4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 3

Microsoft Launcher with Motorola Edge

2020-08-04, 16:16 PM

Hi Everyone!

First time poster on the forum.

I'm using the MSFT launcher on my new Moto Edge (mainly b/c I want double-tap to turn off the screen and a larger grid for app icons on the home screen). 

The one thing I'm noticing though is that the gesture based navigation does not allow you to bring up the open apps screen (swiping up and holding).  I tried it with other 3rd party launchers and it's the same thing.   So I'm thinking this is something on the Lenovo/Motorola end.

Is anyone else experiencing this?  Would love to see this fixed, just a litle disruption in my usage, so not the end of the world or anything.

Thanks everyone!

Options

2713 Posts

02-11-2016

US

2993 Signins

56361 Page Views

• Views: 56361
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Microsoft Launcher with Motorola Edge

2020-08-04, 20:54 PM

@ Orangejuicizzle wrote:

Hi Everyone!

First time poster on the forum.

I'm using the MSFT launcher on my new Moto Edge (mainly b/c I want double-tap to turn off the screen and a larger grid for app icons on the home screen). 

The one thing I'm noticing though is that the gesture based navigation does not allow you to bring up the open apps screen (swiping up and holding).  I tried it with other 3rd party launchers and it's the same thing.   So I'm thinking this is something on the Lenovo/Motorola end.

Is anyone else experiencing this?  Would love to see this fixed, just a litle disruption in my usage, so not the end of the world or anything.

Thanks everyone!

Hello. What you're seeing isn't a Motorola issue per se, but a compatibility issue with 3rd party launchers and Android Q/10. A lot of 3rd party launchers have issues with Android Q and gesture navigation.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

2 Posts

07-23-2020

US

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Microsoft Launcher with Motorola Edge

2020-08-05, 17:20 PM
Ahhh, got it. Appreciate the reply Tom. I'm kind of thinking this will have to be done in Android 11, since we are so far into the lifecycle of 10. Anyway, thanks again.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete