Poland

4 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 8

Motorola Edge is making popping sounds after use

2021-01-11, 21:24 PM

Hello Motorola enthusiasts!

I've bought myself a Motorola Edge device in September last year. So far I'm very satisfied how the device works. However, recently I've noticed, that smartphone is making weird popping noises after usage (like playing a game or browsing web or any other activity).

Issue happens at least once per day. The device, 2 minutes after turning off the screen, makes weird sounds similar to when you try to plug turned on speakers to the jack. This sound is rather quiet, but noticable, it repeats itself about 3-6 times in few minutes.

Besides that everything is working fine, I don't have any issues so far with the device except this unusual one. Has anybody experienced this or has any idea, what can be the reason of this?

Options

4272 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3229 Signins

69636 Page Views

• Views: 69636
  • Message 2 of 8

Re:Motorola Edge is making popping sounds after use

2021-01-11, 21:33 PM

@ Secior wrote:

Hello Motorola enthusiasts!

I' bought myself a Motorola Edge device in September last year. So far I' very satisfied how the device works. However, recently I' noticed, that smartphone is making weird popping noises after usage (like playing a game or browsing web or any other activity).

Issue happens at least once per day. The device, 2 minutes after turning off the screen, makes weird sounds similar to when you try to plug turned on speakers to the jack. This sound is rather quiet, but noticable, it repeats itself about 3-6 times in few minutes.

Besides that everything is working fine, I don' have any issues so far with the device except this unusual one. Has anybody experienced this or has any idea, what can be the reason of this?

I've seen/heard this but not in a long time on some other models. Usually when scrolling and an embedded video is playing but muted and the speakers turn on or when switching between front and rear camera. I would say try rebooting your phone in safe mode (Press the power button until the power menu shows up, long press power off until a prompt shows up for Rebooting into safe mode. Choose OK). This will block all 3rd party/downloaded apps on your phone, but let me know if it happens while in safe mode. Once you're done testing, just reboot the phone normally and all your apps will be back.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

4 Posts

01-11-2021

Poland

4 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 3 of 8

2021-01-11, 21:40 PM

Dear Tom,

Thanks for your fast reply. I'll stay in this mode for some time to see, if the problem is still occuring. Are you suggesting that one of apps installed on the device could cause this issue?

Options

4272 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3229 Signins

69636 Page Views

• Message 4 of 8

2021-01-12, 1:21 AM

@ Secior wrote:

Dear Tom,

Thanks for your fast reply. I' stay in this mode for some time to see, if the problem is still occuring. Are you suggesting that one of apps installed on the device could cause this issue?

If you don't encounter it while in safe mode then it's something being caused by a 3rd party app. Let's see what you find out from your testing.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

01-11-2021

Poland

4 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 5 of 8

2021-01-17, 12:24 PM

Ok, so after few days of testing I can say that:

1. I didn't notice anything suspicious while being in Safe Mode, so I decided to continue observations normally.

2. I reminded that I installed an app which was interfering into sound of device - an equalizer. Removing it helped partially. The issue wasn't happening as often as before, but still occured.

3. I decided to bring device to factory settings and setup it without installing apps. Issue is still happening.

It's a bit annoying, yet I doubt it's worth to form a complain to the service, because nothing else is wrong with phone. However, I'm a bit afraid, that ignoring this fact might cause bigger damage to device in the future.

Do you have any suggestions? 

Options

4272 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3229 Signins

69636 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2021-01-20, 2:29 AM

@ Secior wrote:

Ok, so after few days of testing I can say that:

1. I didn' notice anything suspicious while being in Safe Mode, so I decided to continue observations normally.

2. I reminded that I installed an app which was interfering into sound of device - an equalizer. Removing it helped partially. The issue wasn' happening as often as before, but still occured.

3. I decided to bring device to factory settings and setup it without installing apps. Issue is still happening.

It' a bit annoying, yet I doubt it' worth to form a complain to the service, because nothing else is wrong with phone. However, I' a bit afraid, that ignoring this fact might cause bigger damage to device in the future.

Do you have any suggestions? 

Thanks for testing. Very strange that you're hearing this. Are you seeing any pattern to the popping sound? Is it something you can easily duplicate? If so, maybe see if you can record a video and share it with me.

-Tom

Options

4 Posts

01-11-2021

Poland

4 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 7 of 8

2021-01-23, 12:11 PM
Hi Tom, Unfortunately it happens randomly and I have no clue how to replicate it on my will. I don't really see anything specific about pattern either. Maybe I'll be able to record something, but can't promise it will be heard well and I don't know when I'll be able to do it.
Options

4272 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3229 Signins

69636 Page Views

• Message 8 of 8

2021-01-23, 14:35 PM

@ Secior wrote:

Hi Tom,Unfortunately it happens randomly and I have no clue how to replicate it on my will. I don' really see anything specific about pattern either. Maybe I' be able to record something, but can' promise it will be heard well and I don' know when I' be able to do it.

That's a shame. These random issues are usually really difficult to duplicate and track down. Let's do this. Try your best to record it. However, the next time it happens also generate a bug report right after you hear it. Maybe something is getting logged there.  Steps below

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power-down menu.
6. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
7. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the bug report on the forums in a reply.
8. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

-Tom

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms