Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge+
All Forum Topics
Options

19970 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2535 Signins

63913 Page Views

• Views: 63913
  • Message 11 of 17

Re:Motorola edge+ Android 11 functionality issues

2021-05-06, 14:30 PM

@ mcwear wrote:

Screenshots for 6) video playing

You need to put the phone in horizontal and start playing a video for this in Google Photos. When the controls are on, the video goes full screen (I mean waterfull), when the controls are off it doesn'.

Hi.

Got it, thanks!

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

12 Posts

06-18-2019

United Arab Emirates

16 Signins

170 Page Views

• Views: 170
  • Message 12 of 17

2021-05-06, 15:26 PM

Hello Matt,

I have tried to get the same results at will with multiple apps, but doesn't seem like I can. Now the phone behaves well :D

I have only seen this one on insta when browsing on a page (not thumbnails), switched using most recent app button (double tap on the square) from an open Whatsapp chat.

Edge display for Whatsapp is on, for instagram I can't change it, it's off by default (app doesn't show on the list at edge display settings)

When it happened, I went back to home screen, then closed all recent apps and tried it again, didn't happen.

If it occurs again I will leave another post here with a sceen photo.

Have a great day!

Peter

Options

12 Posts

06-18-2019

United Arab Emirates

16 Signins

170 Page Views

• Message 13 of 17

2021-05-07, 23:46 PM

Hi Matt,

Today I managed to reproduce the issue with the Instagram vs waterfall screen.

I was again in a WhatsApp chat, and I have received a link of an Instagram story from a friend of mine. When I clicked on the link, Instagram loaded the profile first, then the story (I guess this is how it should be, played the story, then went back to the profile again) the same thing happened as I showed last time, but now the WhatsApp chat window remained on the waterfall parts of the screen.

The time when it went back to normal was when I clicked <- Back in Instagram from the profile to the main Instagram feed. 

I hope this helps. I've tried to reproduce this again, but I wasn't 'successful'.

Options

12 Posts

06-18-2019

United Arab Emirates

16 Signins

170 Page Views

• Message 14 of 17

2021-05-07, 23:48 PM

Update:

It happened again just now with the same scenario, provided I closed all recent apps. Everything went the same way as I have described.

Options

19970 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2535 Signins

63913 Page Views

• Message 15 of 17

2021-05-10, 18:06 PM

@ mcwear wrote:

Update:

It happened again just now with the same scenario, provided I closed all recent apps. Everything went the same way as I have described.

Hi.

Appreciate all this effort and info! I do have to say -- given the specificity and comparative rarity of the issue (also that it's not all that serious a problem), I'm not sure how high it might be prioritized. But every bug we can find helps!

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

48 Posts

03-01-2014

Greece

146 Signins

1028 Page Views

• Views: 1028
  • Message 16 of 17

2021-05-17, 7:31 AM

The excuse "google removed wayefall display support" is lame to say the least. Like I said many devices went to android 11 having a waterfall display and it works like it did before. On top of that, since this was one of the selling points of the phone, saying that you "just stick close to pure android" is even more lame. So what if the new uodate did NOT support dual screens. Would you leave Razr owners with a black external screen? Stick close to it with having every feature working, if that means fiddling with the default screen modes, so be it, it would still be a pretty vanilla android experience. What if they stopped supporting wide angle lens. Would you take the wide camera away?

Be serious and respect your customers.

Options

19970 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2535 Signins

63913 Page Views

• Message 17 of 17

2021-05-17, 18:36 PM

@ Vonas wrote:

The excuse "google removed wayefall display support" is lame to say the least. Like I said many devices went to android 11 having a waterfall display and it works like it did before. On top of that, since this was one of the selling points of the phone, saying that you "just stick close to pure android" is even more lame. So what if the new uodate did NOT support dual screens. Would you leave Razr owners with a black external screen? Stick close to it with having every feature working, if that means fiddling with the default screen modes, so be it, it would still be a pretty vanilla android experience. What if they stopped supporting wide angle lens. Would you take the wide camera away?

Be serious and respect your customers.

Hi.

I understand your frustration. The direction we've been given is that the app developers have to make the changes to enable full waterfall.

That doesn't mean we're ignoring the feedback and the evident enthusiasm for the way the edges worked on Android Q. But unless I have news about possible changes, etc., all I can do is provide the current best advice. 

Again, that doesn't mean we're not looking into it.

Regards,

- Matt

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms