Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge+
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

07-31-2014

Belgium

6 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 18

After 6 months, the Edge+ with Verizon is a NO GO and sending it back

2020-12-17, 21:31 PM

I purchased the new Edge+ and the beginning of July and was on the phone with Verizon by early August.  I have owned multiple Motorola Droid phones and this one is the most disappointing.  Dropped calls are excessive.   Distorted calls (I'm only catching every 3rd word.  You're breaking up.  Can you repeat that.  Call me from a land line.  Where are you?)  I can hear them but they can't hear me.  Text messages can take up to an hour to process (inbound/outbound).  Internet access is available minimally; it usually times out.  So is it the phone or the service?  The SIM was replaced and even the phone was replaced.  Both phones have the same inferior performance.  Go on to Verizon's website and read the reviews of this phone.  I wish I waited before I bought and read those reviews.  I can honestly say that Motorola completely blew it this time.  The Edge+ is the reason I am now considering different phones after many years with Motorola Droid.

Options

20124 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2589 Signins

65243 Page Views

• Views: 65243
  • Message 2 of 18

Re:After 6 months, the Edge+ with Verizon is a NO GO and sending it back

2020-12-18, 15:17 PM

@ Mark_Midkiff wrote:

I purchased the new Edge+ and the beginning of July and was on the phone with Verizon by early August.  I have owned multiple Motorola Droid phones and this one is the most disappointing.  Dropped calls are excessive.   Distorted calls (I' only catching every 3rd word.  You' breaking up.  Can you repeat that.  Call me from a land line.  Where are you?)  I can hear them but they can' hear me.  Text messages can take up to an hour to process (inbound/outbound).  Internet access is available minimally; it usually times out.  So is it the phone or the service?  The SIM was replaced and even the phone was replaced.  Both phones have the same inferior performance.  Go on to Verizon' website and read the reviews of this phone.  I wish I waited before I bought and read those reviews.  I can honestly say that Motorola completely blew it this time.  The Edge+ is the reason I am now considering different phones after many years with Motorola Droid.

Hi.

Really sorry to hear this. I've not seen complaints like this. I'd like to take a look at your phone's performance, if you don't mind, to see if we can find clues to these issues.

Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well,. Let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems. Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Again, apologies for this and hope we can understand what's happening.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

4 Posts

09-30-2020

United States of America

22 Signins

130 Page Views

• Views: 130
  • Message 3 of 18

2021-01-27, 20:54 PM

I agree with everything the OP said. I have been trying to love this phone since September. I'm on my third one, the screen is working great now but the connection issues are a real problem.

I'm in contact with MotoBecky, I hope she can help solve the issue but I believe it has to be a hardware issue. I think they put crap materials in this new phone vs sticking with the quality components Moto had used in the past.

Options

7 Posts

07-31-2014

Belgium

6 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 4 of 18

2021-02-09, 15:30 PM

Matt,

Thank you for offering to help.  I no longer have the phone.  It was returned to Verizon.  We are currently working out the financial side of things because I paid half the cost up front.  I wish I had received the offer to help prior to returning the phone.

Options

20124 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2589 Signins

65243 Page Views

• Message 5 of 18

2021-02-10, 13:44 PM

@ Mark_Midkiff wrote:

Matt,

Thank you for offering to help.  I no longer have the phone.  It was returned to Verizon.  We are currently working out the financial side of things because I paid half the cost up front.  I wish I had received the offer to help prior to returning the phone.

Hi.

That's a shame. I replied the following day. I use my edge+ on Verizon and have had no signal issues at all.

Sorry to lose you. Best of luck.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

20124 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2589 Signins

65243 Page Views

• Message 6 of 18

2021-02-10, 13:49 PM

@ Ninetyfive wrote:

I agree with everything the OP said. I have been trying to love this phone since September. I' on my third one, the screen is working great now but the connection issues are a real problem.

I' in contact with MotoBecky, I hope she can help solve the issue but I believe it has to be a hardware issue. I think they put crap materials in this new phone vs sticking with the quality components Moto had used in the past.

Hi.

I'm so sorry, I don't know how I managed to miss your post. Thanks for having your IMEI in your profile -- I can see that your signal is often poor and rarely even moderate. Can I ask where you are located, and if you have checked with Verizon about the coverage at your typical location(s)?

Though I don't expect too much to be revealed, may I look at your apps to see if there are clues to this issue there?

Glad to try and help resolve this if possible.

- Matt

Options

18 Posts

09-18-2020

Brazil

19 Signins

176 Page Views

• Views: 176
  • Message 7 of 18

2021-02-10, 15:39 PM

I'm also very disappointed, I've bought this phone just to get Android 11 as earlier as possible, paid $1000 and here we are, Feb/10 still waiting while a bunch of other phones already got it🤦🏻‍♂️

Senior Android Developer
Options

7 Posts

07-31-2014

Belgium

6 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 8 of 18

2021-02-10, 15:42 PM

Matt,

I am in South Florida.  I will give you some "soft spots."

Town of Weston: Even Verizon employees in local stores say there's no service in Weston.

I-595: highway that runs from Port Everglades all the way west.  All along I-595, service is low

Zip code 33319. Very low service levels.

I no longer have the phone.  It was returned to Verizon.  I am currently discussing the financial side of things because I made a large down payment on the phone when I bout it.

Verizon tells me that there were two separate tickets opened to check service levels and both tests were fine with no issues found.

I did read in a thread that I could have had Verizon change a CDMA setting on my account, and this setting could have possibly made things better.

I am a fan of the Droid line of phones.  If Motorola wants to send a phone to me and can convince Verizon to provide a service line, I will assist in the testing.

Options

57 Posts

06-05-2020

United States of America

65 Signins

480 Page Views

• Views: 480
  • Message 9 of 18

2021-02-12, 19:28 PM

Unfortunately many of these points are valid.   I likely won't own another Motorola phone either, especially if they're Verizon exclusives which is sad since I've owned many over the years.  I'm incredibly irritated I'm stuck with 1 bar and 1x majority of the time at home and paying $140/month through Verizon when I could switch to Spectrum Mobile and pay $14/month for the same terrible service based on the very little data I use.   Never again will I make that mistake of buying a phone locked to Verizon as the service gets gradually worse and the prices continue to sky rocket...   I'm very very close to just taking the $700 loss to pay this phone off and buying something else that's unlocked just so I can finally leave Verizon after 20 years.  With that said, other than the screen issue that now seems to not be happening on my device recently (though it's winter now and heat seems to exasperate it,) this really is a pretty good phone.   I just feel very stuck that I can't change carriers and will lose the promotional credit/"discount" if I pay it off early.   Just so tired of the business decisions that are great for big corp, but are terrible for the consumer.  Not saying all this to complain or because I want something done, just being completely open and honest.   Nothing improves when people aren't.  

Options

7 Posts

07-31-2014

Belgium

6 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 10 of 18

2021-02-12, 20:56 PM

You say you have no connection issues with your Edge+ on the Verizon network?  Can you say where you are?  I think it is within reason to ask Verizon to look at the network where you are versus where I am.  They can check the receivers, the cabling, routers, and switches.  They can check the progress of 5G integration.  If they looked at your area and could truly identify differences between your networking and mine, everyone would benefit.

My issue is that I am about to get a new phone.  I don't want to get some other handset only to find out that it also has connection issues.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms