Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge+
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

07-25-2020

United States of America

8 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 1 of 50

Microphone problems when using phone speaker on Skype, Teams, Zoom and Whatsapp.

2020-07-25, 18:49 PM

Hi

When i use the speaker on the phone, when using Skype, Teams, Zoom and Whatsapp the other person is not able to hear me, video is very clear and when using headphones or not using the phone speaker I do not have that problem. It is like the phone is trying to reduce automatically the noise and is muting the microphone on purpose. I tried to see different setups of microphone or speakers in my phone but there is not any place in configuration to do this other than the moto audio that is only an equalizer.  If i record a video or an audio I do not have that problem. phone calls does not have that problem this is only happening when i use the speaker. Please help.

Options

20 Posts

06-13-2020

United States of America

59 Signins

420 Page Views

• Views: 420
  • Message 2 of 50

Re:Microphone problems when using phone speaker on Skype, Teams, Zoom and Whatsapp.

2020-07-28, 13:22 PM
Having the same microphone issue on my third edge plus as I did on the previous phones. For me however it's happening on just standard phone calls where the person on the other line cannot all of a sudden hear me. Perhaps Matt has an update.
Options

19960 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2533 Signins

63868 Page Views

• Views: 63868
  • Message 3 of 50

Re:Microphone problems when using phone speaker on Skype, Teams, Zoom and Whatsapp.

2020-07-29, 17:20 PM

@ Dr. Charlie wrote:

Hi

When i use the speaker on the phone, when using Skype, Teams, Zoom and Whatsapp the other person is not able to hear me, video is very clear and when using headphones or not using the phone speaker I do not have that problem. It is like the phone is trying to reduce automatically the noise and is muting the microphone on purpose. I tried to see different setups of microphone or speakers in my phone but there is not any place in configuration to do this other than the moto audio that is only an equalizer.  If i record a video or an audio I do not have that problem. phone calls does not have that problem this is only happening when i use the speaker. Please help.

Hi.

Apologies for this. We have seen at least one other report of this, and we are investigating. We could use some help, so thanks for reporting. I'd like to ask if you can reproduce this and then generate and share a bug report. (It's not as complex as it looks!)

1. Go to Settings > System > scroll to the bottom > Tap on Build number 7 times to enable Developer mode.

2. Go to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer options.

3. In Developer options, enable USB debugging 

4. In Developer options > Enable Bug Report shortcut

5. Once the issue is reproduced, go to Developer options > Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power-down menu.

6. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.

7. When it's ready, upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and share the link to the Bug Report via an email to supportforums@motorola.com, and include a note referring to this post so we know what it refers to.

8. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Thanks in advance if you can do this.

-Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

4 Posts

07-25-2020

United States of America

8 Signins

50 Page Views

• Message 4 of 50

2020-08-21, 0:29 AM

Hi Matt

I have send you the bug report that you asked me for. Please confirm that you have received it and i will appreciate an update on this subject as soon as posible.

Best regards,

Options

4 Posts

07-25-2020

United States of America

8 Signins

50 Page Views

• Message 5 of 50

2020-09-15, 1:11 AM

It's been almost a month since my response and a have no had any answer from motorola. I still have the issue but I can not work with that. After being tired of not getting any response and poor support I just went out and bought a galaxy s20 ultra. Well done motorola, you just lost a client.

IMG_20200914_201049050.jpg
Options

1 Posts

09-16-2020

Afghanistan

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 6 of 50

2020-09-16, 3:48 AM

I was having the same trouble and i was waiting to see the reponse from matt. Very sad to hear you have to change your phone. Sadly i already spent a lot of money in the edge +, and i can not afford a s20ultra. But this problem is creating me problems when i do home office because of this microphone issue. 

Wich phone would you recomend me to change Dr. Charlie? I need a low budget phone, sadly i can not wait another month for Matt response.

Options

13 Posts

11-07-2020

Canada

14 Signins

60 Page Views

• Views: 60
  • Message 7 of 50

Re:Microphone problems when using phone speaker on Whatsapp and google duo

2020-11-07, 6:19 AM

I'm having the same issue with my motorola Edge+. Microphone issues, but only, in videochat apps. and I did a test during a video WhatsApp / Duo chat, I plugged wired headphones/mic and the person on the other end was able to hear me no problem. So it's definitely the phone's microphone, during a videochat that's the issue. 

Also, When I do voice calls or test the selfie camera everything works fine. 

Any resolution to this issue? 

I've been a Motorola customer since the MotoX and want to stick with Motorola because I like their implementation of android. But this bug is unacceptable.  

Options

13 Posts

11-07-2020

Canada

14 Signins

60 Page Views

• Views: 60
  • Message 8 of 50

Microphone issue (doing video chats and using speaker phone)

2020-11-09, 2:56 AM

Just purchased a used Motorola Edge Plus, there's an issue when using the speaker phone when I'm doing voice calls and when I'm doing video chat (on app like google duo, whatsapp, zoom). The person on the other end tells me that my voice is cutting out.

Troubleshooting steps that I tried:

•  
  • making a voice call without speaker phone (like putting the phone up to my ear), there is no issue the person can hear me with no problem.
  •  
  • when doing a video chat I used wired microphone and the person can hear me with no problems

Could this be a microphone issue or I'm thinking related to the noise cancelling?

Anybody else have this problem?

Options

19960 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2533 Signins

63868 Page Views

• Views: 63868
  • Message 9 of 50

2020-11-09, 19:53 PM

@ Jamjambam wrote:

I'm having the same issue with my motorola Edge+. Microphone issues, but only, in videochat apps. and I did a test during a video WhatsApp / Duo chat, I plugged wired headphones/mic and the person on the other end was able to hear me no problem. So it's definitely the phone's microphone, during a videochat that's the issue. 

Also, When I do voice calls or test the selfie camera everything works fine. 

Any resolution to this issue? 

I've been a Motorola customer since the MotoX and want to stick with Motorola because I like their implementation of android. But this bug is unacceptable.  

Hi.

Sorry for the delayed response -- been trying to get an update on this and waiting on some testing.

The news is positive. It looks like there is now a software patch that addresses this. However, I don't have any information at this time about when that patch could be delivered to phones. As you probably know, we almost never give update timing. I think the best I can do is find out if it is scheduled for the next non-security-only update. Let me check that.

The bug reports and feedback provided from this community were essential in getting this far. Many thanks.

-Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

8 Posts

11-10-2020

United States of America

7 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 10 of 50

Re:Microphone problems when using phone speaker on Skype, Teams, Zoom, Whatsapp, Messenger and Viber.

2020-11-10, 21:28 PM

Hello I'm having the same problem as you have. If you found a solution for this please share it with us.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms