09-23-2020

NO

3 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 1 of 5

Accelerometer sensitivity

2020-09-24, 1:22 AM

This is an odd one. Little background story. I work at sea, whenever I put my Edge on the table, it keeps waking up. Yes, due to the motion of the ocean. 

A temporary fix was to disable the sensors in developer alternatives. This also causes  all other Moto actions to stop working. 

Is there any fix to lower the inbuilt accelerometer sensitivity?

Options

392 Posts

08-15-2020

GB

187 Signins

4005 Page Views

• Views: 4005
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:Accelerometer sensitivity

2020-09-24, 10:24 AM

I doubt peek screen waking would affect battery life but at sea maybe?
That developer option to disable sensors might not be reversible without a factory reset - some OEMs have that delisted as a precaution.

# I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position. #
Options

3 Posts

09-23-2020

NO

3 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 3 of 5

2020-09-25, 12:40 PM

Thanks for the heads up regarding the sensors on/off option. In the end I disabled the sneak peek Moto action. too bad, It is a great option to have. 

There is a couple of options I miss in Motorola.

1 Double tap to wake up screen. 

2 Notification LED (App to make a "LED" pop up as a notification), or improved edge lighting when screen is up.

Options

2923 Posts

02-11-2016

US

3016 Signins

57796 Page Views

• Views: 57796
  • Message 4 of 5

2020-09-25, 13:13 PM

@ Viper71sr wrote:

Thanks for the heads up regarding the sensors on/off option. In the end I disabled the sneak peek Moto action. too bad, It is a great option to have. 

There is a couple of options I miss in Motorola.

1 Double tap to wake up screen. 

2 Notification LED (App to make a "LED" pop up as a notification), or improved edge lighting when screen is up.

Looks like you have already done what I was going to recommend which is disable Peek Display. I'll pass your feedback along to our developers for future consideration.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

392 Posts

08-15-2020

GB

187 Signins

4005 Page Views

• Views: 4005
  • Message 5 of 5

2020-09-25, 13:25 PM

Those are good options to have implemented.
I have single tap to wake on my G Pro which is very useful.

Don't think LED notifications are "in vogue" anymore but they might come back, who knows.

There is an interesting app in development called Tap, Tap which seems to work on most phones to set double & triple taps on the phone back to perform routines.
Still in beta ironing bugs out but might make its way to Play Store.

# I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position. #
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete