Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge+
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

12-23-2020

United States of America

5 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 1 of 4

Battery draining problems

2021-03-23, 20:36 PM

I've had my phone for about 3 months now. The last couple of days, when it take it off the turbo charger after having been on there for several hours, it's still very warm. I only used a couple of apps for about 20 minutes today and the battery usage monitor says that battery would run out in about 4 hours. It hasn't drained so quickly before. It used to be that I could use it for at least 12 hours. I haven't installed the latest update yet. Why is this problem all of a sudden happening? Thanks.

Options

19826 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2500 Signins

62923 Page Views

• Views: 62923
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Battery draining problems

2021-03-24, 14:57 PM

@ Technomannt wrote:

I' had my phone for about 3 months now. The last couple of days, when it take it off the turbo charger after having been on there for several hours, it' still very warm. I only used a couple of apps for about 20 minutes today and the battery usage monitor says that battery would run out in about 4 hours. It hasn' drained so quickly before. It used to be that I could use it for at least 12 hours. I haven' installed the latest update yet. Why is this problem all of a sudden happening? Thanks.

Hi.

This is unusual; at first I was thinking you may have installed the update, which can cause a temporarily-high battery drain, but then you said you hadn't. (If you can install it, please do. No sense doing a lot of work on this before updating if we're just going to change it up right after. And it could resolve the issue.)

There's also been a Google problem with Chrome and Web View, but if that was the underlying issue I would expect you to report other problems as well.

Getting warm while charging is normal, but not four hours of battery life. Even 12 seems low. So I'd like to take a look at your check-in data for clues.

Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate.

Thanks for reaching out - standing by!

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

4 Posts

12-23-2020

United States of America

5 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-03-27, 21:05 PM

Matt,

The last couple of days, it didn't seem to have this problem anymore. So, I don't know if at the beginning of the week, it was downloading the update. That may have been the case since a prompt to install it shows up now. Yesterday and the day before, when I would touch it after having been charging over night, it didn't feel warm. It felt cool like it used to. I thought the problem might've been fixed because after using it for an hour or two, the battery usage meter would say that there was more than a day's charge left. Today, however, is a different story. I took it off the charger 30 mins. ago, but the meter says that there's only 8 hours left. I've hardly even used it.

I updated my profile. I have Settings > Privacy, but no Motorola Privacy so I'm not sure where to go. Yes, you have permission to look at my apps.

Options

19826 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2500 Signins

62923 Page Views

• Views: 62923
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-03-29, 18:55 PM

@ Technomannt wrote:

Matt,

The last couple of days, it didn' seem to have this problem anymore. So, I don' know if at the beginning of the week, it was downloading the update. That may have been the case since a prompt to install it shows up now. Yesterday and the day before, when I would touch it after having been charging over night, it didn' feel warm. It felt cool like it used to. I thought the problem might' been fixed because after using it for an hour or two, the battery usage meter would say that there was more than a day' charge left. Today, however, is a different story. I took it off the charger 30 mins. ago, but the meter says that there' only 8 hours left. I' hardly even used it.

I updated my profile. I have Settings > Privacy, but no Motorola Privacy so I' not sure where to go. Yes, you have permission to look at my apps.

Hi.

Based on your check-in data, your battery has really rebounded from a bad stretch. The numbers look very good over the past five days (counting today).

The only app I see that is misbehaving is your Alexa app. I can't see that it's causing any major difficulties.

I think for now the phone is back to looking great. Let me know if you see issues.

Thanks,

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms