Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge+
All Forum Topics
Options

62 Posts

08-13-2012

United States of America

49 Signins

294 Page Views

• Views: 294
  • Message 41 of 86

Re:Edge+ Wifi and 4G Connection Problema

2020-07-08, 23:43 PM
To make the phone more liveable, I purchased a $120 WiFi mesh system for my home. When the phone has WiFi issues, it's a proximity thing... The range drops out. I wasn't happy I had to spend extra to get a premium phone to work, but I will say the mesh network alleviates the problem.
Options

20 Posts

06-13-2020

United States of America

59 Signins

420 Page Views

• Views: 420
  • Message 42 of 86

2020-07-09, 16:22 PM
The Wi-Fi issues with the Edge+ are not quite as problematic for me as the mobile data issue is since I use Wi-Fi less. But for example, Matt, just loading a web page with an embedded video while using mobile data, the screen says 'your connection was interrupted, a network change was detected', with an error message. During this time the signal dropped to 1X, then to 3G then back to 4G in the span of a couple minutes without my manually changing any settings. Please let us know status for this fix which is occurring on my second replacement Edge+ just like it did on the first one. Thanks.
Options

4 Posts

07-11-2020

United States of America

4 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 43 of 86

2020-07-11, 23:08 PM
Any updates on when this patch will be sent? I really like this phone and would like to be able to trust the device to work properly. I am having the same issues and worry I am going to have to revert to my old device in the meantime. If there is no known plan to send the software patch I may need to explore returning the device.
Options

10 Posts

05-16-2020

United States of America

9 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 44 of 86

2020-07-15, 2:12 AM
This phone has been the absolute worst for calling. I can't tell you how many times it won't do a regular call and says I am roaming when every other Verizon phone has not had that issue. I am constantly told my calls are breaking up. Verizon tells me my phone is not active. It is ridiculous. Pay this kind of money and its basic function stinks.
Options

20 Posts

06-13-2020

United States of America

59 Signins

420 Page Views

• Message 45 of 86

2020-07-15, 23:17 PM
Hi Matt, we haven't received an update from you on this since June 23rd. My EDGE+ continues to both drop calls and lose 4G signal going to 1X on a daily basis. On top of screen issues on my second Verizon replacement (which was preloaded with screen software update which didn't solve the issue), it's concerning we are not hearing about the signal/call dropping issues. Please update us. Thanks!
Options

4 Posts

07-11-2020

United States of America

4 Signins

35 Page Views

• Message 46 of 86

2020-07-16, 20:20 PM
I have switched my Preferred Network Mode from "Global" to "LTE/CDMA" to see if that will help the 4G connectivity part. I also activated the new SIM card that came with the Edge+ (I had just put the old SIM card from my Note 8 into the Moto). Grasping at straws here without an update...
Options

62 Posts

08-13-2012

United States of America

49 Signins

294 Page Views

• Views: 294
  • Message 47 of 86

2020-07-17, 17:00 PM

For whatever reason, my 4G problems seemed to be triggered by WiFi problems. If I am ever out in public on 4G scrolling, I'm usually fine. If I was home on WiFi, and the WiFi wasn't working, then when I switched to 4G, 4G wasn't working, either. As I mentioned before, buying a home WiFi mesh system alleviated the WiFi issues. It shouldn't have been necessary since all of my other devices worked fine, but it did fix my WiFi problem, and as such, 4G hasn't been an issue for me personally.

Honestly, I'm more worried about the other major problem... the green screen. I finally got the connectivity issue under control (with an expensive mesh system that I shouldn't have needed), but now my screen is turning green. I called Motorola and was told that it's a software problem that will be fixed in an upcoming update. I assume the 4G/WiFi problem will be addressed in the same update as the green screen. I really hope that's the case and that it happens soon. I hope I don't cause permanent damage to the phone by using it when it starts turning green. I've read that sometimes it gets too far gone, whatever that means, so I try to not use it when it starts turning green. I have no idea what I am/am not supposed to do when that happens. Basically, the longer I'm on it, the more green it gets.

Options

4 Posts

07-11-2020

United States of America

4 Signins

35 Page Views

• Message 48 of 86

2020-07-21, 14:12 PM
Update: it made no difference. I still have a few days to make a decision if I am going to return this phone or not. I really hope we hear an update on this issue, and soon.
Options

20 Posts

06-13-2020

United States of America

59 Signins

420 Page Views

• Message 49 of 86

2020-07-28, 13:19 PM
Hi Matt, you've been so helpful in responding to all of us on our screen problems, and we thank you for that, but we haven't received an update from you on this connection issue since June 23rd. My third replacement EDGE+ continues to both drop calls, and also sometimes the person on the other line can't hear me (see the microphone issue mentioned by Dr Charlie in another post), and l also lose 4G signal going to 1X on a daily basis. What are your findings? Thanks in advance for your feedback today.
Options

14 Posts

06-29-2020

United States of America

24 Signins

255 Page Views

• Views: 255
  • Message 50 of 86

2020-07-28, 15:28 PM

On my 2nd replacement phone activated today for the screen issue.  Hoping it will have a correction to the 4G issue but it's doubtful since it's showing only 3 bars and I'm right in the middle of town where there is typically full 4G service.  I deal with the low bars here in town but my biggest issue is when I go home.  Sometimes it will show up to 2 bars at home and have zero signal.  I can't even send a text message.  It really sucks at home because it is my only lifeline out.  I have no phone service (didn't have a need for it prior to the Edge+), and there is no internet service available for me to use WIFI where I live. 

I've been patient and am trying to work with Motorola until they get these issues fixed but I'm running out of patience.  A brand new phone that cost this much should not have these issues right out of the box!  

Any update on the fix for this is GREATLY appreciated especially for those of us that have no other choice for phone/internet service at home!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms