Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge+
All Forum Topics
Options

17 Posts

03-04-2021

United States of America

21 Signins

190 Page Views

• Views: 190
  • Message 1 of 18

Android 11

2021-03-20, 10:34 AM

I saw that Android 11 was available for download and down loaded it.

I noticed that the audio sounds different and the side double tap action bar no longer controls the display edges. 

There is a screenshot shot control just above the bottom of the screen. You'll see it if you flick the side double tap action bar up. 

I also found adaptive battery charging is available to prevent over charging the battery.  

Another observation, while watching a movie, the screen wraps around the edges , full screen, where this didn't happen with Android 10.

It seems that display edges are automatically controlled now. I was able to control it with the side action bar in Android 10.  

Still scouting out the new Android 11.

BTW the Yocunker 3 in 1 charger works well for the Edge Plus in the vertical position. The phone charging function is rated at 10 watts. Horizontal position is good too however, it seems to need some positioning.  The charging circuitry in the Edge + seems to be located off center towards the microphone side of the phone. In order to get the charger to recognize the phones presents, I have to slide the phone off center while in the horizontal position. Just move the phone around until the chargers Led turns on or the Edges of the phone lights up.

The Tozo T12 ear buds work well with the Edge Plus as well. Very well, they sound really good. Pairing the T12's was easy. The Tozo T12 case charger also works well with the 3 in 1 Yocunker charger too. 

Otterbox symmetry case. I have the clear and the black. Both cases do not completely encapsulate the phone. The case is a minimalist style case providing impact protection to the back and all 4 sides while still leaving the entire display in full view. Of the two cases I like the black one better,  for the looks and it has a bit of texture for better handling. 

Options

4887 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3279 Signins

74091 Page Views

• Views: 74091
  • Message 2 of 18

Re:Android 11

2021-03-22, 2:20 AM

@ mongo1958 wrote:

I noticed that the audio sounds different and the side double tap action bar no longer controls the display edges. 

There is a screenshot shot control just above the bottom of the screen. You' see it if you flick the side double tap action bar up. 

I also found adaptive battery charging is available to prevent over charging the battery.  

Another observation, while watching a movie, the screen wraps around the edges , full screen, where this didn' happen with Android 10.

It seems that display edges are automatically controlled now. I was able to control it with the side action bar in Android 10.  

Still scouting out the new Android 11.

BTW the Yocunker 3 in 1 charger works well for the Edge Plus in the vertical position. The phone charging function is rated at 10 watts. Horizontal position is good too however, it seems to need some positioning.  The charging circuitry in the Edge + seems to be located off center towards the microphone side of the phone. In order to get the charger to recognize the phones presents, I have to slide the phone off center while in the horizontal position. Just move the phone around until the chargers Led turns on or the Edges of the phone lights up.

The Tozo T12 ear buds work well with the Edge Plus as well. Very well, they sound really good. Pairing the T12' was easy. The Tozo T12 case charger also works well with the 3 in 1 Yocunker charger too. 

Otterbox symmetry case. I have the clear and the black. Both cases do not completely encapsulate the phone. The case is a minimalist style case providing impact protection to the back and all 4 sides while still leaving the entire display in full view. Of the two cases I like the black one better,  for the looks and it has a bit of texture for better handling. 

Hello, I'm glad you were able to update. Yeah, Android 11 made some changes with Edge Display that was out of our control. To give some more background. Android 11 introduces a Waterfall API enabling applications to control what is shown on the edge. To maintain compatibility with Android, any application upgraded to Android 11 - such as most Google applications - is excluded from the manual Edge display On/Off setting. I hope that helps explain the new edge display stuff.

Let me know,

-Tom

FYI, we (the moto support team) do not actively monitor the community on the weekends so there may be delays in getting back to you.

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

14 Posts

12-02-2013

United States of America

34 Signins

225 Page Views

• Views: 225
  • Message 3 of 18

2021-03-22, 5:44 AM

@ mongo1958 wrote:

<snip>

There is a screenshot shot control just above the bottom of the screen. You' see it if you flick the side double tap action bar up. 

<snip>

I'm not able to replicate the screenshot control you describe. Maybe I don't understand the gesture you refer to.

Sent from my moto edge+
Options

14 Posts

12-02-2013

United States of America

34 Signins

225 Page Views

• Message 4 of 18

2021-03-22, 6:00 AM
Got it. "Swipe up" on the action bar. Thanks
Sent from my moto edge+
Options

14 Posts

12-02-2013

United States of America

34 Signins

225 Page Views

• Message 5 of 18

2021-03-22, 6:01 AM

Got it. "Swipe up" on the action bar. Thanks

Sent from my moto edge+
Options

15 Posts

03-23-2021

United States of America

18 Signins

125 Page Views

• Views: 125
  • Message 6 of 18

2021-03-23, 15:46 PM

I upgraded my Motorola Edge Plus to Android and had me problems.

1  I could not pair anything using Bluetooth except my car.

2. If I shut down the phone it took 10 minutes to recognize the SIM card.

3.  It randomly dropped calls and would not let me call out for a few minutes.

4.  The Google App would not function and I had to close it,

5.  I was getting 5G before I upgraded and after the upgrade there was no 5G.

6.  When using my wireless network the phone would randomly show bars and then no bars for the Verizon network.

7. I ended up getting another phone with Android 10 on it and turned off automatic updates until it is stable.

I would not recommend upgrading to Android 11 until these issues are worked out.

Options

19826 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2500 Signins

62923 Page Views

• Views: 62923
  • Message 7 of 18

2021-03-24, 15:02 PM

@ RichTempe wrote:

I upgraded my Motorola Edge Plus to Android and had me problems.

1  I could not pair anything using Bluetooth except my car.

2. If I shut down the phone it took 10 minutes to recognize the SIM card.

3.  It randomly dropped calls and would not let me call out for a few minutes.

4.  The Google App would not function and I had to close it,

5.  I was getting 5G before I upgraded and after the upgrade there was no 5G.

6.  When using my wireless network the phone would randomly show bars and then no bars for the Verizon network.

7. I ended up getting another phone with Android 10 on it and turned off automatic updates until it is stable.

I would not recommend upgrading to Android 11 until these issues are worked out.

Hi.

Wow, that's a lot of unusual issues. I'm so sorry. The good news is that we're not seeing similar reports, so there's a good chance we can identify the issue with your device and resolve it.

The update rolled out -- bad luck! -- at the same time as a Google problem with Web View and Chrome. This caused all kinds of problems that looked like they were associated with the update, but were not. I'd like to ask you to go through these steps first, and see if it helps, before we tackle this.

https://www.google.com/appsstatus#hl=en&v=issue&sid=1&iid=aa75515d184a2423be444d676b7ebf45

Updating Android System WebView and Google Chrome via Google Play should resolve the issues.

1. Navigate to Play Store app
2. Search for Android System WebView
(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.webview)
3. Select the "Update" option
4. Repeat these steps for Google Chrome (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.android.chrome)

Also, can you please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate.

Thanks.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

15 Posts

03-23-2021

United States of America

18 Signins

125 Page Views

• Message 8 of 18

2021-03-24, 17:23 PM

Even tho I turned off automatic updates the phone updated anyway so it is on Android 11 now.  It still is a little slow to recognize the sim card (it takes a couple of minutes) but it has not failed to recognize the sim card while the phone is on. 

I cannot pair my wireless headphones or any other device but my Highlander.  I also am not getting 5G like I was before it updated. 

I updated updated Chrome, System Webview, my personal info with the phones serial number and IMEI and turned on the Settings for Motorola Privacy. It's okay for you to look at my apps to see if they are a source of problems.

I love the phone; technology is so complicated that I understand it has difficult to test all phones and every app to make sure they function with each new upgrade.

I appreciate any and all help you can give me.

Thanks for replying.

Options

19826 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2500 Signins

62923 Page Views

• Views: 62923
  • Message 9 of 18

2021-03-24, 18:56 PM

@ RichTempe wrote:

Even tho I turned off automatic updates the phone updated anyway so it is on Android 11 now.  It still is a little slow to recognize the sim card (it takes a couple of minutes) but it has not failed to recognize the sim card while the phone is on. 

I cannot pair my wireless headphones or any other device but my Highlander.  I also am not getting 5G like I was before it updated. 

I updated updated Chrome, System Webview, my personal info with the phones serial number and IMEI and turned on the Settings for Motorola Privacy. It' okay for you to look at my apps to see if they are a source of problems.

I love the phone; technology is so complicated that I understand it has difficult to test all phones and every app to make sure they function with each new upgrade.

I appreciate any and all help you can give me.

Thanks for replying.

Hi.

Thanks for the quick and thorough response. I'll take a look at the check-in data. For the BT, I'd give the standard troubleshooting a try if you have time. 

Thanks,

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

15 Posts

03-23-2021

United States of America

18 Signins

125 Page Views

• Message 10 of 18

2021-03-24, 19:10 PM

I did try the BT troubleshooting tips but they did not help.

Could it be BT settings in Developer Options?

It paired with Android 10.

Thanks

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms