Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge
All Forum Topics
Options

38 Posts

08-10-2020

United States of America

37 Signins

420 Page Views

  • Posts: 38
  • Registered: ‎08-10-2020
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 420
  • Message 1 of 6

Might be switching out to Fold or Flip 3 in a few weeks

2021-07-28, 21:40 PM

Well Motorola, it's been a fun year. 3 Edge's to fix the green screen, and still a year on the warranty, but I think it's time to move on. I love the Edge now, only wishing Qi charging was included and I'd probably skip upgrading it. I'd look at a Razr 5g, but it's aging and there's no replacement in sight. There's some new Edge models on the horizon with all the leaks out there, but the curved screen looks to be removed. No word on Qi charger for those either. I'll see what your competitor drops in a few weeks, and the Moto event in China on Aug 5, but I'm not sure where I want to go yet.

Reply
Options

6880 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3414 Signins

86226 Page Views

  • Posts: 6880
  • Registered: ‎02-11-2016
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 86226
  • Message 2 of 6

Re:Might be switching out to Fold or Flip 3 in a few weeks

2021-07-29, 21:24 PM

@ Android4Eva wrote:

Well Motorola, it's been a fun year. 3 Edge's to fix the green screen, and still a year on the warranty, but I think it's time to move on. I love the Edge now, only wishing Qi charging was included and I'd probably skip upgrading it. I'd look at a Razr 5g, but it's aging and there's no replacement in sight. There's some new Edge models on the horizon with all the leaks out there, but the curved screen looks to be removed. No word on Qi charger for those either. I'll see what your competitor drops in a few weeks, and the Moto event in China on Aug 5, but I'm not sure where I want to go yet.

 

Hello, first, I'm sorry you had to go through so many units for the green screen issues. I'm sorry that it looks like none of our current or possible future models are meeting your needs. Please do keep an eye out on our site to as we make new announcements, you may see something you like.

 

Thanks,

Tom



Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Reply
Options

38 Posts

08-10-2020

United States of America

37 Signins

420 Page Views

  • Posts: 38
  • Registered: ‎08-10-2020
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 420
  • Message 3 of 6

Re:Might be switching out to Fold or Flip 3 in a few weeks

2021-07-30, 22:03 PM

Well Motorola dropped the new Edge series devices. No US distribution planned..and still missing Qi. Less long term software support, welp. That ends the Motorola experiment for me.

 

https://www.droid-life.com/2021/07/29/motorola-edge-20-pro-is-official-without-us-availability/

Reply
Options

6880 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3414 Signins

86226 Page Views

  • Posts: 6880
  • Registered: ‎02-11-2016
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 86226
  • Message 4 of 6

Re:Might be switching out to Fold or Flip 3 in a few weeks

2021-08-02, 19:56 PM

@ Android4Eva wrote:

Well Motorola dropped the new Edge series devices. No US distribution planned..and still missing Qi. Less long term software support, welp. That ends the Motorola experiment for me.

 

https://www.droid-life.com/2021/07/29/motorola-edge-20-pro-is-official-without-us-availability/

 

We've not made any announcements regarding the US. As of now, you're correct that the new models will only be available outside of the US. That might change or we might announce new products for the US. I can only recommend watching our blog for announcements. 

 

Thanks,

Tom



Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Reply
Options

9 Posts

08-19-2020

United States of America

79 Signins

670 Page Views

  • Posts: 9
  • Registered: ‎08-19-2020
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 670
  • Message 5 of 6

Re:Might be switching out to Fold or Flip 3 in a few weeks

2021-08-02, 21:06 PM

I hear that! I've been using a g power 2020 and a moto edge with my two lines for the past year. I'm really about done with the crappy android 11 update. I will also probably be moving on. I might try a couple of pixel phones, not sure yet.

Reply
Options

6880 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3414 Signins

86226 Page Views

  • Posts: 6880
  • Registered: ‎02-11-2016
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 86226
  • Message 6 of 6

Re:Might be switching out to Fold or Flip 3 in a few weeks

2021-08-03, 19:13 PM

@ Rohn59 wrote:

I hear that! I've been using a g power 2020 and a moto edge with my two lines for the past year. I'm really about done with the crappy android 11 update. I will also probably be moving on. I might try a couple of pixel phones, not sure yet.

 

We're working on getting improvements out for the edge as quickly as possible. I apologize for the issues you've had with it after the Android 11 update. As for, moving to a different brand, I'd be sad to see you leave, but you have to do what you feel is best for you. That being said, I've tried other phones including Pixel, and I always miss the features that are only available on Motorola. I can't tell you how often I use chop for the flashlight and twist to launch the camera. I always come back to my Moto phones. I'm just giving my personal opinion. 

 

I hope you understand.

 

Thanks,

Tom



Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Reply
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms