Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge+
All Forum Topics
Options

13 Posts

11-07-2020

Canada

14 Signins

60 Page Views

• Views: 60
  • Message 31 of 50

Re:Microphone problems when using phone speaker on Skype, Teams, Zoom and Whatsapp.

2021-01-02, 23:45 PM

@Staktech.ca I setup it up from an existing device. 

So if I do a factory reset, I'll have to do as you say, and set it up as a new device. 

How do I restore my SMS messages and call logs? Or is that not possible if I setup as a new device?

Options

4 Posts

12-24-2020

Canada

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 32 of 50

Re:Microphone problems when using phone speaker on Skype, Teams, Zoom and Whatsapp.

2021-01-03, 0:00 AM

I think you can restore sms from the backup, just don't restore any software. 

When I setup my edge plus, the restore function even installed some huawei exclusive software on my edge which I think thats how it screwed up something behind the scenes 

Options

34 Posts

01-01-2021

Canada

39 Signins

340 Page Views

• Views: 340
  • Message 33 of 50

2021-01-03, 0:00 AM

I would like to share some experience which the OP and others might find helpful.

Step 1 is to check whether microphone is defective or not. Best way to do is get on a handsfree call and then speak loudly close to microphone. If the other party is able to hear properly then the problem is not with microphone.

Step 2 is to check noise cancellation microphones. Best way to do this is to call any echo service and block noise free microphones with fingertips. A difference in voice will confirm whether noise cancellation microphones are working or not.

Step 3 is to clean these microphones. Using bustle tips of a toothbrush, clean the microphones meticulous.

Repeat step 1 and step 2 to see the difference.

In my opinion, the problem seems to be with dirty noise cancellation microphones and not software per say. I had similar issue in Nexus 6P which had faulty noise cancellation microphone and was one of the most garbage devices I ever owned.

Options

3 Posts

11-15-2020

United States of America

4 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 34 of 50

2021-01-18, 0:51 AM

The factory reset/set up as new didn't solve it for me (I actually had set this up as a new phone without restoring from a backup the first time anyway).

Just traded this turd in for a Samsung. Had the software update come in 4, 3, 2, even a month earlier, I might have kept it. Bye Motorola.

Options

13 Posts

11-07-2020

Canada

14 Signins

60 Page Views

• Views: 60
  • Message 35 of 50

2021-01-18, 21:25 PM

@I.T.Angel good choice, man. I'm about to do the same, sell this crappy phone for a samsung. I don't want to do it, since I've had motorola phones for 9 years. But, it's ridiculous that Motorola is making us wait this long to fix critical functionality of the this "flagship" phone. 

Options

8 Posts

11-10-2020

United States of America

7 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 36 of 50

2021-01-22, 22:02 PM

@MattForumsMngr Hello Matt any updates on this issue?

Options

18 Posts

09-18-2020

Brazil

19 Signins

176 Page Views

• Views: 176
  • Message 37 of 50

2021-01-23, 0:54 AM

I'm having the same issue, when in a Whatsapp call, the other person keep saying they can't hear me. The audio record in whatsapp seems fine.

Senior Android Developer
Options

1 Posts

01-25-2021

Canada

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 38 of 50

2021-01-25, 1:27 AM

My wife and I both got this phone, as I used to always get motorola phones. Both of us also have horrible audio using video calling, using the speaker, either the audio can't be heard by the other person or massive audio lag. On top of that, the cellular reception is rather lackluster, as it has the poorest service of my last at least 3 phones. And also the wifi calling is requiring me to reverify everytime I want to use it and it requires me to have cell service to set it up, which is useless when I need it...

Options

2 Posts

01-10-2021

Ukraine

4 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 39 of 50

2021-01-27, 21:11 PM

@MattForumsMngr Hello Matt,

I have same issue, and it is very disappointing for flagship phone has such basic issues.

I am with Moto phones for the last 10 years, and even involved in the development of several of them. I remember how many tests Moto performed back then before releasing a new phone to the market.

It is a shame that now with all issues revealed after release of Edge+, it is more looks like 'powering on' - passed, go to shop.

Flagship phones mostly used for business and speakerphone mode for online voice/video chat is a basic feature for it!

Please start changing the support behavior, so Moto be actually more supportive to their customers. This should include estimations for the fixes, as well as some explanation what caused it. Moto owes this to their customers, who still believe in the brand and by Moto phones, despite it's increasing amount on issues.

Best regards,

Kostiantyn Luzan

Options

1 Posts

02-09-2021

United States of America

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 40 of 50

2021-02-09, 23:17 PM

I have problems whenever I try to use the speakerphone's microphone. It doesn't matter if it is a phone call or whatever app. It works when I change back to a regular call and cuts in and out when on speakerphone. It is a very bad thing on a cell phone as they can't be held up to your ear without using your other hand, and you can't operate the screen when it is at your ear. the mic works fine when it is a regular call, but not a speaker call. this is a $1000 phone and should not be happening. It could be a make or break issue for the EDGE+

Is there a fix? I set this phone up manually so it wasn't something from my previous phone. It happens with the Verizon phone app as well as any other app that uses the microphone on a speaker call. The microphone is fine until switched to the speaker. If it is an issue with an improperly set noise gate, it should be an easy up date, if I put the end of the phone up to my mouth and talk quite loudly the microphone works, it really sounds to me like an improperly set noise gate circuit.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms