Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

05-18-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 21 of 48

Re:Bugs in the Android 11 update

2021-05-18, 17:09 PM

I can...but it is random.  I have seen reports on Reddit and other tech forums of Pixel and Samsung owners getting the reboot, so this maybe something in general wrong in the software for Android 11.  

Options

1 Posts

05-18-2021

Switzerland

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 22 of 48

2021-05-18, 20:30 PM

Hallo

Seit meinem Android 11 Update Ruckelt das Motorola Edge Extrem. Alle Animationen welche bei Android noch mit 90Hz wiedergegeben wurden, werden zum Teil nur noch mit 30Hz angezeigt. 

Zum einen die Animation wenn man in die App auswahl geht. (Also von unten nach Oben streicht.) Oder wenn man in die Obere Bedienleiste swiped. Oder wenn man von unten nach oben zieht um in die laufenden Apps zu gelangen. Auch diese Ruckelt Enorm. 

In ein paar wenigen Situationen sind die Animationen auch mit 90Hz dargstellt. Jedoch nur ca. 1 von 50 mal. 

Das Ruckeln zieht sich durch das ganze System. Es ist aber am meisten bei diesen Punkten erkennbar. 

Es ist extrem Mühsam da alles jetzt sehr zähe wirkt. 

Ich habe bereits mein Handy Formatiert und neu bespielt. Vergebens. 

Können sie mir Lösungsvorschläge bringen? Ich Ärgere mich zu Tode. Das ist wirklich Mühsam und nicht das was ich von einem 4 Monate alten Smartphone erwarte. 

Options

6880 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3414 Signins

86226 Page Views

• Views: 86226
  • Message 23 of 48

2021-05-19, 19:12 PM

@ MaximilianK wrote:

Hallo

Seit meinem Android 11 Update Ruckelt das Motorola Edge Extrem. Alle Animationen welche bei Android noch mit 90Hz wiedergegeben wurden, werden zum Teil nur noch mit 30Hz angezeigt. 

Zum einen die Animation wenn man in die App auswahl geht. (Also von unten nach Oben streicht.) Oder wenn man in die Obere Bedienleiste swiped. Oder wenn man von unten nach oben zieht um in die laufenden Apps zu gelangen. Auch diese Ruckelt Enorm. 

In ein paar wenigen Situationen sind die Animationen auch mit 90Hz dargstellt. Jedoch nur ca. 1 von 50 mal. 

Das Ruckeln zieht sich durch das ganze System. Es ist aber am meisten bei diesen Punkten erkennbar. 

Es ist extrem Mühsam da alles jetzt sehr zähe wirkt. 

Ich habe bereits mein Handy Formatiert und neu bespielt. Vergebens. 

Können sie mir Lösungsvorschläge bringen? Ich Ärgere mich zu Tode. Das ist wirklich Mühsam und nicht das was ich von einem 4 Monate alten Smartphone erwarte. 

Hallo und danke fürs posten. Es tut mir leid, dass bei den Animationen Verzögerungsprobleme auftreten. Zunächst möchte ich sagen, dass ich Google Translate verwende, um dies zu schreiben. Ich entschuldige mich für Rechtschreib- / Grammatikfehler. Wie ich bereits in diesem Thread erwähnt habe, werden wir in einem zukünftigen Software-Update Verbesserungen für die verzögerte Leistung erzielen.

Vielen Dank,
Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

2 Posts

05-21-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 24 of 48

2021-05-21, 4:02 AM

The fact all these bugs have been publicly acknowledged, leads me to believe this is a Manufacturer's Defect and entitles users to a replacement. 

Options

244 Posts

02-10-2017

Portugal

232 Signins

1212 Page Views

• Views: 1212
  • Message 25 of 48

2021-05-21, 16:54 PM

English please

Options

3 Posts

05-24-2021

Italy

5 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 26 of 48

2021-05-24, 17:29 PM

Hi to all from Italy. After the Android 11 update I have found two strange bugs on my Edge XT2063-3 reteu.

First: now there isn't any menu where I can change or edit APNs.

Second: every time that the phone loses carrier network and then hooks network again, the network name visibile with a slide in the right corner remains written as "Nessun servizio"/No service or "Emergency only", but the phone works fine. Also in the lock screen is the same, but it change with the network name in the bottom when i make a slide. I have made two screenshots to explain better this bug.

Thanks

Screenshot_20210524-195236-593.png Screenshot_20210524-195145-425.png
Options

6880 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3414 Signins

86226 Page Views

• Message 27 of 48

2021-05-24, 20:40 PM

@ bobby3_ita wrote:

Hi to all from Italy. After the Android 11 update I have found two strange bugs on my Edge XT2063-3 reteu.

First: now there isn' any menu where I can change or edit APNs.

Second: every time that the phone loses carrier network and then hooks network again, the network name visibile with a slide in the right corner remains written as "Nessun servizio"/No service or "Emergency only", but the phone works fine. Also in the lock screen is the same, but it change with the network name in the bottom when i make a slide. I have made two screenshots to explain better this bug.

Thanks

Hello and thanks for posting. I'll do my best to help.

• APN Settings.
    • Go to Settings > Tap on Network & Internet > Tap on Mobile network > Tap on Advanced > Tap on Access Point Names. From there you should be able to add a new APN under the Menu (3 dots on the top right). Now, keep in mind that the SIM used can limit access to edit or add new APN's. For example for me with my Verizon SIM, I have no option to create a new APN. However, if I put in my T-Mobile SIM I have the option
  • No Service Message after getting signal back.
    • This is a new one. How many times has this happened? Have you tried resetting network settings (Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth) and also APN's (Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile Network > Advanced > Access Point Names > Menu (3 dots on the top right) > Reset to default) to default? Have you spoken to your carrier yet? 

Let me know,

Thanks,

Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

3 Posts

05-24-2021

Italy

5 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 28 of 48

2021-05-26, 17:10 PM

Thanks for your answer Motorola Tom.

After reading your words I made some tests on my sim card and I found the solution.

Using a sim card of the same carrier but newer, I magically found the APNs menu and the right carrier name in the top right corner of the display, also after losing network.

So the bugs I found in the Android 11 update are problems of my sim card. I will call my carrier for a sim change.

Thank you again Motorola Tom.

Options

6880 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3414 Signins

86226 Page Views

• Message 29 of 48

2021-05-26, 21:03 PM

@ bobby3_ita wrote:

Thanks for your answer Motorola Tom.

After reading your words I made some tests on my sim card and I found the solution.

Using a sim card of the same carrier but newer, I magically found the APNs menu and the right carrier name in the top right corner of the display, also after losing network.

So the bugs I found in the Android 11 update are problems of my sim card. I will call my carrier for a sim change.

Thank you again Motorola Tom.

That's good to hear. I'm glad you were able to figure it out. Just for reference, what carrier are you using? This way others that might have the same issue will know to contact their carrier to get a new SIM.

Thanks,

Tom

Options

3 Posts

05-24-2021

Italy

5 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 30 of 48

2021-05-27, 15:39 PM

My carrier is Iliad Italy. I used three Iliad sim cards to make tests: the mine has the problems, my wife's sim card and another sim works fine. Thanks.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms