Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge+
All Forum Topics
Options

9 Posts

10-06-2020

Canada

14 Signins

75 Page Views

• Views: 75
  • Message 1 of 4

Motorola Edge Plus Processor Max Frequency

2020-10-06, 18:17 PM

I was just wondering, Qualcomm's Snapdragon 865 is rated to run at 2.85Ghz but then why does it run at 2.71Ghz as reported by the Motorola help app? It leaves some performance on the table and when I spend $1500CAD on a smartphone I'd like to use all the performance the phone and to offer. And also, does Motorola plan on implementing a battery care mode that slows charging after 80% to slow down to improve the health of the battery? If not I would really like this feature implemented into such an expensive phone. Thanks.

These numbers were recorded at 93% battery

Screenshot_20201006-121534.png
Options

19826 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2500 Signins

62923 Page Views

• Views: 62923
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Motorola Edge Plus Processor Max Frequency

2020-10-07, 19:12 PM

@ ToxicWaste wrote:

I was just wondering, Qualcomm's Snapdragon 865 is rated to run at 2.85Ghz but then why does it run at 2.71Ghz as reported by the Motorola help app? It leaves some performance on the table and when I spend $1500CAD on a smartphone I'd like to use all the performance the phone and to offer. And also, does Motorola plan on implementing a battery care mode that slows charging after 80% to slow down to improve the health of the battery? If not I would really like this feature implemented into such an expensive phone. Thanks.

These numbers were recorded at 93% battery

Hi.

I will look into the chip report. 

But as for the charging, that is exactly how Motorola TurboCharging works. It fast charges up to 80 percent and then trickle-charges from there.

Regards,

-Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

9 Posts

10-06-2020

Canada

14 Signins

75 Page Views

• Views: 75
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-03-26, 21:15 PM

Yeah, so I saw that both the requested feature and overcharge protection were implemented into the new Android 11 update. Thank you so much for taking my suggestion into consideration! I really appreciate it very much! However, Motorola seems to have removed the ability to change our refresh rate down to 60hz which was extremely disappointing. Could Motorola please bring this feature back along with maybe an automatic refresh rate option and maybe the ability to change the resolution of the phone to 720p? Thank you so much for your time and I once again really appreciate you guys taking our feedback into consideration. 

Options

19826 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2500 Signins

62923 Page Views

• Views: 62923
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-03-29, 15:09 PM

@ ToxicWaste wrote:

Yeah, so I saw that both the requested feature and overcharge protection were implemented into the new Android 11 update. Thank you so much for taking my suggestion into consideration! I really appreciate it very much! However, Motorola seems to have removed the ability to change our refresh rate down to 60hz which was extremely disappointing. Could Motorola please bring this feature back along with maybe an automatic refresh rate option and maybe the ability to change the resolution of the phone to 720p? Thank you so much for your time and I once again really appreciate you guys taking our feedback into consideration. 

Hi.

Glad you saw this change. I will be interested in seeing how this shakes out. I had not heard of this theory of charging before, and I'm not sure it's been fully proven, so I'm pleased to know we will have data on this after it's been in place awhile.

We have had several requests to restore the 60/90Hz control. All we can do is pass along the feedback to the team. But I am not optimistic it will be added back. The team generally has good reasons for these kinds of changes. But we'll see.

Regards,

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms