Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

03-15-2021

United States of America

8 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 2

Moto edge 5g sucks

2021-06-10, 22:36 PM

I'm entirely over the moto edge 5g I had to get my first one replaced do to poor Mobil data connection and 6 months later here I am dealing with it again. No it's not my phone provider. Everytime I open a suspended window like YouTube or Google maps my screen blacks out with a little of the screen showing where the window is. Apps crashing. Screen brightness always turning itself up even though auto brightness is off. Can not multi task effectively. "Okay google, or hey Google" doesn't work but sure opens my Google all the time. Twist to open camera almost never works and chop for flashlight works half the time. Android 11 update finally a year later but made most of these worse only good thing about the update the made the accessory bar a double tap instead of swipe to open. 

Honestly wish I bought a different phone or did more research before purchasing honestly the 2nd worst phone I've ever owned and worst moto phone I've ever owned. I've seen these complaints all over google too they really should disco this phone and move on so people like me don't blow $500 on a phone that doesn't do what it's supposed to do. Could of bought a more consistent phone. 5g never ever switches to LTE even when pages don't load or service is spotty. 

Options

5564 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3324 Signins

78201 Page Views

• Views: 78201
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Moto edge 5g sucks

2021-06-11, 20:38 PM

@ DeadlyAdvocate wrote:

I' entirely over the moto edge 5g I had to get my first one replaced do to poor Mobil data connection and 6 months later here I am dealing with it again. No it' not my phone provider. Everytime I open a suspended window like YouTube or Google maps my screen blacks out with a little of the screen showing where the window is. Apps crashing. Screen brightness always turning itself up even though auto brightness is off. Can not multi task effectively. "Okay google, or hey Google" doesn' work but sure opens my Google all the time. Twist to open camera almost never works and chop for flashlight works half the time. Android 11 update finally a year later but made most of these worse only good thing about the update the made the accessory bar a double tap instead of swipe to open. 

Honestly wish I bought a different phone or did more research before purchasing honestly the 2nd worst phone I' ever owned and worst moto phone I' ever owned. I' seen these complaints all over google too they really should disco this phone and move on so people like me don' blow $500 on a phone that doesn' do what it' supposed to do. Could of bought a more consistent phone. 5g never ever switches to LTE even when pages don' load or service is spotty. 

Hello and thanks for posting. I"m sorry to see you've had so many issues. You said you had the phone replaced for data connection issues? What carrier are you using? Is the issue with it not switching from 5G to 4G?  I've only seen reports of the screen going black on Android 11 with YouTube/Google Maps Picture-in-Picture. This was a bug that was seen when animations are disabled. Do you have animations disabled from either the Accessibility settings or the developer options? If so please turn animations back on for now as it should make things run a bit better. I know the Google Assistant had some issues a few months ago, but those were mostly fixed by PlayStore updates from Google. Do you have the latest updates from the PlayStore?  How often is the brightness turning itself up and does it stay like that requiring you to manually turn it back down? How often do you have issues with the Moto Gestures? Do you have a case or screen protector?

I know I asked a lot of questions, but I'm genuinely curious and want to help.

Please let me know

Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms