12-12-2020

Australia

21 Signins

105 Page Views

• Views: 105
  • Message 1 of 5

I need help getting a problem-free Motorola Edge

2020-12-12, 3:30 AM

I got a brand new Motorola Edge at the tail end of November completely unaware of the screen issues. When the display started looking funny I googled it and came across a plethora of reports about the issues with the screen. I got a replacement unit but it seems this is very lightly going green too. The purple "bruises" haven't appeared yet but they likely will in the coming days. I noticed on the box both had the date labelled in July of 2020.

Was it confirmed to be an issue with a batch of phones produced within a specific time period, or are newer ones with newer dates also having the issue? For those that sent their defective units back to Motorola for repair, did the issue come back after they fixed it?

I want to keep on trying the replacement lottery until I get one that's not defective because, for the price I got it for (AUD$683), it beats every other phone on the market. However, if I send it in for repairs and the issue isn't permanently fixed, I won't be able to get a replacement or a refund from the store I bought it from because there is only a 2 week period for replacements/refunds, and I have a feeling Motorola won't refund me.

Options

4229 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3223 Signins

69391 Page Views

• Views: 69391
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:I need help getting a problem-free Motorola Edge

2020-12-14, 1:30 AM

@ AussieEric wrote:

I got a brand new Motorola Edge at the tail end of November completely unaware of the screen issues. When the display started looking funny I googled it and came across a plethora of reports about the issues with the screen. I got a replacement unit but it seems this is very lightly going green too. The purple "bruises" haven' appeared yet but they likely will in the coming days. I noticed on the box both had the date labelled in July of 2020.

Was it confirmed to be an issue with a batch of phones produced within a specific time period, or are newer ones with newer dates also having the issue? For those that sent their defective units back to Motorola for repair, did the issue come back after they fixed it?

I want to keep on trying the replacement lottery until I get one that' not defective because, for the price I got it for (AUD$683), it beats every other phone on the market. However, if I send it in for repairs and the issue isn' permanently fixed, I won' be able to get a replacement or a refund from the store I bought it from because there is only a 2 week period for replacements/refunds, and I have a feeling Motorola won' refund me.

Hello and sorry for the issues you're having with your phone. We will stand behind the product and will do whatever we can to help you. I will have @MotoMarta or @MotoBecky  reach out to you asap to assist.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

2 Posts

12-12-2020

Australia

21 Signins

105 Page Views

• Views: 105
  • Message 3 of 5

2020-12-23, 2:12 AM

@MotorolaTom I took my Motorola Edge back to the store. The purple marks came and the screen started flashing green and becoming unusable. I am getting a replacement. This will be my third Edge device. Is it impossible to get one that will last years rather than just weeks? Neither @MotoBecky nor @MotoMarta messaged me

Options

4229 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3223 Signins

69391 Page Views

• Message 4 of 5

2020-12-24, 0:55 AM

@ AussieEric wrote:

@MotorolaTom I took my Motorola Edge back to the store. The purple marks came and the screen started flashing green and becoming unusable. I am getting a replacement. This will be my third Edge device. Is it impossible to get one that will last years rather than just weeks? Neither @MotoBecky nor @MotoMarta messaged me

Let me see if I can find someone to help look into this for you. I will get back to you ASAP. Keep in mind holidays are coming up so there might be some delays in getting back to you.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4229 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3223 Signins

69391 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2020-12-28, 22:10 PM

@ AussieEric wrote:

Hello, I apologize for the delay. Can you please send me a PM with your contact details. I have someone on my end that can reach out to you to assist.

-Tom

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms