Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge+
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

04-07-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 1 of 10

Android 11 causing touchscreen issues

2021-04-07, 15:03 PM

I get to join the Edge screen issue thread of 115 pages. I recently did the last software update. I have what is best described as sensitivity issues. random scrolling , touch the name to dial and it dials a person 3 numbers away.  Hit the number 1 on my lock screen and a 7 shows up or 5 1's in a row. You never know . Keyboard for typing text and messages has the same problems. You hit a letter and you may get nothing or 3 of them. Screen seems to work better towards the edge and be almost not working in the middle . I am open to ideas. I bought this direct from Motorola 

Options

19826 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2500 Signins

62923 Page Views

• Views: 62923
  • Message 2 of 10

Re:Android 11 causing touchscreen issues

2021-04-07, 15:37 PM

@ whiskerz wrote:

I get to join the Edge screen issue thread of 115 pages. I recently did the last software update. I have what is best described as sensitivity issues. random scrolling , touch the name to dial and it dials a person 3 numbers away.  Hit the number 1 on my lock screen and a 7 shows up or 5 1' in a row. You never know . Keyboard for typing text and messages has the same problems. You hit a letter and you may get nothing or 3 of them. Screen seems to work better towards the edge and be almost not working in the middle . I am open to ideas. I bought this direct from Motorola 

Hi.

Very odd - sorry you're experiencing it. I'm assuming it worked great before, right?

A few quick questions.

• Is there a case on the phone?
  • Is it happening both when plugged in and when unplugged?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken? (Turned off and on, hard reset -- which is press and hold the power key until the phone turns off -- or other?)
  • How long ago did you update? Did you get the confirmation that the update was complete?

Can you test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up. This will allow you to use the phone with 3rd party apps disabled. If it still happens then, we can largely discard app interference as the cause.

We can check from our end too: Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate.

Sorry for this trouble. Glad to help resolve it.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

7 Posts

04-07-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

50 Page Views

• Message 3 of 10

2021-04-07, 20:39 PM

A few quick questions.

• Is there a case on the phone? Yes the OEM case
  • it happening both when plugged in and when unplugged? Yes no difference
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken? (Turned off and on, hard reset -- which is press and hold the power key until the phone turns off -- or other?) I have restarted. I do not want to lose my data and pictures on here. I had that wonderful experience with Samsung and lost a lot of data and pictures that could not be replaced. Verizon cloud is useless as well  The reset button now struggles to work.
  • How long ago did you update? Did you get the confirmation that the update was Yes. Updated last week been an issue since shortly afterwards
Options

7 Posts

04-07-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

50 Page Views

• Message 4 of 10

2021-04-08, 14:57 PM

This phone has turned into a hot steaming pile of poop. I had to disable the pin screen due to the inability of the phone to open with the pin.  I need some help before I buy an Apple. I have been an android user for years but every update seems to make your phone a hot steaming turd.  The only exception was many years ago I had 3 HTC phones in a row with no issues. I am unhappy. 

Options

7 Posts

04-07-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

50 Page Views

• Message 5 of 10

2021-04-09, 14:07 PM

Here is what I have figured out. It appears the center of the screen no longer does any of the touch screen functions. I discovered this when I am unable to stop my alarm this morning. How do I get a replacement or repair? 

Options

19826 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2500 Signins

62923 Page Views

• Views: 62923
  • Message 6 of 10

2021-04-09, 14:31 PM

@ whiskerz wrote:

Here is what I have figured out. It appears the center of the screen no longer does any of the touch screen functions. I discovered this when I am unable to stop my alarm this morning. How do I get a replacement or repair? 

Hi.

So sorry about this. Given that yours is the only report I've seen like this, I don't think the update is the culprit. The timing is unfortunate but I suspect something went wrong in the phone independently. Let me have an agent contact you to resolve this.

Question -- by any chance are you using the fingerprint sensor to unlock your phone?

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

7 Posts

04-07-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

50 Page Views

• Message 7 of 10

2021-04-09, 17:22 PM

I was using a pin to unlock the phone. If I was using a fingerprint I would be screwed. The phone seems to have given up on working . How do I get this handled promptly? Making a call on it is a lot of work. using the internet is **bleep** near impossible. sending a text is tough. I am unhappy. 

Options

7 Posts

04-07-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

50 Page Views

• Message 8 of 10

2021-04-12, 17:59 PM

In keeping with making my phone totally useless. Now the google call screening service is turned on and I am unable to answer calls thanks to the screen not working. I also get to enjoy some random FM station playing on the phone that I am unable to turn off. I muted the volume. I need a prompt solution Motorola. This phone is now hot steaming garbage.

Options

280 Posts

08-30-2018

United States of America

789 Signins

16393 Page Views

• Views: 16393
  • Message 9 of 10

2021-04-12, 19:55 PM

@ whiskerz wrote:

In keeping with making my phone totally useless. Now the google call screening service is turned on and I am unable to answer calls thanks to the screen not working. I also get to enjoy some random FM station playing on the phone that I am unable to turn off. I muted the volume. I need a prompt solution Motorola. This phone is now hot steaming garbage.

Hello,

I see that you replied to my private message.  I'll be in touch yet today to work on your issue.

Thanks

Becky

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

7 Posts

04-07-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

50 Page Views

• Message 10 of 10

2021-04-12, 21:23 PM

Thanks, I need a functional phone and this is not it. I can not even use it to look up numbers as it sits due to the lack of scrolling capability 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)