Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge+
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

03-18-2021

United States of America

5 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 16

Motorola Edge + Update

2021-03-18, 19:18 PM

How do i roll back the update installed March 17th and 18th.  The new functions are garbage.  the screen shot doesn't work right.  And now my battery drains twice as fast as it did before the update.  [removed]  If you can't resolve this soon, I will change my phone and never buy a motorola again

• Edited for site rule violations - language and personal attacks. (https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Moto-Owners-Forum-Site-Rules/td-p/3269704) Please follow all rules if you want to participate. Thanks. - Matt (Forums Manager)
Options

20064 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2562 Signins

64668 Page Views

• Views: 64668
  • Message 2 of 16

Re:Motorola Edge + Update

2021-03-19, 13:54 PM

@ mike99999 wrote:

How do i roll back the update installed March 17th and 18th.  The new functions are garbage.  the screen shot doesn' work right.  And now my battery drains twice as fast as it did before the update.  [removed]  If you can' resolve this soon, I will change my phone and never buy a motorola again

Hi.

Rollbacks are not supported. Let's talk about the issues you're experiencing and see if we can help.

• Which new functions are you having issues with?
  • What is the issue with screenshots? I have tested mine with both the power key+down volume and three-finger methods, and both seem fine.
  • Battery drain immediately after an update is not unusual. The phone needs additional power to install the update itself. It should return to normal quickly. (I will see if I can find out if Android R is expected to draw any more power than Q -- sometimes that's the case.) I updated yesterday and had a similar experience, but battery life seems fine today. I actually expected it to take a few more days to come back.

We can check from our end too: Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate your battery drain issue.

• Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well.
  • Let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.
  • Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

I'm hopeful we can resolve these issues for you.

Regards,

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

8 Posts

11-10-2020

United States of America

7 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 3 of 16

2021-03-21, 5:03 AM

Hello since I updated the software I'm having issues with the screen edges they are to sensitive and often I face difficulties when accessing something or scrolling/sweeping the action don't happen because of the edges being too sesytive and my hand can touch them... I chose from the settings to have sensitive edges otherwise I can't use the edge buttons while playing my games it was fine on the last vesersion... I really miss that the motorola game is garbage after this update can't get it to work properly.

Options

20064 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2562 Signins

64668 Page Views

• Message 4 of 16

2021-03-22, 12:55 PM

@ Rihlea wrote:

Hello since I updated the software I' having issues with the screen edges they are to sensitive and often I face difficulties when accessing something or scrolling/sweeping the action don' happen because of the edges being too sesytive and my hand can touch them... I chose from the settings to have sensitive edges otherwise I can' use the edge buttons while playing my games it was fine on the last vesersion... I really miss that the motorola game is garbage after this update can' get it to work properly.

Hi.

This is very odd -- nothing in the update should have impacted display sensitivity. Is this during game play? If so, can you post the game and outline any specific actions that have changed? Or provide any example that reproduces this issue reliably?

Regards,

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

18 Posts

03-07-2018

United States of America

18 Signins

177 Page Views

• Views: 177
  • Message 5 of 16

2021-03-23, 12:26 PM

Yes, I've had nothing but issues since the update(s). There are multiple apps that just instantly crash while trying to load now. Even in poorer service areas these apps would load, now they just crash instantly rather than even try to load all the way through. Ultimately I'm MORE than dissatisfied with this phone. It is garbage... I really want to like it, because I love some of the features and have been a LOYAL motorola customer ever since my FIRST android. But this is the last straw. The fact that my new phone, which is supposed to be a flagship phone (moto edge+), gets NOTICABLY WORSE SERVICE than my old moto z2 force is COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE. For example (because there are too many instances to list) drive routes where I used only have say a couple dead spots, I now have over a dozen. More dropped calls, and even terrible connection to MY OWN WiFi IN MY OWN HOME. Areas in my house where I used to be connected to my WiFi (which the hardware and service has not changed) just fine, I now can't even get pages or content to load. I should have listened to the reviews and never got this phone. This phone is Sooo problematic that I can't even stand it, and this will most likely be my last motorola phone, I'm sad to say...

Options

20064 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2562 Signins

64668 Page Views

• Message 6 of 16

2021-03-23, 14:04 PM

@ Lyinindasun wrote:

Yes, I' had nothing but issues since the update(s). There are multiple apps that just instantly crash while trying to load now. Even in poorer service areas these apps would load, now they just crash instantly rather than even try to load all the way through. Ultimately I' MORE than dissatisfied with this phone. It is garbage... I really want to like it, because I love some of the features and have been a LOYAL motorola customer ever since my FIRST android. But this is the last straw. The fact that my new phone, which is supposed to be a flagship phone (moto edge+), gets NOTICABLY WORSE SERVICE than my old moto z2 force is COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE. For example (because there are too many instances to list) drive routes where I used only have say a couple dead spots, I now have over a dozen. More dropped calls, and even terrible connection to MY OWN WiFi IN MY OWN HOME. Areas in my house where I used to be connected to my WiFi (which the hardware and service has not changed) just fine, I now can' even get pages or content to load. I should have listened to the reviews and never got this phone. This phone is Sooo problematic that I can' even stand it, and this will most likely be my last motorola phone, I' sad to say...

Hi.

Sounds similar to the first post. We have seen some news from Google that this is may be due to issues with Web View and Chrome, so that could be the problem, and apparently, it's being addressed.

Let's talk about the issues you're experiencing and see if we can help. Which functions are you having issues with, specifically? More details would be helpful, such as what error messages are you seeing, if any, etc.

We can check from our end too: Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate your battery drain issue.

• Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well.
  • Let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.
  • Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

I'm confident we can resolve these issues for you.

- Matt

Options

20064 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2562 Signins

64668 Page Views

• Message 7 of 16

2021-03-23, 14:26 PM

Hi.

Just want to reinforce this message about the Google bug.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2021/3/22/22345696/google-android-apps-crashing-fix-system-webview

All Android devices are impacted by this bug which requires updating Chrome and Webview to the latest versions. Both are available on Google Play.

Give this a try and let me know if you're still having issues.

Regards,

- Matt

Options

5 Posts

03-18-2021

United States of America

5 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 8 of 16

2021-03-23, 18:28 PM

The phone used to use the power button for screen shots.  That no longer works.  I have to use 3 fingers or other stupid way.  Both require 2 hands.  Look at the attached font.  It's unreadable and occurs all over different aps.  An update should fix problems not modify the visual stuff that people get used to.  

Screenshot_20210323-142050.png
Options

5 Posts

03-18-2021

United States of America

5 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 9 of 16

2021-03-23, 18:52 PM
This outlined font is mostly unreadable. It's either dark outline or white outline
Options

20064 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2562 Signins

64668 Page Views

• Message 10 of 16

2021-03-24, 15:08 PM

@ mike99999 wrote:

The phone used to use the power button for screen shots.  That no longer works.  I have to use 3 fingers or other stupid way.  Both require 2 hands.  Look at the attached font.  It' unreadable and occurs all over different aps.  An update should fix problems not modify the visual stuff that people get used to.  

Hi.

Thanks for these screenshots. Wow, that font is odd for sure. Can I ask if you have enabled Developer Options?

As I said, mine still does screenshots using volume-down+power, so this sounds like it could be isolated to your device. I'd like to look at your check-in data for clues to what's going on.

Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate.

Really sorry about these issues. Standing by to help out.

- Matt

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms