Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge 20
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

09-18-2021

India

3 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 4

Moto edge 20 google assistant button

2021-09-18, 4:15 AM

How to map the google assistant button to some other function, and if this is not allowed currently Motorola please do something about it in future updates.

Options

1536 Posts

02-18-2019

United States of America

153 Signins

14656 Page Views

• Views: 14656
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Moto edge 20 google assistant button

2021-09-18, 21:52 PM

@ Tanvesh wrote:

How to map the google assistant button to some other function, and if this is not allowed currently Motorola please do something about it in future updates.

Hi  @ Tanvesh ,

Mapping or assigning the Google Assistant button to perform another function is not a configurable setting. This a dedicated button which purpose is to activate or wake up Google Assistant. 

I've passed the feedback along regarding the request for it, but I can't make any promises that it will be added.

Regards,
Mary
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

37 Posts

09-14-2021

India

14 Signins

325 Page Views

• Views: 325
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-09-22, 13:46 PM

Hi @Agent_Mary   as of my experience dedicated button for Google assistant is not that useful as it seems. Instead of that phone should also offer customisation to its users so that they can map it for their needs.

Regards

Malviys
Options

7191 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3450 Signins

88441 Page Views

• Views: 88441
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-09-22, 19:16 PM

@ Malviys wrote:

Hi @Agent_Mary   as of my experience dedicated button for Google assistant is not that useful as it seems. Instead of that phone should also offer customisation to its users so that they can map it for their needs.

Regards

We hear your feedback and have passed it along. However, to date, none of our phones with dedicated Google Assist buttons have allowed remapping of the button. 

Thanks,

Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms