Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge 20
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

09-14-2021

India

7 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 1 of 7

Ready For PC

2021-09-14, 10:48 AM

Hi Tom,

Good to be part if Lenovo Community.

I have a new purchase of Motorola Edge 20 and I am facing an issue with the 'Ready for PC' feature. I tried connecting to my laptop(s) one running Windows 11 beta version and another running Windows 10.

However, I am getting an error message whenever I am trying to connect over Wifi and USB cable. I have attached the error message. I am not using any VPN connection as well.

The good part is I am able to connect to my Smart TV using Miracast. Not sure what is causing the problem with PC connection.

Hopefully somebody can help me here.

Answer
Options

7 Posts

09-14-2021

India

7 Signins

45 Page Views

Re:Ready For PC

2021-09-16, 5:32 AM

Tom,

I found out the issue. This was because my laptop WiFi was set to Public where File Sharing wasn't allowed. I switched the mode to Private and now it's working even though I have Windows 11 Beta version.

I believe this instruction should have been available in the Ready for PC page and even the Motorola customer care support couldn't identify this could be the issue.

To compare, the Microsoft 'Your PC' app was connecting with Edge 20 even when the WiFi mode was public. Anyways, the issue is resolved but I thank you very much for providing the possible instructions.

Thanks,

Adarsh

Replies(6)
Options

6880 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3414 Signins

86226 Page Views

• Views: 86226
  • Message 2 of 7

2021-09-14, 19:25 PM

@ adarsh76 wrote:

Hi Tom,

Good to be part if Lenovo Community.

I have a new purchase of Motorola Edge 20 and I am facing an issue with the 'Ready for PC' feature. I tried connecting to my laptop(s) one running Windows 11 beta version and another running Windows 10.

However, I am getting an error message whenever I am trying to connect over Wifi and USB cable. I have attached the error message. I am not using any VPN connection as well.

The good part is I am able to connect to my Smart TV using Miracast. Not sure what is causing the problem with PC connection.

Hopefully somebody can help me here.

Hello and welcome to the community. I'm glad to see you here. I'll do my best to help with your Ready For PC issue. I actually saw something very similar from a edge 20 lite customer. On the machines you tested, are they corporate-owned devices? If so, can you check with your IT department to see if Windows Remote Desktop is blocked or disabled on your machines? If so, this is likely why Ready For PC is not working. Please let me know,

Thanks,

Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

7 Posts

09-14-2021

India

7 Signins

45 Page Views

• Message 3 of 7

2021-09-15, 5:08 AM

I am using my personal laptop which is not corporate owned or administered from my office IT department. Although I have configured office mails through outlook. My personal laptop is running the Windows 11 beta version.

I tried in my office laptop that's running Windows 10 as well which is of course corporate owned. 

Ready for PC doesn't work in both my laptops over WIFI or USB cable. I factory reset my Edge 20 but still the problem persists. 

Options

6880 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3414 Signins

86226 Page Views

• Message 4 of 7

2021-09-15, 17:09 PM

@ adarsh76 wrote:

I am using my personal laptop which is not corporate owned or administered from my office IT department. Although I have configured office mails through outlook. My personal laptop is running the Windows 11 beta version.

I tried in my office laptop that's running Windows 10 as well which is of course corporate owned. 

Ready for PC doesn't work in both my laptops over WIFI or USB cable. I factory reset my Edge 20 but still the problem persists. 

Ok, thank you for confirming. Can you generate a bug report when you get the error with the connection? Steps are below

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power-down menu.
6. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
7. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the bug report on the forums in a reply.
8. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Thanks,

Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Answer
Options

7 Posts

09-14-2021

India

7 Signins

45 Page Views

• Message 5 of 7

2021-09-16, 5:32 AM

Tom,

I found out the issue. This was because my laptop WiFi was set to Public where File Sharing wasn't allowed. I switched the mode to Private and now it's working even though I have Windows 11 Beta version.

I believe this instruction should have been available in the Ready for PC page and even the Motorola customer care support couldn't identify this could be the issue.

To compare, the Microsoft 'Your PC' app was connecting with Edge 20 even when the WiFi mode was public. Anyways, the issue is resolved but I thank you very much for providing the possible instructions.

Thanks,

Adarsh

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

6880 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3414 Signins

86226 Page Views

• Message 6 of 7

2021-09-16, 18:16 PM

@ adarsh76 wrote:

Tom,

Thanks,

Adarsh

Adarsh, This is great to hear that you figure it out. I truly appreciate you sharing the solution. I'll be sure to pass it along.

I'm curious, did you ever try the direct USB connection? If so did that also have issues? The reason I ask is the 2 users I have using Edge 20 Fusion had issues with both WiFi and wired USB. I know it would be weird that a WiFi setting would have any impact on a USB connection, but I'm curious if you could try it to see. 

Thanks,

Tom

Options

7 Posts

09-14-2021

India

7 Signins

45 Page Views

• Message 7 of 7

2021-09-18, 7:39 AM

Hi Tom, for me the USB cable connection also wasn't working initially.

I had set both Ethernet and WiFi settings to 'Public' mode which blocked the Remote Desktop services. I changed both to 'Private' and then both WiFi and USB cable connections are working. Hope it helps.

I am raising another concern in a separate thread on the Google Playstore UI. I am not sure if other users are facing this.

Thanks,

Adarsh

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms