Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge (2021)
All Forum Topics
Options

8 Posts

09-13-2021

United States of America

9 Signins

95 Page Views

• Views: 95
  • Message 21 of 31

Re:Screen not good , Moto Edge 2021

2021-09-14, 0:35 AM
(RRM31.Q3-23-29-5) just updated today. Seems to have solved the flickering issue. Occasional slow fade light to dark and back, the flicker however seems to have resolved.
Options

3 Posts

09-07-2021

United States of America

6 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 22 of 31

2021-09-14, 1:24 AM

My edge 2021 works great blazing fast keeps up with my wife's s21 easy . No screen flickering for me I got the update what I'd love to see is an early android 12 update this would put Motorola on the map with Samsung and pixels. I'm hoping you guy's get a update out this year for Android 12? Thanks guys for a awesome edge!

Steve g
Options

50 Posts

07-08-2016

United States of America

67 Signins

604 Page Views

• Views: 604
  • Message 23 of 31

2021-09-15, 11:33 AM

I received the RRM31.Q3-23-29-5 update and while I don't know if it fixed a flickering issue, I do know that the over saturation issue still exists. Watching the YouTube video in the link below at anything above 1080, the colors are awfully over saturated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXb3EKWsInQ&t=45s

I saw a fix by one of this threads participants on Youtube that said to go in to System, Advanced, Developer Options, and enable "Disable Hardware Overlays." That works however is that a valid fix or will Moto/Lenovo come up with a fix? Are we losing anything? Is anything degraded by enabling "Disable Hardware Overlays?"

Thanks!

Options

7390 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3460 Signins

89636 Page Views

• Views: 89636
  • Message 24 of 31

2021-09-15, 15:34 PM

@ BlackHawk99 wrote:

I received the RRM31.Q3-23-29-5 update and while I don't know if it fixed a flickering issue, I do know that the over saturation issue still exists. Watching the YouTube video in the link below at anything above 1080, the colors are awfully over saturated.

I saw a fix by one of this threads participants on Youtube that said to go in to System, Advanced, Developer Options, and enable "Disable Hardware Overlays." That works however is that a valid fix or will Moto/Lenovo come up with a fix? Are we losing anything? Is anything degraded by enabling "Disable Hardware Overlays?"

Thanks!

Thanks for the info. I'm glad the update helped with the flickering and the workaround is helping. I don't have the info offhand on how that setting my impact other features. That being said, if you can get screenshots of the same frame from the video with and without the Disable Hardware Overlay enabled. Also, if you can generate 2 bug reports in both scenarios as well?  I want to get this re-escalated on my end but need this additional info. Steps to generate the bug report below:

Bug Report Steps

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power-down menu.
6. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
7. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the bug report on the forums in a reply.
8. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Thanks,
Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

6 Posts

09-12-2021

United States of America

7 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 25 of 31

2021-09-15, 15:38 PM
@MotorolaTom Thanks got the update flickering is gone.
Options

50 Posts

07-08-2016

United States of America

67 Signins

604 Page Views

• Message 26 of 31

2021-09-16, 5:38 AM

@ MotorolaTom wrote:

@ BlackHawk99 wrote:

Thanks!

Thanks for the info. I'm glad the update helped with the flickering and the workaround is helping. I don't have the info offhand on how that setting my impact other features. That being said, if you can get screenshots of the same frame from the video with and without the Disable Hardware Overlay enabled. Also, if you can generate 2 bug reports in both scenarios as well?  I want to get this re-escalated on my end but need this additional info. Steps to generate the bug report below:

Bug Report Steps

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
3. Go to Settings ->System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power-down menu.
6. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
7. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the bug report on the forums in a reply.
8. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Thanks,
Tom

Tom,

Thank you for the prompt reply! Before I go through that let me say that for whatever reason when I take a screen shot of the over saturation issue, that issue is not captured in the screenshot. You can only see the issue when viewing live video. My guess, and it's only a guess, is because the phone can't capture the high resolution, it drops it down for a screenshot? For this reason I feel it's best for you or whoever to watch the two videos below and evaluate the situation, test those videos on a Moto Edge 2021 in house. Know what I mean? The two videos below were made by a participant in this current thread...

https://youtu.be/G10lMtmd_O0?t=132

https://youtu.be/9rS7kk8EqRM?t=10

Thank you Tom!

Options

7390 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3460 Signins

89636 Page Views

• Views: 89636
  • Message 27 of 31

2021-09-16, 21:28 PM

@ BlackHawk99 wrote:

@ MotorolaTom wrote:

@ BlackHawk99 wrote:

Thanks!

Bug Report Steps

Thanks,
Tom

Tom,

Thank you for the prompt reply! Before I go through that let me say that for whatever reason when I take a screen shot of the over saturation issue, that issue is not captured in the screenshot. You can only see the issue when viewing live video. My guess, and it's only a guess, is because the phone can't capture the high resolution, it drops it down for a screenshot? For this reason I feel it's best for you or whoever to watch the two videos below and evaluate the situation, test those videos on a Moto Edge 2021 in house. Know what I mean? The two videos below were made by a participant in this current thread...

Thank you Tom!

Don't worry about getting the bug reports. I just got my hands on this model today. Thankfully I'm able to duplicate and even better I have a debugging device, so I can capture deeper system-level logs. I submitted a bug report from my device. I'll update you all as I learn more. I can't promise this is going to be a quick process, but I'll keep on them about it.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and I apologize it took so long to get to this point.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

50 Posts

07-08-2016

United States of America

67 Signins

604 Page Views

• Message 28 of 31

2021-10-07, 11:33 AM

@ MotorolaTom wrote:

@ BlackHawk99 wrote:

@ MotorolaTom wrote:

@ BlackHawk99 wrote:

Thanks!

Bug Report Steps

Thanks,
Tom

Tom,

Thank you Tom!

Don't worry about getting the bug reports. I just got my hands on this model today. Thankfully I'm able to duplicate and even better I have a debugging device, so I can capture deeper system-level logs. I submitted a bug report from my device. I'll update you all as I learn more. I can't promise this is going to be a quick process, but I'll keep on them about it.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and I apologize it took so long to get to this point.

-Tom

Tom,

Any update on this situation? Thanks!

Options

6208 Posts

10-05-2016

United States of America

707 Signins

60522 Page Views

• Views: 60522
  • Message 29 of 31

2021-10-07, 21:38 PM

Hi @ BlackHawk99,

Thanks for following up. We do not have any updates yet. However, we'll reach out to our team to ask for an update. We'll update you as we learn more.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Please do not send me a personal message regarding your concerns or questions if this can be posted to this community. We prioritize the ones posting on threads.
Options

50 Posts

07-08-2016

United States of America

67 Signins

604 Page Views

• Message 30 of 31

2021-11-22, 22:17 PM

@ MotorolaTom wrote:

@ BlackHawk99 wrote:

@ MotorolaTom wrote:

@ BlackHawk99 wrote:

Thanks!

Bug Report Steps

Thanks,
Tom

Tom,

Thank you Tom!

-Tom

Tom,

We last heard from you on 2021-09-16, 21:28 PM concerning this, and while I didn't expect a "quick fix," it's been over 2 months. What's up? Thank you!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms