Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge
All Forum Topics
Options

35 Posts

10-25-2020

Argentina

42 Signins

215 Page Views

• Views: 215
  • Message 1 of 4

Call recordings now working

2021-03-16, 13:29 PM

Hi everybody

After the last security update Call recordings are now allowed with a voice warning  "Call recording has starded" (translation)

The fact is that the phone says the recording has been saved but I cannot find where.

As far as I knew this was not allowd at the very begining of Android 10 and it was scheduled a warning when Android 11 is released

Can you pls help me to locate these recordings.

Thank you very much in advance

Answer
Options

4892 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3279 Signins

74106 Page Views

• Views: 74106

Re:Call recordings now working

2021-03-17, 0:42 AM

@ Pala1955 wrote:

Hi everybody

After the last security update Call recordings are now allowed with a voice warning  "Call recording has starded" (translation)

The fact is that the phone says the recording has been saved but I cannot find where.

As far as I knew this was not allowd at the very begining of Android 10 and it was scheduled a warning when Android 11 is released

Hello, the call recording feature is completely controlled and managed by Google.  You can find more info about the feature here: https://support.google.com/phoneapp/answer/9803950?hl=en

According to the Google FAQ

Find a recorded call

All of your recordings are stored on your device to keep your recordings private. Calls aren’t saved or backed up off-device.

To find your recording:

1. Open the Phone app .
  2. Tap Recents.
  3. Tap on the caller you spoke with and recorded. 
    • If you recorded the latest call with the caller, go to the player in the "Recents" screen.
    • Alternately, if you recorded a previous call, tap History. Then find the recording in the list of calls.
  4. Tap Play .
  5.  To share a recorded call, tap Share 

Tip: You can share recorded calls to supported apps such as email or messaging apps.

I hope that helps.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Replies(3)
Answer
Options

4892 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3279 Signins

74106 Page Views

• Message 2 of 4

2021-03-17, 0:42 AM

@ Pala1955 wrote:

Hi everybody

Hello, the call recording feature is completely controlled and managed by Google.  You can find more info about the feature here: https://support.google.com/phoneapp/answer/9803950?hl=en

According to the Google FAQ

Find a recorded call

All of your recordings are stored on your device to keep your recordings private. Calls aren’t saved or backed up off-device.

To find your recording:

1. Open the Phone app .
  2. Tap Recents.
  3. Tap on the caller you spoke with and recorded. 
    • If you recorded the latest call with the caller, go to the player in the "Recents" screen.
    • Alternately, if you recorded a previous call, tap History. Then find the recording in the list of calls.
  4. Tap Play .
  5.  To share a recorded call, tap Share 

Tip: You can share recorded calls to supported apps such as email or messaging apps.

I hope that helps.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

35 Posts

10-25-2020

Argentina

42 Signins

215 Page Views

• Views: 215
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-03-17, 8:34 AM

Thanks a lot Tom. Now it works.

Best regards

Carlos

Options

4892 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3279 Signins

74106 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2021-03-17, 22:55 PM

@ Pala1955 wrote:

Thanks a lot Tom. Now it works.

Best regards

Carlos

Carlos

That's great news. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions or concerns.

-Tom

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms