Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge+
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

05-09-2021

Sweden

5 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 21 of 28

Re:Android 11 update killed the camera, bugs, failures, and removed functions/features

2021-05-19, 6:26 AM

yes,

the factory reset dit the job!!

every funktion that was lost is back again.

but isn't that a little sad?!?

spending hours with maintenence getting your'e phone to work normal again.

being without essential funktions of the phone for more than a week.

just because motorola rolled out an update that wasn't tested properly and with that pissed off a lot of customers!

please do a better job next time/update and stop the current one until its bugs are fixed for good

regards

uwe burkart

Options

20039 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2557 Signins

64538 Page Views

• Views: 64538
  • Message 22 of 28

Re:Android 11 update killed the camera, bugs, failures, and removed functions/features

2021-05-19, 15:12 PM

@ uwe.cell wrote:

yes,

the factory reset dit the job!!

every funktion that was lost is back again.

but isn' that a little sad?!?

spending hours with maintenence getting your' phone to work normal again.

being without essential funktions of the phone for more than a week.

just because motorola rolled out an update that wasn' tested properly and with that pissed off a lot of customers!

please do a better job next time/update and stop the current one until its bugs are fixed for good

regards

uwe burkart

Hi.

Really glad it helped! 

We're always reluctant to go to FDR since it's a somewhat painful process. The update works flawlessly on 99.99% of devices, but sometimes there's a glitch that a reset can fix. 

Thanks for letting us know.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

61 Posts

07-30-2017

United States of America

70 Signins

475 Page Views

• Views: 475
  • Message 23 of 28

2021-06-12, 5:07 AM

So to make sure I'm hearing this right...if I update to Android 11, I lose the "EDGE" feature of the screen of the Motorola....EDGE? I lose one of the main reasons I bought this phone?? And the reasoning for this is it's Google's fault? That's it? So I'd have a phone that has a display I'm no longer satisfied with and just have to deal with it? That's kinda messed up. What is Moto's response to those of us that bought the phone because of the nice looking edge display aside from blaming google? Is this something that can even be fixed with an update? During the design process of the Edge, was the possibility of an OS update disabling the edge display not even considered? 

Options

48 Posts

03-01-2014

Greece

146 Signins

1028 Page Views

• Views: 1028
  • Message 24 of 28

2021-06-12, 7:54 AM
Short andwer: it is Google's fault. Long answer: Motorola screwed this and blames it on Google with lines like "Google disabled it", "There is nothing to be done" and other beauties. It is a software issue, as in inplementing the software to work oropperly with the hardware but Moto cannot be bothered with it. It is easier to blame it on Google. They even said in these forums "we try to stick as close as possible to stock", which right there lets you know they could have done it but chose not to. It was easier. Less coding, less hussle, less bugs to iron out
Options

20039 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2557 Signins

64538 Page Views

• Message 25 of 28

2021-06-15, 14:09 PM

@ Vonas wrote:

Short andwer: it is Google' fault. Long answer: Motorola screwed this and blames it on Google with lines like "Google disabled it", "There is nothing to be done" and other beauties. It is a software issue, as in inplementing the software to work oropperly with the hardware but Moto cannot be bothered with it. It is easier to blame it on Google. They even said in these forums "we try to stick as close as possible to stock", which right there lets you know they could have done it but chose not to. It was easier. Less coding, less hussle, less bugs to iron out

Hi.

All of the above is more or less true, though I wouldn't state it in quite the same way. It was a Google change; we do try to stay close to stock; and it isn't a small thing to make changes to functionality like this.

That being said, we do listen to feedback and we hear you. It looks like the next update may address this. Sorry that I don't have any timing to share.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

61 Posts

07-30-2017

United States of America

70 Signins

475 Page Views

• Views: 475
  • Message 26 of 28

2021-06-15, 15:57 PM
Thanks Matt. This may be a dumb question but what do you mean by "next update"? I assume its not next OS update since the Edge isn't getting Android 12 and I feel the only "updates" I've ever gotten every so often were security updates. Are there actually random updates that fix things?
Options

20039 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2557 Signins

64538 Page Views

• Message 27 of 28

2021-06-16, 14:38 PM

@ vice350z wrote:

Thanks Matt. This may be a dumb question but what do you mean by "next update"? I assume its not next OS update since the Edge isn' getting Android 12 and I feel the only "updates" I' ever gotten every so often were security updates. Are there actually random updates that fix things?

Hi.

Yes. :)

- Matt

Options

2 Posts

02-04-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 28 of 28

2021-07-11, 20:36 PM

Open the developer's option  most setting can be manipulated to your needs

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms