Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge 20
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

09-14-2021

India

9 Signins

85 Page Views

• Views: 85
  • Message 1 of 5

Microphone problems when using phone speaker on Skype, Teams, Zoom and Whatsapp.

2021-09-14, 15:47 PM

I have buy Motorola Edge 20 on 11th Sep 2021, When I the using Skype, Teams, Zoom, Google Duo and Whatsapp the other person is not able to hear me, video is very clear and when using headphones or not using the phone speaker I do not have that problem. It is like the phone is trying to reduce automatically the noise and is muting the microphone on purpose. I tried to see different setups of microphone or speakers in my phone but there is not any place in configuration to do this other than the moto audio that is only an equalizer.  If I record a video or an audio I do not have that problem. phone calls does not have that problem this is only happening when I use the speaker. Please help.

Note: Edited and merged with existing thread -Sandip

Options

3 Posts

09-14-2021

India

9 Signins

85 Page Views

• Message 2 of 5

Re:Microphone problems when using phone speaker on Skype, Teams, Zoom and Whatsapp.

2021-09-14, 15:45 PM

Hi

I have buy Motorola Edge 20 on 11th Sep 2021, When I the using Skype, Teams, Zoom, Google Duo and Whatsapp the other person is not able to hear me, video is very clear and when using headphones or not using the phone speaker I do not have that problem. It is like the phone is trying to reduce automatically the noise and is muting the microphone on purpose. I tried to see different setups of microphone or speakers in my phone but there is not any place in configuration to do this other than the moto audio that is only an equalizer.  If I record a video or an audio I do not have that problem. phone calls does not have that problem this is only happening when I use the speaker. Please help.

Options

6880 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3414 Signins

86226 Page Views

• Views: 86226
  • Message 3 of 5

Re:Microphone problems when using phone speaker on Skype, Teams, Zoom and Whatsapp.

2021-09-14, 19:10 PM

@ Krunal.Patel wrote:

Hello and thanks for posting your concern. I'm sorry to see you're facing issues with the mic on your phone. I'm curious, you said phone calls are fine. What about phone calls using the speakerphone? Does the mic work for those calls too? Also, do you have a case on your phone? If so try removing the case to see if it's the case causing the issue.

Let me know,

Thanks,

Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

3 Posts

09-14-2021

India

9 Signins

85 Page Views

• Message 4 of 5

2021-09-19, 7:20 AM

Thank you @MotorolaTom  

Sorry for delay response, I have tried using phone call and it's same things happening in normal phone call like video call application. I have tried to remove my case cover on phone but didn't work for me.

Example: I will call my friend and me and wife talking in speaker phone but only at a time one person voice to clearly here and other person voice very low or sometime not here properly. 

Is it any bug for this issue?

Can you help me on this issue. 

Options

6880 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3414 Signins

86226 Page Views

• Views: 86226
  • Message 5 of 5

2021-09-20, 16:36 PM

@ Krunal.Patel wrote:

Thank you @MotorolaTom  

Sorry for delay response, I have tried using phone call and it's same things happening in normal phone call like video call application. I have tried to remove my case cover on phone but didn't work for me.

Example: I will call my friend and me and wife talking in speaker phone but only at a time one person voice to clearly here and other person voice very low or sometime not here properly. 

Is it any bug for this issue?

Can you help me on this issue. 

Thanks for trying. I'll be honest, this normally points to a bad mic on the phone. I'd recommend having the device analyzed by a local repair center. You can find your local repair center here: https://motorola-mobility-en-in.custhelp.com/app/mcp/trackrepair2

Please keep me updated on the status.

Thanks,

Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms