Options

18 Posts

08-12-2018

BR

28 Signins

295 Page Views

• Views: 295
  • Message 1 of 2

Feedback Motorola Edge Plus (Android 10)

2020-11-21, 16:37 PM

Hello, I'm a developer and marketing analyst. I recently acquired the motorola edge plus, the device is simply wonderful, but there are certain points that you are stepping on the ball and I am here to ponder those necessary for improvements.

Archiles' first heel: Cameras .... your competition (samsung) currently uses a camera that shoots in 8K, did you know that? And not only that, it also records on the front for 60FPS in FullHD and 4k 60 FPS. Besides that in the rear cameras it records in 4K and 6K both at 60FPS.The biggest advantage of the edge+ here in this competition is the snapdragon 865 processor where it is capable of producing the same and even better results, it also manages to have a more efficient 8x post-processing than exynos gives samsung, the biggest oversight is in the motorola development team, because after all if you want to compete with everything in the market for the best premium smartphones, you have to come sharp and not miss details. I urgently request the addition of features in any update that is available: Frotal Edge Plus records at 1080p and 4K at 60FPS and also the rear at 4K 60FPS and 6K 60FPS.

2nd feedback, you have the most powerful processor in the mobile mobile market, it has a big slide and is also forgotten, the drivers give GPU are very outdated. Currently the OpenGL ES of the motorola is in the V444 version released on 02/27/2020 and the present Vulkan is 1.1.124 (motorola edge plus), xiaomi leaves very well updated the drivers of the black shark 3 where it was launched in the version V444 launched on 06/05/2020 and Vulkan present is 1.1.128, for which it has a secondary driver (update of present drivers without the need to receive via OTA), which is version 474 and vulkan 1.1.128.

Next update, ask the developers to pay attention to this feature, because the more the drivers allow, the better it is to fix bugs of games and applications that use graphics rendering, another point is the support for updating the drivers by adreno 650, which qualcomm already makes available a tool for you to implement the feature, black shark 3 already has this tool, if you want to deliver a premium phone that will do everything with mastery, you have to pay attention to that detail too.

In short, update the support of recording cameras and graphics drivers by implementing support for updates directly gives qualcomm without the need to receive via OTA.

I noticed through the Crunchyroll app that I can't use my Bluetooth + WiFi headset at the same time, I still feel that both cause interference. I did tests on the black shark 3 xiaomi and managed to play the video in 1080P smoothly without interruptions. I believe that an update you can solve this, since it is a software problem.

Another point the wifi I think the signal range of it is very weak, I don't know if this is because of the construction of the device or if it is a problem in the software too.

A note that I noticed on the edge plus is his Oled screen, when I put a dark theme I feel that the pixels are not turned off as it should be in practice.

You have the cell phone that every American, Brazilian or anyone wants and can be much more in demand than a samsung, just correct these details that I mentioned, that the public's perception with the smartphone could be more positive. It has a lot of channels on youtube that pin mainly as cameras with no 60FPS both in the rear and in the front, in videos like 4K, 6K and in the front FullHD and 4K.

I hope my feedback is helpful and that you listen to me and these changes will be applied in the next update, Thank you.

Options

19354 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2388 Signins

59288 Page Views

• Views: 59288
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Feedback Motorola Edge Plus (Android 10)

2020-11-24, 14:59 PM

@ hehk1234 wrote:

Hello, I'm a developer and marketing analyst. I recently acquired the motorola edge plus, the device is simply wonderful, but there are certain points that you are stepping on the ball and I am here to ponder those necessary for improvements.

Archiles' first heel: Cameras .... your competition (samsung) currently uses a camera that shoots in 8K, did you know that? And not only that, it also records on the front for 60FPS in FullHD and 4k 60 FPS. Besides that in the rear cameras it records in 4K and 6K both at 60FPS.The biggest advantage of the edge+ here in this competition is the snapdragon 865 processor where it is capable of producing the same and even better results, it also manages to have a more efficient 8x post-processing than exynos gives samsung, the biggest oversight is in the motorola development team, because after all if you want to compete with everything in the market for the best premium smartphones, you have to come sharp and not miss details. I urgently request the addition of features in any update that is available: Frotal Edge Plus records at 1080p and 4K at 60FPS and also the rear at 4K 60FPS and 6K 60FPS.

2nd feedback, you have the most powerful processor in the mobile mobile market, it has a big slide and is also forgotten, the drivers give GPU are very outdated. Currently the OpenGL ES of the motorola is in the V444 version released on 02/27/2020 and the present Vulkan is 1.1.124 (motorola edge plus), xiaomi leaves very well updated the drivers of the black shark 3 where it was launched in the version V444 launched on 06/05/2020 and Vulkan present is 1.1.128, for which it has a secondary driver (update of present drivers without the need to receive via OTA), which is version 474 and vulkan 1.1.128.

Next update, ask the developers to pay attention to this feature, because the more the drivers allow, the better it is to fix bugs of games and applications that use graphics rendering, another point is the support for updating the drivers by adreno 650, which qualcomm already makes available a tool for you to implement the feature, black shark 3 already has this tool, if you want to deliver a premium phone that will do everything with mastery, you have to pay attention to that detail too.

In short, update the support of recording cameras and graphics drivers by implementing support for updates directly gives qualcomm without the need to receive via OTA.

I noticed through the Crunchyroll app that I can't use my Bluetooth + WiFi headset at the same time, I still feel that both cause interference. I did tests on the black shark 3 xiaomi and managed to play the video in 1080P smoothly without interruptions. I believe that an update you can solve this, since it is a software problem.

Another point the wifi I think the signal range of it is very weak, I don't know if this is because of the construction of the device or if it is a problem in the software too.

A note that I noticed on the edge plus is his Oled screen, when I put a dark theme I feel that the pixels are not turned off as it should be in practice.

You have the cell phone that every American, Brazilian or anyone wants and can be much more in demand than a samsung, just correct these details that I mentioned, that the public's perception with the smartphone could be more positive. It has a lot of channels on youtube that pin mainly as cameras with no 60FPS both in the rear and in the front, in videos like 4K, 6K and in the front FullHD and 4K.

I hope my feedback is helpful and that you listen to me and these changes will be applied in the next update, Thank you.

Hi.

Thanks for the very detailed feedback -- much of which is way over my head. :)

I will certainly pass this on to the product team. However, the changes requested sound quite extensive so I can't say if they can be prioritized.

Again, many thanks.

-Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete