Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge+
All Forum Topics
Options

9 Posts

01-07-2021

Canada

7 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 20

Android Auto problem

2021-01-07, 0:48 AM

I need help figuring out why my phone (Edge+) will not connect properly with my stereo.  I have not been able to use this since switching to this phone and I really would like it to work.

I have tried several things including adding the Android Auto For Phone Screen app and still have not had any success.

Please help 

Options

19826 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2500 Signins

62923 Page Views

• Views: 62923
  • Message 2 of 20

Re:Android Auto problem

2021-02-04, 20:20 PM

@ Dgully wrote:

I need help figuring out why my phone (Edge+) will not connect properly with my stereo.  I have not been able to use this since switching to this phone and I really would like it to work.

I have tried several things including adding the Android Auto For Phone Screen app and still have not had any success.

Please help 

Hi.

Wow, I completely missed this. And I see now you had to go to our feedback boards -- yikes. I am so sorry.

You said: 

I am having an issue with my Edge+.  It will not run Android Auto with my Kenwood DDX6905.  I have not had an issue with this until switching to the Edge+ and I would really like it to be able to work again. I've exhausted help through my phone dealer and I have had no luck with online forums.

Is Driving Mode even showing up? Are you seeing any error messages on the phone, or on your Kenwood? If there is no indication of the connection at all, are we sure the cable is okay? (Sorry to have to ask.)

I think we should get a bug report too. It's not as complicated as it looks. First, try to make the connection and reproduce the failure. Then...

1. Go to Settings > System > scroll to the bottom > Tap on Build number 7 times to enable Developer mode.

2. Go to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer options.

3. In Developer options, enable USB debugging 

4. In Developer options > Enable Bug Report shortcut

5. Once the issue is reproduced, go to Developer options > Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.

6. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.

7. When it's ready, upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and share the link to the Bug Report via an email to supportforums@motorola.com, and include a note referring to this post so we know what it refers to.

8. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Again, sorry for the delay!

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

9 Posts

01-07-2021

Canada

7 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 3 of 20

2021-02-04, 22:15 PM

Matt,

It's all good on the late response.

To answer your questions.

My phone doesn't even recognize the phone. When I go into Android Auto and look at the screen it doesn't even show my stereo as a connected source nor will it even connect when I hook up the USB cable nothing happens.  I've tried several different times, I've done factory resets on the phone, I've gone to my local stereo store and I have had their top guys go through the same steps and they can't get it working.

I have done as you asked and will send you a bug report soon in hopes I can get this figured out.

Thanks. Derek

Options

9 Posts

01-07-2021

Canada

7 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 4 of 20

2021-02-04, 22:29 PM

Matt,

Bug report has been done and emailed to the address you listed.  I have also attached a screenshot of what I see when I'm trying to get to things to work in this message as well as the email I sent in

Derek

Screenshot_20210204-152043.png
Options

4 Posts

02-11-2021

Canada

5 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 5 of 20

2021-02-11, 6:36 AM

Im having same issue with Android Auto 

Options

4 Posts

02-11-2021

Canada

5 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 6 of 20

Android Auto problem

2021-02-11, 6:41 AM

Motorola edge plus will not connect to android auto using factory usb cable. I have a message that comes up on stereo .  \\To use Android Auto please stop your car and follow the instructions on your phone//  .   No messages or instructions show up on Edge + & car is parked .  My old Samsung S10 worked on my Kenwood dmx706s. iPhone also works .  I made a bug report & took a picture of message on stereo. Where would i send bug report . & I see others are have a similar issues. Is there a update/patch in the works ? 

Options

19826 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2500 Signins

62923 Page Views

• Message 7 of 20

2021-02-11, 14:48 PM

@ Firly wrote:

Motorola edge plus will not connect to android auto using factory usb cable. I have a message that comes up on stereo .  \\ use Android Auto please stop your car and follow the instructions on your phone//  .   No messages or instructions show up on Edge + & car is parked .  My old Samsung S10 worked on my Kenwood dmx706s. iPhone also works .  I made a bug report & took a picture of message on stereo. Where would i send bug report . & I see others are have a similar issues. Is there a update/patch in the works ? 

Hi.

Thanks for all the details. Very puzzling - apologies for this.

Please upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and share the link to the Bug Report via an email to supportforums@motorola.com, and include a note referring to this post so we know what it refers to. In the email, please provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken..

Regards,

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

57 Posts

06-05-2020

United States of America

65 Signins

480 Page Views

• Views: 480
  • Message 8 of 20

2021-02-12, 19:50 PM

I constantly have issues with Android Auto on my Edge+ as well on my 2019 Chevy Volt.  I've found the screen HAS to be unlocked when plugging in the phone for it to work for me.  But even then, it's often 10+ minutes where the car will just report "please plug in a compatible device to use Android Auto."   While this is happening the edge lighting on my phone will flash several times and Android auto will launch, it just takes forever to actually project to my car's infotainment.   I've tested it recently with my old phone, a Galaxy S9 and it launches instantly to the car and that phone's 3+ years old.   My Volt runs Chevy's newest Mylink interface as well so it's not because it's an outdated system.  It's really kind of a safety hazard and major inconvenience since I usually only use Android Auto when I need to use navigation for work and it puts me behind because I have to sit there waiting for AA to engage so I can get my directions going.  

Options

9 Posts

01-07-2021

Canada

7 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 9 of 20

2021-02-25, 4:10 AM

Matt,

Any word on what the problem may be and how to fix it??

Options

19826 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2500 Signins

62923 Page Views

• Message 10 of 20

2021-02-25, 15:30 PM

@ Dgully wrote:

Matt,

Any word on what the problem may be and how to fix it??

Hi.

No, nothing yet, sorry. I am pinging the team for a response.

- Matt

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)