Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge+
All Forum Topics
Options

26 Posts

04-28-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

24 Signins

295 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 295
  • Message 1 of 4

Android 11 : How to remove Home Screen App suggestions empty row ?

2021-04-07, 16:17 PM

Hello, I got an update for Android 11 today. I got a suggestion to apply "app suggestions" on home screen and I accidently clicked to apply which added a new row of suggested apps which I dont want. Now I have disabled the suggestions by tapping Home settings > Suggestions > Turned off Suggestions on Home screen.  It removed the apps but there is an empty row on my home screen and I dont want it, does anybody know how to get rid of this empty row ?

Options

22 Posts

03-14-2021

Italy

24 Signins

325 Page Views

• Views: 325
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Android 11 : How to remove Home Screen App suggestions empty row ?

2021-04-07, 20:17 PM

Unfortunately Android 11 does not remember your old layout and only deletes your App suggestions icons causing the line to be blank.

You have to move the icons back to the free space and you will have the same configuration as before.

Ds

Options

26 Posts

04-28-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

24 Signins

295 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 295
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-04-07, 22:30 PM

Actually I tried this too. I dragged all the 5 icons to the bottom row then it act as the same suggestions tab meaning if I have page 2 of home screen (swipe left) then I have these 5 icons coming up too in bottom row, though I only did it on main home screen.

Options

4792 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3273 Signins

73466 Page Views

• Views: 73466
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-04-12, 19:40 PM

@ Pk-bro wrote:

Actually I tried this too. I dragged all the 5 icons to the bottom row then it act as the same suggestions tab meaning if I have page 2 of home screen (swipe left) then I have these 5 icons coming up too in bottom row, though I only did it on main home screen.

I'd like to clear something up. The bottom row will show on all home screens. This is stock android behavior. So for me, I have phone, messaging, chrome, camera, and google photos, If I swipe to a 2nd or even a 3rd screen that bottom row will always show. This is the same behavior on my Google Pixel. That being said, if you're experiencing something else, then please let us know and we can do our best to help figure it out.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)