Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

10-01-2020

Netherlands

5 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 127

5G doesn't show up in the preferred type of network

2020-10-01, 13:03 PM

I bought a Motorola Edge hoping to use 5G network offered by my provider in the Netherlands (T-Mobile) However I haven't been able to do so because the option to connect to the 5G network doesn't show up in the preferred type of network configuration. What do I need to do so I can use my phone as expected?

Options

Re:5G doesn't show up in the preferred type of network

2020-10-01, 16:09 PM

Germany, provider Telekom, 5G enabled contract. Same behaviour...wait....it's normal. The phone will get a patch to use 5G...later. Already had a call with the support team...the Covid 19 was the reason that they don't have the 5G patch finished. In my eyes, it's a big lie.

I'm waiting since the release of this phone in Germany to use 5G. Nothing. And I guess it won't happen this year, even next year.

I'm disappointed, that Motorola made big adverti**bleep**t with 5G, top speed....bla bla bla, yada yada, yada. No, I'm not disappointed, I'm pissed. First time and also last time, that I bought Motorola.

Options

5912 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3353 Signins

80426 Page Views

• Views: 80426
  • Message 3 of 127

2020-10-01, 16:57 PM

Hello, please give me a chance to look into both of your posts. I'll get back to you as soon as I have more information.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

90 Posts

06-12-2020

Hungary

109 Signins

825 Page Views

• Views: 825
  • Message 4 of 127

2020-10-02, 20:54 PM

At least, i think you guys have at least 4G VoLTE.

I am in Hungary, with Vodafone carrier, and not even that.

We aslo have 5G here,though not exactly where i live, not yet.

So i do hope, that they are just lazy.

They do seem to try, with the updates, so fingers crossed. 

Options

2020-10-03, 9:46 AM

Uhmmm....no. I buy a coffee machine to make coffee. I buy a station wagon to use the space. And I bought a 5G smartphone to use it with 5G. And as I said already, Motorola made advertise for this function. Why should I pay for smth I can't use?

Options

4 Posts

10-01-2020

Netherlands

5 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 6 of 127

2020-10-03, 11:27 AM

This is stupid, I got an email from customer support from Motorola, and they say this: "Thank you for contacting Moto & Lenovo customer support.

Regarding your query, unfortunately due to COVID-19 restrictions, our testing team were unable to test and validate all 5G networks before launch.

Support for that network will be added in a future software update. Once it has been added, a 5G option will be visible in the preferred network settings.

Unfortunately for the moment we do not have a timeframe regarding the release of the software update, but I can assure you that our engineers are working on it at the moment.

Thank you for your understanding and we apologise for the inconvenience created.

Once I have taken care of your query and solved your case in our system, an automated e-mail will be sent with a short survey. I would really appreciate if you could take a couple of minutes to score the quality of my assistance. Any feedback is welcome as I always strive to do my best.
However if you consider your issue as not being solved upon receiving our survey, I invite you to reach out to us again, so we can try to make things right."

Do you really think that this is a legit excuse? they sold a 5G phone without the software to support this? There should be a way to take legal actions, because this **bleep**ing phone was sold to me as a 5G phone! I don't care if "due to COVID-19 restrictions" they didn't make the testing stage. Besides, they say that they don't have an estimated date of release. 

Options

2020-10-03, 12:23 PM

And then they wonder why everyone buys OnePlus, Samsung, Xiaomi or whatever instead on Motorola. 😄

Options

5912 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3353 Signins

80426 Page Views

• Message 8 of 127

2020-10-05, 18:00 PM

Hello everyone, I know you received the info already on TMO in your region. As the email said there is no timing on when the phone will be updated. I apologize for that. As for Germany and Hungary, I'm looking into those regions still. Can you advise what carriers in those regions you're looking for 5G on? It will help narrow things down and hopefully get a quicker answer.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

2020-10-06, 5:56 AM

I'm in Germany and my provider is the German Telekom (not a reseller).

Options

5912 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3353 Signins

80426 Page Views

• Message 10 of 127

2020-10-06, 17:30 PM

@ PuffPan wrote:

I'm in Germany and my provider is the German Telekom (not a reseller).

Thanks, from what I'm being told the phone already supports 5G in Germany. Clearly, either carrier is misinformed or I've been misinformed. Let me dig into this further. 

-Tom

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms