Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

03-15-2021

United States of America

7 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 8

Connectivity issues

2021-03-15, 16:48 PM

I bought a moto edge a few months ago and right out of the box it drops the mobile data connection at random constantly throughout the day. I reset the phone a few days in thinking that would help but no luck. I've reset all the settings but nothing. It happens with LTE and 5G. I've contacted moto support to pretty much be told I'd have to send my phone in for repair and be without a phone for a week or buy a new phone they'll charge me $25 and I send my old phone back and after they determine its not something I've done they'll refund the price of the phone. I don't have $525 laying around to put on hold for a week nor can I be without a phone for a week anyone have any clue what could possibly fix this?

Answer
Options

4887 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3279 Signins

74091 Page Views

• Views: 74091

Re:Connectivity issues

2021-03-16, 0:50 AM

@ DeadlyAdvocate wrote:

I bought a moto edge a few months ago and right out of the box it drops the mobile data connection at random constantly throughout the day. I reset the phone a few days in thinking that would help but no luck. I' reset all the settings but nothing. It happens with LTE and 5G. I' contacted moto support to pretty much be told I' have to send my phone in for repair and be without a phone for a week or buy a new phone they' charge me $25 and I send my old phone back and after they determine its not something I' done they' refund the price of the phone. I don' have $525 laying around to put on hold for a week nor can I be without a phone for a week anyone have any clue what could possibly fix this?

Hello, I'm sorry to see you're experiencing issues with the mobile network connection on your phone. I'd like to get some more information. If you can answer the following questions:

1. How often are you experiencing this during the day? 
  2. Are you traveling or is this happening at home? 
  3. Does it happen in all locations?
  4. What carrier are you using?
  5. Can you please up your forum profile with the IMEI or SN from your device.

-Tom

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Replies(7)
Answer
Options

4887 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3279 Signins

74091 Page Views

• Message 2 of 8

2021-03-16, 0:50 AM

@ DeadlyAdvocate wrote:

I bought a moto edge a few months ago and right out of the box it drops the mobile data connection at random constantly throughout the day. I reset the phone a few days in thinking that would help but no luck. I' reset all the settings but nothing. It happens with LTE and 5G. I' contacted moto support to pretty much be told I' have to send my phone in for repair and be without a phone for a week or buy a new phone they' charge me $25 and I send my old phone back and after they determine its not something I' done they' refund the price of the phone. I don' have $525 laying around to put on hold for a week nor can I be without a phone for a week anyone have any clue what could possibly fix this?

Hello, I'm sorry to see you're experiencing issues with the mobile network connection on your phone. I'd like to get some more information. If you can answer the following questions:

1. How often are you experiencing this during the day? 
  2. Are you traveling or is this happening at home? 
  3. Does it happen in all locations?
  4. What carrier are you using?
  5. Can you please up your forum profile with the IMEI or SN from your device.

-Tom

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

4 Posts

03-15-2021

United States of America

7 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 3 of 8

2021-03-16, 3:22 AM

I updated my profile thank you for your help I actually factory reset my phone today and the issue still persists unfortunately

It happens a couple times an hour randomly

I have to reload pages and searches on google all the time

Get kicked out of online games because you need a solid connection

trying to stream anything is low quality 

and as fast as my phone would be I'm always seeing things loading I love the phone but this is very frustrating 

Options

4887 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3279 Signins

74091 Page Views

• Message 4 of 8

2021-03-17, 0:40 AM

@ DeadlyAdvocate wrote:

I updated my profile thank you for your help I actually factory reset my phone today and the issue still persists unfortunately

It happens a couple times an hour randomly

I have to reload pages and searches on google all the time

Get kicked out of online games because you need a solid connection

trying to stream anything is low quality 

and as fast as my phone would be I' always seeing things loading I love the phone but this is very frustrating 

Thanks for confirming. I'm curious. Did you have a different phone with this carrier prior to having the edge? If so, what model and did you have these issues with that phone as well.  If you could also, please fill out the following form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScOtoAAAmlT-5j-gSbR_mP98mtb4tL-3rUVsAXFtYqsbSqK0A/viewform

Thanks,

Tom

Options

4 Posts

03-15-2021

United States of America

7 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 5 of 8

2021-03-17, 1:23 AM

I filled it out I've previously had the blu V9, moto stylus (the 1st one) moto g8 power

Options

4887 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3279 Signins

74091 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2021-03-17, 22:57 PM

@ DeadlyAdvocate wrote:

I filled it out I' previously had the blu V9, moto stylus (the 1st one) moto g8 power

Thanks, on the Stylus and G8 Power, were you using those on same carrier you currently are? Did you have similar issues with those phones in the same area?

-Tom

Options

4 Posts

03-15-2021

United States of America

7 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 7 of 8

2021-03-17, 22:58 PM

I was using them one metropcs and didn't have any issues out of the ordinary with these phone regarding connectivity 

Options

4887 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3279 Signins

74091 Page Views

• Message 8 of 8

2021-03-19, 3:06 AM

@ DeadlyAdvocate wrote:

I was using them one metropcs and didn' have any issues out of the ordinary with these phone regarding connectivity 

Let me do this. I know you were referred to repair before. However, please send @MotoBecky  a private message. I'll speak with her about the case and see what options we have available other than what was already offered to you.

-Tom

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms