Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge+
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

07-03-2020

United States of America

4 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 1 of 5

Did Motorola make Edge+ battery easy to replace.

2020-07-06, 14:24 PM
For many years now I suffer with a Droid Turbo plus XT1585 that only stays charged for an hour or so. When I try to change battery, the professional cell phone repair place says, the only phone they won't touch is MOTOROLA because the battery design is too difficult to replace. Edge+ with it's amazing new big 5000mah battery sounds great until it starts to fail. Was Motorola smart enough, thoughtful enough, to caring enough to make this something anyone can replace easily. I have decided this single design choice is my pivot decision to buy a new phone. With my Droid I have enjoyed the nearly indestructible screen, which they stopped making, and now I want a battery that can be managed. The industry has learned a bad habit. Make screens that break and batteries that fail, and consumers will just buy new phones. This is something I can not support or endorse by buying a phone which depends on these tricks for it's success. I pray to the phone GODS that the edge+ has indestructible screens and user replaceable battery, I will buy 2 of them today if this is true. So Motorola.. did you build this one right? Jeff PS: I have purchased 8 old refurbished XT1585 phones. I can keep going for at least 6 more years without buying new phones. Only when a manufacturer fixes these basic design flaws will I act and reward them with my money.
Options

71 Posts

08-15-2013

United States of America

206 Signins

3115 Page Views

• Views: 3115
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:Did Motorola make Edge+ battery easy to replace.

2020-07-06, 16:45 PM
I think someone did a teardown video and said it would not be easy to repair but I don't specifically remember about the battery.
Options

1 Posts

07-08-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 3 of 5

2020-07-08, 2:23 AM
I also had a Droid Turbo 2 and loved it because of the indestructible screen and relatively good performance. I upgraded to a Motorola Z2Force for the same indestructible screen and was satisfied for two years. I've recently upgraded to Motorola Edge+, although to my understanding it doesn't have the same shatter proof screen. The picture quality is excellent because of that however, as those shatterproof screens always diminished the picture quality, and they were just way too easy to scratch. Not sure about the battery either. I guess my post was useless lol. I just wanted to say I shared the OP's love for the Droid Turbo 2. Loved the Z2Force also.
Options

5 Posts

08-02-2012

India

2 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 4 of 5

2020-07-20, 13:08 PM

99% of smartphones today have both those flaws: easily destroyed screens and non-user-replaceable batteries, unless taken to authorised service centre. Edge+ is no exception.

Options

20125 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2600 Signins

65343 Page Views

• Views: 65343
  • Message 5 of 5

2020-07-20, 15:15 PM

@ KrayzieCD wrote:

I also had a Droid Turbo 2 and loved it because of the indestructible screen and relatively good performance. I upgraded to a Motorola Z2Force for the same indestructible screen and was satisfied for two years. I've recently upgraded to Motorola Edge+, although to my understanding it doesn't have the same shatter proof screen. The picture quality is excellent because of that however, as those shatterproof screens always diminished the picture quality, and they were just way too easy to scratch. Not sure about the battery either. I guess my post was useless lol. I just wanted to say I shared the OP's love for the Droid Turbo 2. Loved the Z2Force also.

Hi.

Taking off my "work hat" for a minute, and speaking as a mobile phone fan, I loved those phones too. I was grateful for how sturdy they were -- I have been known to drop a phone.

(Given how common it is to break a phone display, you would think those phones would have taken over the world, right? They did very well, don't get me wrong. But they solved a problem millions of people have, and still, most folks said "no thanks." If you owned one, you know how great they are. My kid, who acknowledges being a clutz, still carries one.)

I'm sure the unbreakable display's time will come.  Maybe at that point, it will also make sense to have easily-replaceable battery. Batteries are now so much more powerful, and phones so efficient, it's extremely rare for a phone to outlast its battery. 

-Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms