Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge+
All Forum Topics
Options

80 Posts

06-12-2020

Hungary

98 Signins

765 Page Views

• Views: 765
  • Message 1 of 17

Edge+ HDR

2020-06-17, 15:43 PM

I also have the exact issue, i think.

Netflix app says Max playback res: Full HD

HDR Capabilities: None.

I also have the Edge+, so it definetly should get HDR.

The shows do get the HD res, but on this phone only HD.

BUT it also should get some HDR, in supported content.

Supported codecs listed: VP9 and AVC-High secure.

Our issue seems to be, that we only get HD and no HDR at all. (or it doesnt show it, as on windows app and other phones and tv.)

Options

19826 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2500 Signins

62923 Page Views

• Views: 62923
  • Message 2 of 17

Re:Edge+ HDR

2020-06-18, 19:44 PM

@ UNTIG wrote:

I also have the exact issue, i think.

Netflix app says Max playback res: Full HD

HDR Capabilities: None.

I also have the Edge+, so it definetly should get HDR.

The shows do get the HD res, but on this phone only HD.

BUT it also should get some HDR, in supported content.

Supported codecs listed: VP9 and AVC-High secure.

Our issue seems to be, that we only get HD and no HDR at all. (or it doesnt show it, as on windows app and other phones and tv.)

Hi.

I don't see the phone listed on the Netflix site, but that could just be bookkeeping. A lot of things like this have slipped during the pandemic. 

Just to get the main question out of the way - do you have a Premium Netflix account?

Regards,

-Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

80 Posts

06-12-2020

Hungary

98 Signins

765 Page Views

• Message 3 of 17

2020-06-19, 7:32 AM
Yep. Premium Ultra HD.
Options

19826 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2500 Signins

62923 Page Views

• Message 4 of 17

2020-06-25, 13:28 PM

@ UNTIG wrote:

Yep. Premium Ultra HD.

Hi.

It looks like Edge+is certified for HDR services thru Amazon Prime, Disney+ and Google YouTube. Netflix is not certified and at this point I have no information if that will happen.

Regards,

-Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

80 Posts

06-12-2020

Hungary

98 Signins

765 Page Views

• Message 5 of 17

2020-09-21, 6:39 AM

Hey.

I noticed yesterday that my netflix is down to SD content.

What has happened here?

Options

80 Posts

06-12-2020

Hungary

98 Signins

765 Page Views

• Message 6 of 17

2020-10-02, 20:50 PM

As of latest and greatest Netflix app update, i am down to SD content Down from HD yet again.

@MattForumsMngr  Please be a bit more forceful and try to at least certify the premium phones, as Netflix does not support any Motorola phone, for HD and for HDR.

Even if the phones are HDR.

Subscription is still Ultra HD.

At least give the HD back!

AS it was working before. Now it is not, yet again for some, so it seems.

Options

19826 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2500 Signins

62923 Page Views

• Message 7 of 17

2020-10-05, 17:28 PM

@ UNTIG wrote:

As of latest and greatest Netflix app update, i am down to SD content Down from HD yet again.

@MattForumsMngr  Please be a bit more forceful and try to at least certify the premium phones, as Netflix does not support any Motorola phone, for HD and for HDR.

Even if the phones are HDR.

Subscription is still Ultra HD.

At least give the HD back!

AS it was working before. Now it is not, yet again for some, so it seems.

Hi.

We've had a few reports of HD issues in some regions, including Europe. We're looking into it. Really sorry for this.

(I should note that if you have unlocked your bootloader, you would lose HD. So that's one thing that can do this.)

Would you be willing to provide a bug report? It's not as complicated as it looks.

1. Go to Settings > System > scroll to the bottom > Tap on Build number 7 times to enable Developer mode.

2. Go to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer options.

3. In Developer options, enable USB debugging 

4. In Developer options > Enable Bug Report shortcut

5. Once the issue is reproduced, go to Developer options > Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.

6. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.

7. When it's ready, upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and share the link to the Bug Report via an email to supportforums@motorola.com, and include a note referring to this post so we know what it refers to.

8. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Thanks in advance if you can do this.

-Matt

Options

80 Posts

06-12-2020

Hungary

98 Signins

765 Page Views

• Message 8 of 17

2020-10-07, 16:03 PM
I have sent a detailed mail to that address that includes every issues that i have faced. Logfile with hungarian screenshots included. This includes VoLTE, Wi-Fi hotspot issue in 5Ghz mode, proximity sensor not turning off with screen on, Wireless display connection toggle to connect all devices button missing, and PS4 remote play. I did note that the call issues i faced, might be related to VoLTE or not. I do hope it helps, and some stuff will be resolved. BTW Amazon Prime Video also lost HD. And i use a banking app on my phone, so i do not root it, or unlock the bootloader. Though i did find an interesting anomaly. I went to IMEI.info site, and it did find that the phone is from Slovakia. (bought it from alza.hu, so that is normal, but it reported a different serial number than waht the phone reports, and what i registered) Would you mind looking into this for me?
Options

19826 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2500 Signins

62923 Page Views

• Message 9 of 17

2020-10-08, 17:32 PM

@ UNTIG wrote:

I have sent a detailed mail to that address that includes every issues that i have faced.Logfile with hungarian screenshots included.This includes VoLTE, Wi-Fi hotspot issue in 5Ghz mode, proximity sensor not turning off with screen on, Wireless display connection toggle to connect all devices button missing, and PS4 remote play.I did note that the call issues i faced, might be related to VoLTE or not. I do hope it helps, and some stuff will be resolved.BTW Amazon Prime Video also lost HD.And i use a banking app on my phone, so i do not root it, or unlock the bootloader.Though i did find an interesting anomaly.I went to IMEI.info site, and it did find that the phone is from Slovakia. (bought it from alza.hu, so that is normal, but it reported a different serial number than waht the phone reports, and what i registered)Would you mind looking into this for me?

Hi.

Got your email, thanks. We can look into these.

Let me address a few of these here.

• Proximity sensor. We've seen these reports, but have not confirmed those with the light on all the time, vs. flashing on occasion. If yours is on all the time, the display is damaged and needs to be repaired/replaced. (I would appreciate a video, if you have it, showing the lights on all the time.)
  • Hotspot. If you go into Settings > Network & internet > Advanced > Mobile Hotspot & Tethering > Mobile Hotspot > Advanced > AP Band, you should see an option to switch between 2.4 and 5.0 GHz bands.
  • Wireless display (screencasting). Motorola only supports screencasting via Google Chromecast.

Let me know about the prox sensor. If your phone is going in for service, we may want to wait to troubleshoot issues afterward.

Regards,

-Matt

Options

80 Posts

06-12-2020

Hungary

98 Signins

765 Page Views

• Message 10 of 17

2020-10-09, 2:29 AM

Proximity sensor. 

Sorry, after reading it seems, that part was a bit misleading.

The sensor turns off, when the display is off. And it can turn the display on. So it working.

But it sould not be on, when the display is on, as it's feature is to turn the display on.

And to my knowledge one cannot turn it off with gestures.

It turns the display on then it becomes visible on greyer backgrounds, and after the display turns off, it is not visible again, but when i log in to android, after that it wont turn off and is present and beeds through even movies.

To me, it seems that the timeoff feature of sensor is not working when user is logged in to the phone. 

So if the screen is on, the sensor stays on.

It seems to me, that the behavior of the sensor changed with the update, and got tied tot he screen.

I do not think it is a hardware fault, as it came right after an android software update. (and it works)

And as i said it in the report, this behavior only manifested after the August motorlora security patch.

Was not present in previous patches.

It is not all time on, it flashes rapidly for 3seconds then 1s off time, then 3s rapid blinking again. And so on.

As for hotspot:

switching between 2.4 and 5.0 GHz bands.

It does switch to 5Ghz, but when i turn the knob right it (on state) goes back to off instantly and gets greyed out.

Thus not working. 2.4Ghz mode works fine. Can change back to it without reboot.

I can connect to 5Ghz wifi, so it is not a hardware fault, and was present though android 8.1 of my asus phone aswell.

As for the wireless display, i am so glad i did not buy the Legion phone then. (Motorola is a Lenovo brand after all, so i have to assume Lenovo phones doesnt support them aswell)

If you add that one line, as you guys are the ROM developers, you can. So we do not have to root the device.

It should not be any risk for you.

That one line is for use to use all wireless diplays through all Wi-Fi direct connceted devices, instead of just Google chromecast enabled ones.

This is to get other devices to show up in the list.

The Wi-Fi direct feature is not disabled in the system btw, it is just inacessible due to that option missing, so it just does not let us see them in the list, as by default it is just chromecast only. 

It will still work after we use that extra button.

So if we get that, we can connect to TV's and firestick smarted TV's, or a microsoft wireless display.

Adding a comparing screenshot to make my point.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms