Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge 20
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

11-15-2021

India

2 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 191 of 259

Re:Touch response

2021-11-15, 13:47 PM

Copied from: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/touch-sensitivity-issue-fix.4361767/

Many users of this device (including myself) have noticed bad touch input sensitivity when using the 144Hz mode, but not in 60Hz or Auto. I have found quite an odd solution that at least fixes the issue on my end, and I'd like more people to test this, so please, comment down below.

Okay, for this I don't believe you need root. Go to settings and enable USB debugging, find the Motorola Edge 20 USB drivers online and ADB & Fastboot of you choice.

Once you have done all of that, open ADB & Fastboot in a terminal and write the following wihtout the quote marks and the comments that start with a dash (make sure your display is on and the phone is connected to the computer):

"adb devices"
-this command will make a message pop up on your phone asking you if you allow the current computer to access your phone, press allow

"adb shell settings put system peak_refresh_rate 144"
-this will make it so that your max refresh rate can be 144Hz. Keep in mind you can set this to either 60, 90, 120 or 144.

"adb shell settings put system min_refresh_rate 60"
-this will set your minimum refresh rate that the phone will default to when it thinks that it doesn't need the maximum refresh rate. Again it can be set to 60, 90, 120 or 144.

You do not need to reboot, the changes are instant.

Basically what these command do is that instead of forcing your phone into 144Hz, 60 or making it fluctuate between 60 and 120, it makes it fluctuate between 144Hz and 60Hz, so that it solves the touch issue without sacrificing the 144Hz. You can actually set it to fluctuate between anything you want, like 90 and 120, or 120 and 144. I haven't tested any other combination other than 60 and 144 but if you do, please comment your experience so that we all can get the most out of our phones.

To see when your phone changes between 144Hz and 60Hz, go to developer options (which you should have unlocked anyway to access USB debugging) and enable the setting "Show refresh rate". I have tested it, and the refresh rate parameters do stick after a reboot of the phone, so from my knowledge, it is a one-time change. I can totally see how this method could fix touch issue on other phones.

Options

7 Posts

11-14-2021

India

7 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 192 of 259

2021-11-15, 13:50 PM

Maybe there is issue with screen or some hardware.

Today i called the service station where i submitted my phone and talked to the executive,that after the screen replaced i am still having issues,and he told me to just submit my phone he will send it to HQ maybe.

Answer
Options

7269 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3453 Signins

88881 Page Views

• Views: 88881
  • Message 193 of 259

2021-11-15, 22:45 PM

Hello everyone, it appears that some of you are not seeing our earlier statement regarding the touch response. I will be marking this response as the solution so it can be found easier by all. I'm not saying the issue is fixed or closed but just making this response more visible to everyone.

We are aware of touch performance issues on the motorola edge 20. We will have an improvement in a future software update with enhancements to the touch performance. We don't have timing on when this update will be available but rest assured we are working to get it pushed out to all eligible devices as quickly as possible. I'm truly sorry for the inconvenience this issue has caused you. 

Thanks,

Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

7269 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3453 Signins

88881 Page Views

• Message 194 of 259

Re:Touch issue

2021-11-15, 22:54 PM

@ Jeetendra2091 wrote:

Will there be a fix for issues-

1- touch issue( formost and most irritating and annoying issue)

2-delay in peek display( display didnt wake somtimes even when i tap hardly to shake and wake  display)

3- camera issues ( deply in capturing , night mode ,etc)

4-cromcast support for ready for (if possible

5- natural colour setting is too dull

Dont ask for logs and things u already have them as there too many complaints u already have  including mine,

Just need some answer and asurence thet i didnt spent my money on a peice of ***Removed*** as it is because its touch issue iis very frustrating and didnt let m do anything on the phone ( typing , gaming,etc)

Will there be any fix in  near future

***Admin removed. Please do not use vulgarity or implied vulgarity. You can review our community guidelines here: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Moto-Owners-Forum-Site-Rules/td-p/3269704***

Hello and thanks for posting. I'll do my best to answer your concerns.

• As I'm sure you've seen we are aware of touch performance complaints and we have already advised that we will be pushing out a new software update with improvements as soon as possible. 
  • Delay in Peek Display, could just come down to a timing thing. If for example, the screen just turned off or you turned it off, it won't wake right away by tapping or movement. The same with if it just woke for a notification, it won't immediately respond to tapping or movement. 
  • Camera issues, this is another item that we have pushed updated for on the PlayStore and will have additional improvements in a future software update.
  • Chromecast support for Ready For. We've received this request for other products as well. I'll be honest, it's unlikely that it will be added, but I will still push for it from my end.
  • Natural Colors are too dull. I'll pass this feedback along as well, but there are no guarantees that there will be any changes to the color tuning on the display. 

Thanks,

Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

5 Posts

11-07-2021

India

10 Signins

90 Page Views

• Views: 90
  • Message 195 of 259

2021-11-17, 20:35 PM

It is mid of nov still. No updates regarding, this why there is so much delay.. and i can't be wait anymore if you're going to give an update give it but i am going to take this case in consumer forum against you. That's ridiculous i spent 30,000INR for a faulty device actually you sold faulty device to all of us and not accepting it.

Options

7269 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3453 Signins

88881 Page Views

• Message 196 of 259

2021-11-18, 17:39 PM

@ btszafar wrote:

It is mid of nov still. No updates regarding, this why there is so much delay.. and i can't be wait anymore if you're going to give an update give it but i am going to take this case in consumer forum against you. That's ridiculous i spent 30,000INR for a faulty device actually you sold faulty device to all of us and not accepting it.

I hear you and I understand your frustration. As mentioned, we are working as quickly as possible to get a new software version with touch improvement tested and pushed out to eligible devices as quickly as possible. What I can say is that if you have a screen protector on your phone, we recommend removing it until the update is pushed out. I'm truly sorry for the inconvenience this situation has caused you.

Thanks,

Tom

Options

12 Posts

11-10-2021

India

9 Signins

135 Page Views

• Views: 135
  • Message 197 of 259

2021-11-21, 3:10 AM

HI @MotorolaTom  

Thank you for your kind words. But i have only 1 Question , what your developer team is doing ?how come a this much big company can sell a defective phone to their customers and moreover you are expecting us to keep calm and bear with this rotten phone on a daily basis. And i would like to tell you that , you people used a much lower version of gorilla glass in this device and you are expecting us to use this phone without screen protector. Fine, i did that also , still there is no improvements in the touch response .I know moto is much slower then other companies with respect of giving updates on their phones. Tell me one thing , if this thing would have happen to you, what would be your mental situation? An advice to your company , Try to improve the devices which are already faulty than to release new devices daily. You are already loosing customers in a huge rate and i am one of them . In India you have a market share of approximately 2.5 percent . In that also you people are doing this to your customers. I will lose 30k , think from your companies prospective. Have a good future ahead Moto.

Options

15 Posts

11-14-2021

India

9 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 198 of 259

2021-11-22, 4:32 AM

The Motorola team says soon they'll launch software update due to which there'll be improvement in touch. Wow, improvement huh ? We want this fixed not improved. Why the hell should we even wait. We deserve cash back cuz of this defective phone . Why should we wait , like I'm facing this issue since 1 month 15 days like seriously. Did I pay 30K for this ? Were the developers sleeping during production of this phone. These **bleep** just hire YouTubers to give paid feedbacks and we trust them and loose our money. All I'm gonna do in future is File a case in consumer court .. it's like a fraud by giving us defective phone and it's almost 2 month our precious Motorola team is doing improvement for F sake..

Options

4 Posts

10-28-2021

India

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 199 of 259

2021-11-22, 4:47 AM

Hello everyone, unfortunately...it looks like Motorola team is not taking this issue seriously. It's enough waiting now. A good tech company always value it's customer base and their issues....but Motorola isn't one of them.

Below are the links for filing Consumer complaints in India

1. INGRAM portal - INGRAM | Integrated Grievance Redressal Mechanism (consumerhelpline.gov.in)

2.  FAQs regarding consumer complaint - How to file a case in consumer court - Legal Helpline India

How to File Consumer Complaint Online in india - MyOnlineCA

Now it is very easy process as it has become online. Now we only need to find Motorola's official address(primary branch) in India and their Supplier address(Treasure haul online), to whom the formal notice will be sent.

Lets us all register at the first link and submit our grievances. Please keep copies of all videos proofs and other chats with motorola support team handy, as we may have to upload them too in the portal. Lets us all decide on this and file it at once.

Options

7 Posts

11-14-2021

India

7 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 200 of 259

2021-11-22, 11:13 AM

@MotorolaTom   so many people have bought this phone and only few people are having this issue its confirmed that it's a hardware issue not a software related issue.

Why should we wait for an software update.all other Motorola edge 20 have same software?

Consumer court is the only option.

Thanks

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms