07-11-2020

US

4 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 51 of 68

Re:Edge+ Wifi and 4G Connection Problema

2020-07-30, 12:26 PM
Due to lack of a response, I have processed the return of my Edge + for a refund. I couldn't take the chance that it never gets resolved and wind up like a lot of people on their 3rd and 4th devices. I hope for everyone else's sake it gets fixed.
Options

40 Posts

08-13-2012

US

25 Signins

144 Page Views

• Views: 144
  • Message 52 of 68

2020-07-30, 13:30 PM
I'm glad you were able to do a return and get a new phone. I was pressured to "hang in there" by Verizon and Motorola, so now there's really no way to return this phone... It's been too long. Also, and this is just my dumb luck, I'm too financially invested. I tripped on a run back in June and broke my launch Edge+. I had to pay $200 insurance + $50 for a new case + $50 for screen protection. This of course is on top of the $120 WiFi mesh network I purchased for this phone to work indoors and the original $50 case and original $50 screen protector that were both damaged in the fall. I've spent $520 in accessories and insurance on this phone on top of its $1,000 purchase price, which makes this a very bitter pill to swallow since half my screen is green tinted and voice calls cut out and drop 100% of the time. After all this silence, I'm starting to wonder if Motorola really cares about this phone or if they've shifted the focus to the 2nd gen Razr and left us stranded at sea. I'm sure it's quite complicated to fix the green screen issue and the connectivity issue via software update, but it feels like they don't know how to fix it. Meanwhile my darling Z3, which worked fine, is just sitting dead in a drawer for no reason. I do miss being able to make phone calls.
Options

19088 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2337 Signins

57462 Page Views

• Views: 57462
  • Message 53 of 68

2020-07-30, 14:05 PM

@ mediumbluemetal wrote:

I'm glad you were able to do a return and get a new phone. I was pressured to "hang in there" by Verizon and Motorola, so now there's really no way to return this phone... It's been too long. Also, and this is just my dumb luck, I'm too financially invested. I tripped on a run back in June and broke my launch Edge+. I had to pay $200 insurance + $50 for a new case + $50 for screen protection. This of course is on top of the $120 WiFi mesh network I purchased for this phone to work indoors and the original $50 case and original $50 screen protector that were both damaged in the fall. I've spent $520 in accessories and insurance on this phone on top of its $1,000 purchase price, which makes this a very bitter pill to swallow since half my screen is green tinted and voice calls cut out and drop 100% of the time. After all this silence, I'm starting to wonder if Motorola really cares about this phone or if they've shifted the focus to the 2nd gen Razr and left us stranded at sea. I'm sure it's quite complicated to fix the green screen issue and the connectivity issue via software update, but it feels like they don't know how to fix it. Meanwhile my darling Z3, which worked fine, is just sitting dead in a drawer for no reason. I do miss being able to make phone calls.

Hi.

I will have an agent reach out to replace the phone immediately, for the green tint issue. I apologize if you have felt pressured in any way; we remain committed to addressing this, as you can see here

I have asked the team for a status report on when we can expect an update to address the issues reported on this thread. I will report as soon as I have anything. In the meantime, I encourage all owners to sign up for the Motorola Feedback Network.

-Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

40 Posts

08-13-2012

US

25 Signins

144 Page Views

• Views: 144
  • Message 54 of 68

2020-07-30, 20:29 PM

I appreciate the swift response here. A very kind Motorola rep called me about replacing the phone. My previous understanding from Verizon and Motorola was that replacing the phone won't fix the problems because they are software based. It seems silly to send this phone back, pay another $50 for a 3rd screen protector, and then have the same issues all over again because there's no new software. But the offer was very generous and much appreciated. 

I can still see the screen for sure, it's just irritating that the bottom half is a different color than the top half if I've been using it a lot (And it's weird... grey is the color most affected by the green tint. Also weird, my launch phone didn't have the green screen tinting, but my insurance replacement does). The dropped calls are a problem that my launch Edge+ had and this insurance replacement Edge+ also has, so I'm sure that a 3rd Edge+ will still have the dropped call problem until the firmware is updated. My boss jokes me now when he calls and says, "You're not going to hang up on me again today, are you?" because that's how often this phone has hung up on him.

Again, thanks for the personal attention with the phone call and the offer of a replacement. I'll try to hold off a bit longer... it seems wasteful to replace this phone until I've at least tried the upcoming software fix, especially if the new phone will still need the same software fix. The representative is going to check back with me in a few days, but I think that's the most logical move right now. I apologize for the earlier rant. I can't imagine how impossible it must be to roll out a new flagship phone during a pandemic and then have to fix a software bug during that pandemic. I am understanding of that, I and I truly appreciate Motorola's willingness to ship a replacement phone. If the eventual update doesn't fix it, I would like a replacement at that time. But like I said, that move would make me feel wasteful at this point. This is my only bad experience with a Moto product since my first phone in 2002, so I need to be a little more understanding. Thanks again.

Options

4 Posts

07-12-2020

US

12 Signins

105 Page Views

• Views: 105
  • Message 55 of 68

2020-08-01, 20:37 PM
Following. My original device, and the replacement has had problems with WiFi at home. Due to covid I haven't had much time to test out side of home. I believe my router is out dated but it should be getting replaced soon. If that doesn't fix it I will return here.
Options

20 Posts

06-13-2020

US

58 Signins

415 Page Views

• Views: 415
  • Message 56 of 68

2020-08-03, 15:06 PM
Does Motorola have a fix for this issue coming soon? I was just on an important business call and the call dropped again, and simultaneously the 4G mobile data was lost and went down to one 1X. This is sometimes happening multiple times a day, even on the 4th edge plus I have received for the ongoing screen issues. Thanks.
Options

19088 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2337 Signins

57462 Page Views

• Views: 57462
  • Message 57 of 68

2020-08-04, 14:55 PM

@ BrianHphone wrote:

Does Motorola have a fix for this issue coming soon? I was just on an important business call and the call dropped again, and simultaneously the 4G mobile data was lost and went down to one 1X. This is sometimes happening multiple times a day, even on the 4th edge plus I have received for the ongoing screen issues. Thanks.

Hi.

I've been trying to get a status on this. I know they have a software patch, but getting the patch tested, approved and distributed is the challenge.

Can I ask you to send another bug report, if you can reproduce the above issue?

For a bug report, please take the steps below now, and then take the report immediately after this occurs again, before rebooting if possible. 

1. Go to Settings > System > scroll to the bottom > Tap on Build number 7 times to enable Developer mode.

2. Go to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer options.

3. In Developer options, enable USB debugging 

4. In Developer options > Enable Bug Report shortcut

5. Once the issue is reproduced, go to Developer options > Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.

6. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.

7. When it's ready, upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and share the link to the Bug Report via an email to supportforums@motorola.com, and include a note referring to this post so we know what it refers to.

8. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Thanks in advance if you can do this.

-Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

31 Posts

06-12-2020

HU

30 Signins

280 Page Views

• Views: 280
  • Message 58 of 68

2020-08-04, 20:26 PM
Hi, I also kinda have call drops, but not for the issues described here. Mine is due to lack of VoLTE (4GLTE icon you have), as it swithes between the 2 bar 4G+ and the H and then sometimes it goes all the way down to G and there it goes the line, my call drops. This phone seems to hate the 2 line or less bars. As i cannot go VoLTE enabled, since the phone needs to certified for Vodafone Hungary i cannot really test stuff. Can i get that with next update? But here is something you can try: As for this issue, since android 8.1 there is a setting under wi-fi preferences called: "Network rating provider", try to disable that. It helps, if google cannot decide what connection of your's is worse and swithes through them making both go timeout simetimes. It really hates ISP provided 5ghz wi-fi modems and 4G combination. Also if it is on wifi, it would try to do VoWiFi and some ISP and phones hate that.
Options

20 Posts

06-13-2020

US

58 Signins

415 Page Views

• Views: 415
  • Message 59 of 68

2020-08-04, 20:45 PM

I've set this developer option up on my new phone that arrived today, Matt, and I will follow the instructions the very next time this happens. Thanks. Please also see all the same concerns on the Verizon Wireless Edge plus reviews. Many are running into dropped calls and/or loss of internet data.

Options

5 Posts

07-11-2020

US

4 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 60 of 68

2020-08-05, 0:42 AM

I've owned numerous iPhones, a galaxy, an LG, among other phones.  I've never had a phone with this many issues.  Definitely overpriced by several hundred dollars at the least.  Have used my wife's LG V60 and it is vastly superior, will be paying this off early to get something different.  Motorola is definitely on the way out.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete