Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge
All Forum Topics
Options

11 Posts

03-15-2021

Italy

34 Signins

125 Page Views

• Views: 125
  • Message 1 of 6

Can't use Rescue and Smart Assistant to backup my phone

2021-04-08, 12:54 PM

I recently bought a Motorola Edge in Italy and it is the TIM version of it with the "timit" software channel. I am trying to take a backup of the phone using Rescue and Smart Assistant (RSA). I enable USB debugging before plugging the phone and the USB setting is in File Transfer mode. There is a popup on RSA saying I should say ok for the authorization message, however there is no popup on my phone asking to authorize the computer for USB debugging, hence I am unable to proceed with RSA. Could anyone provide some suggestions on why this is happening and the possible solution to that?

I have to add that if I use another freeware for backing up the phone I see the popup asking for authorization on the phone and I can go ahead with the backup in USB debugging mode.

I would like using RSA though and any help is appreciated.

Raghu

Options

5188 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3301 Signins

75921 Page Views

• Views: 75921
  • Message 2 of 6

Re:Can't use Rescue and Smart Assistant to backup my phone

2021-04-08, 18:33 PM

@ Raghu76 wrote:

I recently bought a Motorola Edge in Italy and it is the TIM version of it with the "timit" software channel. I am trying to take a backup of the phone using Rescue and Smart Assistant (RSA). I enable USB debugging before plugging the phone and the USB setting is in File Transfer mode. There is a popup on RSA saying I should say ok for the authorization message, however there is no popup on my phone asking to authorize the computer for USB debugging, hence I am unable to proceed with RSA. Could anyone provide some suggestions on why this is happening and the possible solution to that?

I have to add that if I use another freeware for backing up the phone I see the popup asking for authorization on the phone and I can go ahead with the backup in USB debugging mode.

I would like using RSA though and any help is appreciated.

Raghu

Hi Raghu. I'll do my best to help. It's a bit difficult to tell what's going on. I would recommend starting with removing any other backup apps off your phone as it could be taking the focus/stopping the interactions with RSA. If that doesn't work, then the next step is to use the Feedback button build right into the RSA desktop app. That will send logs from RSA directly to the app developers for the app so they can assist.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

11 Posts

03-15-2021

Italy

34 Signins

125 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2021-04-08, 19:51 PM
Hi Tom, Thanks for the quick response. I had only one backup app on the phone and removing it did not help. I still get the "Check this option on your device to authorize USB debugging" popup on my computer but there is no popup appearing on my phone. I have used the Feedback button and submitted the same query, I hope they will be able to help. Raghu
Options

5188 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3301 Signins

75921 Page Views

• Views: 75921
  • Message 4 of 6

2021-04-09, 22:05 PM

@ Raghu76 wrote:

Hi Tom, Thanks for the quick response. I had only one backup app on the phone and removing it did not help. I still get the "Check this option on your device to authorize USB debugging" popup on my computer but there is no popup appearing on my phone. I have used the Feedback button and submitted the same query, I hope they will be able to help. Raghu

Let's do this. Unplug the phone from your computer. Restart Rescue & Smart Assistant. On your phone go to your Developer options and revoke USB debugging authorization. Then plug the phone in again. See if you then get the prompt on the phone. Otherwise, you'll likely have to wait for the Rescue devs to review the feedback.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

11 Posts

03-15-2021

Italy

34 Signins

125 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2021-04-09, 22:09 PM
Thanks Tom! I have tried that already but no luck there, so I suppose I have to wait for the Rescue devs to review the feedback. Raghu
Options

47 Posts

03-14-2021

Italy

77 Signins

750 Page Views

• Views: 750
  • Message 6 of 6

2021-04-10, 9:31 AM

Hi,

I link to this post to know if there is a way to use the app RSA and avoid (or at least remember) every time (on Android) to:

1) activate developer mode

2) activate the USB dubug

Thank you.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms