Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge+
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

03-04-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 1

Edge+ WiFi and Screen Issues

2021-03-04, 16:34 PM

I received my Edge+ direct from Motorola last Friday.  Looks like the build date was December 2020.  I'm experiencing a couple of issues:

1) The WiFi seems to disconnect frequently.  I've tested the device all over my house, and the issue seems to arise most often when the phone is even slightly out of range from the router.  The phone will drop the WiFi signal / have difficulty reconnecting.  Note that I've had plenty of other devices, including a Moto Z Force Droid and a Lenovo Yoga laptop, that do not experience this issue.  The Edge+ isn't able to consistently connect to my home network in the same spots where other devices are achieving speeds of 80-90 Mbps...so not exactly out of range.  I've reset my router, reset the network settings on my phone, and set my phone to forget the 2.4 Ghz network so that it defaults to the 5 Ghz network -- none of these fixes seems to work.  Is this an issue others are experiencing?  Is there a fix or patch for this issue? 

2) Out of the box, my screen had a handful of green dots (stuck pixels?) on the right edge.  After half-a-week of use, they haven't spread (yet).  I've applied all of the available updates.  Is there a known fix for these dots? 

Apologies if I'm retreading ground here.  Wondering if this is just par for the course with these phones, or if an exchange would likely address these issues.  Thanks.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)