Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge 20
All Forum Topics
Options

37 Posts

09-14-2021

India

14 Signins

325 Page Views

• Views: 325
  • Message 1 of 5

Wifi Tethering

2021-09-22, 13:16 PM

Hi there, why moto edge 20 isn't supporting wifi tethering as all phones in this segment are supporting it

regards

Malviys
Options

7254 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3453 Signins

88816 Page Views

• Views: 88816
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:Wifi Tethering

2021-09-22, 19:24 PM

@ Malviys wrote:

Hi there, why moto edge 20 isn't supporting wifi tethering as all phones in this segment are supporting it

regards

Hi again. It should support tethering with WiFi mobile hotspot. Which would share your mobile data to other devices over a WiFi/Hotspot on the phone. Is this what you're talking about our are you trying to use the phone as essentially a WiFi network extender on your home network? If it's hotspot that isn't working, then please share details about how it's failing or what you're seeing.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

95 Posts

09-20-2021

India

61 Signins

405 Page Views

• Views: 405
  • Message 3 of 5

2021-09-26, 5:30 AM

Hi,

This phone does not support WiFi tethering. This means you can't share WiFi internet to another phone via WiFi when using WiFi.

This phone can only share mobile data using a hotspot.

Many Thanks!

Himanshu

Options

37 Posts

09-14-2021

India

14 Signins

325 Page Views

• Views: 325
  • Message 4 of 5

2021-09-27, 4:04 AM

Hi @MotorolaTom  

Yes when I don't want to share my Wi-Fi credentials to other users I generally use Wi-Fi tethering to connect my phone with my Wi-Fi network and use my mobile hotspot to share network and this works for me. Also phones like OP Nord 2 in this segment comes with this feature.

Can you check where it can be fixed with software updates

Thanks and Regards

Malviys
Options

7254 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3453 Signins

88816 Page Views

• Views: 88816
  • Message 5 of 5

2021-09-28, 19:13 PM

@ Malviys wrote:

Hi @MotorolaTom  

Yes when I don't want to share my Wi-Fi credentials to other users I generally use Wi-Fi tethering to connect my phone with my Wi-Fi network and use my mobile hotspot to share network and this works for me. Also phones like OP Nord 2 in this segment comes with this feature.

Can you check where it can be fixed with software updates

Thanks and Regards

I understand. Keep in mind the phone was not designed this way so it's not something that requires a "fix" as there is nothing to fix. What I can do is send this off to the team to be considered as a new feature in the future. However, I can't guarantee that it will be added.

Thanks,

Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms