Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge 20
All Forum Topics
Options

37 Posts

09-14-2021

India

14 Signins

325 Page Views

• Views: 325
  • Message 1 of 7

Internet connectivity

2021-09-22, 13:24 PM

Hi there, why moto edge 20 slows down my mobile internet whenever my wifi speed goes down. And it increases my mobile internet speed when I disconnects the from wifi. Is anyone having same problem.

Thanks

Malviys
Options

7390 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3460 Signins

89636 Page Views

• Views: 89636
  • Message 2 of 7

Re:Internet connectivity

2021-09-22, 19:22 PM

@ Malviys wrote:

Hi there, why moto edge 20 slows down my mobile internet whenever my wifi speed goes down. And it increases my mobile internet speed when I disconnects the from wifi. Is anyone having same problem.

Thanks

Hi and thanks for posting your question. I'm a bit confused. When you're connected to WiFi, the phone would be using data on WiFi and not mobile data. Essentially when connected to WiFi the mobile network will drop back to almost no data connection at all as it's not needed while on WiFi. You could however enable "Mobile data always active" from the Developer options if you want to keep your mobile data connection active while the connected to WiFi. While this is good for quick network switching when you leave your WiFi network it will come at a cost to your battery life.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

115 Posts

09-20-2021

India

77 Signins

525 Page Views

• Views: 525
  • Message 3 of 7

2021-09-26, 5:36 AM

Hi,

I don't understand what you want to say.

I am not facing any internet speed problems while using mobile data [Airtel] or WiFi.

Many Thanks!

Himanshu

Options

37 Posts

09-14-2021

India

14 Signins

325 Page Views

• Message 4 of 7

2021-09-27, 3:49 AM

Hi

I got my solution from @MotorolaTom it's one developer option to enable both Wi-Fi and mobile data at same time

Thanks

Malviys
Options

115 Posts

09-20-2021

India

77 Signins

525 Page Views

• Views: 525
  • Message 5 of 7

2021-09-27, 6:57 AM

Hi,

I am sorry for me this is not a solution this is just a temporary workout.

Earlier there used to be an option in the WiFi settings, which used to work if the WiFi is temporarily down or not in range, then data connection will be continued automatically by using mobile data.

But now whether this option is there or not I need to check once.

Many Thanks!

Himanshu

Options

37 Posts

09-14-2021

India

14 Signins

325 Page Views

• Message 6 of 7

2021-09-27, 8:26 AM

Yes it should be considered as problem as not all users are going into Developer options to toggle "Mobile data always active" which can annoy them. Instead of that the phone should auto switch to best internet connection or this option should available in WI-FI settings

Regards

Malviys
Options

7390 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3460 Signins

89636 Page Views

• Views: 89636
  • Message 7 of 7

2021-09-28, 19:11 PM

@ Malviys wrote:

Yes it should be considered as problem as not all users are going into Developer options to toggle "Mobile data always active" which can annoy them. Instead of that the phone should auto switch to best internet connection or this option should available in WI-FI settings

Regards

I'm glad my suggestion helped. However, what you're describing is how stock Android works. Even my Pixel will keep the WiFi network in use as long as it's within range. Even if that means it's slower than what I'd get on my mobile data at the time. On top of that, stock Android will disable mobile data by default when WiFi is connected. Once the WiFi network is dropped or turned off, then it will enable the mobile network which might take a moment to register with the network and get the connection. The developer option will keep mobile data on all the time resulting in a quicker transition between WiFi and mobile data. Again, this is stock Android behavior.

I hope you understand.

Thanks,

Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms