Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge 20
All Forum Topics
Options

8 Posts

10-01-2021

Sweden

17 Signins

135 Page Views

• Views: 135
  • Message 1 of 7

Problems with touch sensor in 144hz mode

2021-10-01, 21:00 PM

When I set the display to 144hz mode it feels like the touch sensor isn't catching up to my touches. I often have to repeat my actions 2 or 3 times before something happens. Swipes are mistaken for clicks sometimes and sometimes scrolling doesn't work at all.

This doesn't happen in the auto mode that tops out at 120hz. But depending on the screen brightness, if I scroll in some apps(for example chrome, firefox and facebook) for a few seconds, the refresh rate goes down to 60hz, which is really annoying. This happens when the brightness is above 70%. So when it's at 71%, the refresh rate goes down to 60hz when scrolling. On 70% it stays at 120hz. This makes this mode useless for me as I'm in web browsers most of the time. 

Any fixes for these issues? Else I'll sadly have to return the phone.

Options

1536 Posts

02-18-2019

United States of America

154 Signins

14746 Page Views

• Views: 14746
  • Message 2 of 7

Re:Problems with touch sensor in 144hz mode

2021-10-02, 14:01 PM

@ yakostar wrote:

When I set the display to 144hz mode it feels like the touch sensor isn't catching up to my touches. I often have to repeat my actions 2 or 3 times before something happens. Swipes are mistaken for clicks sometimes and sometimes scrolling doesn't work at all.

This doesn't happen in the auto mode that tops out at 120hz. But depending on the screen brightness, if I scroll in some apps(for example chrome, firefox and facebook) for a few seconds, the refresh rate goes down to 60hz, which is really annoying. This happens when the brightness is above 70%. So when it's at 71%, the refresh rate goes down to 60hz when scrolling. On 70% it stays at 120hz. This makes this mode useless for me as I'm in web browsers most of the time. 

Any fixes for these issues? Else I'll sadly have to return the phone.

Hi  @ yakostar ,

I’m sorry you are having this problem. Let’s see if there is anything we can do to help the situation.

I will forward this to my team and we will look into your question on Monday. I will get back to you as soon as possible. We don't monitor the community as closely on the weekend so there might be delays in getting back to you. Thank you.

Regards,
Mary
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

8 Posts

10-01-2021

Sweden

17 Signins

135 Page Views

• Message 3 of 7

Re:Touch didnt respond on some points on display randomly

2021-10-04, 12:58 PM

Same problem here. But for me it mostly happens on 144hz mode. When I put it in auto mode it works better. Not as good as my oneplus 8t, but still ok. 

Options

8 Posts

10-01-2021

Sweden

17 Signins

135 Page Views

• Message 4 of 7

2021-10-05, 8:02 AM

Do all devices have this problem? Will the issue be solved if I exchange my device for a new one? I bought it through the Lenovo store online

Options

5990 Posts

10-05-2016

United States of America

695 Signins

59242 Page Views

• Views: 59242
  • Message 5 of 7

2021-10-05, 19:00 PM

@ yakostar wrote:

Do all devices have this problem? Will the issue be solved if I exchange my device for a new one? I bought it through the Lenovo store online

Hi @ yakostar,

No. This doesn't happen with any other phones. Is it possible to take a video showing how you swipe or touch the screen with a 144hz refresh rate? We'll pass this along to our team to get this checked and replicate it to see if it has the same thing. Can you tell us when did you purchase it?

Let us know.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Please do not send me a personal message regarding your concerns or questions if this can be posted to this community. We prioritize the ones posting on threads.
Options

8 Posts

10-01-2021

Sweden

17 Signins

135 Page Views

• Message 6 of 7

2021-10-05, 19:26 PM

I placed my order on Lenovo's online shop last week on wednesday the 29th of september.

I did my best to record 2 videos showing the difference between the two modes:
- One video on "Auto" (auto.mp4) where you can see it working fine.

- One video on "144hz" (144hz.mp4) where you can see it struggle a lot.

Unfortunately I will have to return the phone if the 144hz mode doesn't work better as it's the main reason I bought this phone. I can see a lot of other people having the same issue, both here and on XDA and Swedroid (Swedish android forums).

144hz mode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gybZPLSqFkw

Auto mode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuLEHONExKM

Options

2738 Posts

11-24-2020

India

253 Signins

27775 Page Views

• Views: 27775
  • Message 7 of 7

2021-10-08, 7:23 AM

Hi yakostar

Thank you for confirming and I appreciate you for sharing the short videos. I have sent you a Private Message. Please check and revert. 

Thanks

Sunitha 

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms