back.

I am very upset that both Google and Motorola did not have a solution for this problem and both were suggesting resetting the device to factory settings.

Many Thanks!

Himanshu

Options

53 Posts

09-20-2021

India

29 Signins

235 Page Views

• Views: 235
  • Message 10 of 41

2021-09-22, 15:52 PM

Hi Adarsh,

No, the problem is not solved Play Store UI has automatically changed to the old one again.

Again, I deleted and re-added my Gmail account and cleared the cache memory of the Play Store and after that, the new Play Store UI is back.

@Motorola Tom:- Could you please check why the play store is behaving like this?

Many Thanks!

Himanshu

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms