Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

03-20-2021

Denmark

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 3

Cant open PDF files in chrome

2021-03-20, 7:19 AM

Hey Tom 

I'm having the same issue with not being able to open a downloaded pdf straight away. I'm using the motorola edge 5g from 2020. I have to find the PDF file in files/internal storage/downloads and choose the Adobe reader app to open a pdf. Have you guys figured a proper fix for this issue?

Options

13492 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1277 Signins

173335 Page Views

• Views: 173335
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Cant open PDF files in chrome

2021-03-22, 13:12 PM

Hi Pederdingo

You've posted in this thread. I will move your post to Edge community. We will assist you from here. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

5190 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3301 Signins

75931 Page Views

• Views: 75931
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Cant open PDF files in chrome

2021-03-23, 0:22 AM

@ Pederdingo wrote:

Hey Tom 

I' having the same issue with not being able to open a downloaded pdf straight away. I' using the motorola edge 5g from 2020. I have to find the PDF file in files/internal storage/downloads and choose the Adobe reader app to open a pdf. Have you guys figured a proper fix for this issue?

Hello and thanks for posting. There is nothing to be fixed. Once you tap on a PDF it will download and should automatically open the file. This is the way stock Android performs. For example, I just tested on three different models, Moto Edge, Motorola One 5G, and Pixel 4a 5G. Using chrome I browsed to: https://file-examples.com/index.php/sample-documents-download/sample-pdf-download/ Once clicking on the first test PDF link, the screen went black, then white, and once the file finished downloading the content showed up. I did not have to download any 3rd party apps or make any special changes to my device. One of the phones I just setup without installing any 3rd party apps at all. It performed the same way on all 3 devices. Please try browsing to the link I provided and tap on the first sample PDF download button. Let me know what happens on your device.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms