Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge
All Forum Topics
Options

9 Posts

08-19-2020

United States of America

79 Signins

670 Page Views

• Views: 670
  • Message 51 of 84

Re:Motorola edge / edge plus OS update

2021-06-17, 12:50 PM

I had the opportunity to use the android 11 beta for the motorola edge. And most of the bugs that existed in the beta are also in the official stable release. I'm hoping that a update will be forthcoming to fix these problems as this really puts a damper on an otherwise great device.

Options

14 Posts

05-08-2021

Poland

16 Signins

130 Page Views

• Views: 130
  • Message 52 of 84

2021-06-17, 13:47 PM

Simple, no more of that chinese ***Removed***

***Admin removed. Please do not use vulgar language. Review the community guidelines here: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Moto-Owners-Forum-Site-Rules/td-p/3269704***

Options

7191 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3450 Signins

88441 Page Views

• Views: 88441
  • Message 53 of 84

2021-06-17, 17:10 PM

@ Rohn59 wrote:

I had the opportunity to use the android 11 beta for the motorola edge. And most of the bugs that existed in the beta are also in the official stable release. I' hoping that a update will be forthcoming to fix these problems as this really puts a damper on an otherwise great device.

Thanks for posting. As for the bugs, we're aware of them and we will have improvements coming in a future update. 

Thanks,

Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

11 Posts

10-06-2021

Poland

15 Signins

70 Page Views

• Views: 70
  • Message 54 of 84

2021-10-06, 21:10 PM

@ MotorolaTom wrote:

@ inor85 wrote:

When is the update OS in Poland? April? Really?  This is the first and last smartphone of moto. You can even learn from LG how to update the system. SHAME ! I' coming back to Samsung.

I'm sorry you feel we've let you down. Please give me the chance to look into this. Can you update your forum profile with the IMEI or SN for your device?

This way I can look to see what's going on with the R update for Poland.

Thank you,

Tom

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

@MotorolaTom   We're in October already but, in Poland, there's still no OS update for Android 11.  What I have are two Motorola Edge phones, both retail model XT2063-4 bought new at the same time and both are on reteu Software Channel.  You can find the IMEI for one of the phones in my profile.  It would be greatly appreciated if you could let me know when the OTA update will be pushed out at long last.  Thank you!

Options

2728 Posts

11-24-2020

India

253 Signins

27700 Page Views

• Views: 27700
  • Message 55 of 84

2021-10-08, 8:23 AM

@ SDDHKG wrote:

@ MotorolaTom wrote:

@ inor85 wrote:

When is the update OS in Poland? April? Really?  This is the first and last smartphone of moto. You can even learn from LG how to update the system. SHAME ! I' coming back to Samsung.

I'm sorry you feel we've let you down. Please give me the chance to look into this. Can you update your forum profile with the IMEI or SN for your device?

This way I can look to see what's going on with the R update for Poland.

Thank you,

Tom

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

@MotorolaTom   We're in October already but, in Poland, there's still no OS update for Android 11.  What I have are two Motorola Edge phones, both retail model XT2063-4 bought new at the same time and both are on reteu Software Channel.  You can find the IMEI for one of the phones in my profile.  It would be greatly appreciated if you could let me know when the OTA update will be pushed out at long last.  Thank you!

Hi, 

Welcome to Motorola Forums and thank you for updating your profile with the IMEI details. I apologize for the delay. I have checked with our team and we are trying to get the update as soon as possible. Please wait, you will receive a notification once the update is available.

Thanks

Sunitha

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

14 Posts

05-08-2021

Poland

16 Signins

130 Page Views

• Views: 130
  • Message 56 of 84

Dot::Motorola edge / edge plus OS update

2021-10-08, 22:30 PM

@ SDDHKG Cześć. Nie licz na zbyt wiele w temacie aktualizacji, tutaj tylko mówią w kółko, że będzie niebawem, że przepraszają za opóźnienia... a ciągle jest tak samo. Od czasu kiedy dostałem androida 11 smartfon działa gorzej niż działał na 10. Jakby była możliwość powrotu do poprzedniej wersji to bym to zrobił bez wahania. Kupiłem 2 sztuki i jedną udało mi się sprzedać a z drugą się męczę, bo a to nie działają powiadomienia, a to nie mogę się połączyć z samochodem, animacje ciągle lagują, bateria trzyma krócej, jak zjeżdżam belką w dół to często w miejscu gdzie jest oczko aparatu mam ikonkę WIFI albo datę. Tapety lubią się przesuwać w prawą stronę, czyli jak ustawię na środek to po zatwierdzeniu i przejściu na ekran startowy jest przesunięta...To jest moja 1/2 Motorola i ostatnia. Na Galaxy S21 dostałem 2 dni temu Androida 12 z OneUI 4.0 i mimo, że jest to wersja beta działa o niebo lepiej i póki co nie wystąpiły u mnie żadne problemy! Tak to się powinno robić, a tutaj chińczyki robią oprogramowanie i działa tak samo jak na xiaomi albo innym dziadostwie czyli jedno wielkie przycięcie. Nie rozumiem tylko jednego, jak taka poważna firma jak Motorola mogła tak nisko upaść... i nic sobie z tego nie robią, oficjalne forum, ludzie piszą, że to porażka a dalej jest jak było. Nie zależy im po prostu na Twoim komforcie użytkowania tylko na Twoich pieniądzach, wydałeś więc już nie jesteś potrzebny.Pozdrawiam.

Options

7 Posts

10-10-2021

Germany

7 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 57 of 84

2021-10-10, 11:08 AM

Some days ago, Google already released Android 12 while I'm stucking with Android 10 and the security patch from February 2021 (Germany). Someone asked if Android 12 will arrive on Motorola Edge. My personal answer: I'm sure, that will never happen. With some luck we will get some very few security patches after Android 11 and with very big luck the bugs introduced with the Android 11 update will be fixed. My assumption is that the software support for the Motorola Edge completely ends in 2022.

Because of suppliers like Lenovo/Motorola with such a bad software support the European Union is preparing a directive that software updates for a reasonable time frame after launch are mandantory. This includes software updates like new Android releases and security patches. I'm really, really curious about Lenovos/Motorolas performance when this directive becomes effective.

I have only a few questions to their officials: Was this huge delay planned or what exactly is the problem of rolling out software updates with a smaller delay than the current one? What kind of rocket science is avoiding the update? And why customers don't get any (forecast) information? Do the officials feel to uncomfortable in telling the customers that they will get close to nothing after buy?

Options

2728 Posts

11-24-2020

India

253 Signins

27700 Page Views

• Views: 27700
  • Message 58 of 84

2021-10-11, 8:06 AM

@ mentober wrote:

Some days ago, Google already released Android 12 while I'm stucking with Android 10 and the security patch from February 2021 (Germany). Someone asked if Android 12 will arrive on Motorola Edge. My personal answer: I'm sure, that will never happen. With some luck we will get some very few security patches after Android 11 and with very big luck the bugs introduced with the Android 11 update will be fixed. My assumption is that the software support for the Motorola Edge completely ends in 2022.

Because of suppliers like Lenovo/Motorola with such a bad software support the European Union is preparing a directive that software updates for a reasonable time frame after launch are mandantory. This includes software updates like new Android releases and security patches. I'm really, really curious about Lenovos/Motorolas performance when this directive becomes effective.

I have only a few questions to their officials: Was this huge delay planned or what exactly is the problem of rolling out software updates with a smaller delay than the current one? What kind of rocket science is avoiding the update? And why customers don't get any (forecast) information? Do the officials feel to uncomfortable in telling the customers that they will get close to nothing after buy?

Hi, 

It's a pleasure to see you here on the Forums. I’m really sorry for the delay. We know it's hard to wait. There are many variables in developing and testing software - that's why we can't give dates, but when it's ready we'll roll it out to all eligible devices as quickly as possible. You will receive a notification once the update is available. 

Also, please update your profile with the current phone, carrier, and IMEI number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link - https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Thanks

Sunitha

Options

7 Posts

10-10-2021

Germany

7 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 59 of 84

2021-10-11, 12:48 PM

Hello Sunitha,

thank your for your reply. I added the phone, carrier and the IMEI number to my profile. Unfortunately, I cannot find the options under Settings -> Motorola Privacy (I cannot find any "Motorola Privacy"). Do you mean options on the phone or the options of my forum account here?

Looking at my apps is NOT ok, sorry. I think, there is no special issue with my phone, it seems to me that the update for Motorola Edge hasn't been started yet for Germany?

Best regards

Michael

Options

11 Posts

10-06-2021

Poland

15 Signins

70 Page Views

• Views: 70
  • Message 60 of 84

2021-10-11, 13:42 PM

@ mentober wrote:

Hello Sunitha,

thank your for your reply. I added the phone, carrier and the IMEI number to my profile. Unfortunately, I cannot find the options under Settings -> Motorola Privacy (I cannot find any "Motorola Privacy"). Do you mean options on the phone or the options of my forum account here?

Looking at my apps is NOT ok, sorry. I think, there is no special issue with my phone, it seems to me that the update for Motorola Edge hasn't been started yet for Germany?

Best regards

Michael

@AgentSunitha : Same as @mentober , both of my phones are stuck on Android 10, Build number QPDS30.114-80-4.  What's more disappointing and even more unacceptable is that there has been no security patch since Feb 1, 2021 in light of the delay with OS update.  We are not talking about any carrier-locked phones, ours are full-price retail versions, so Motorola really can't blame any carrier for the delay but themselves.

Motorola already started the rollout of Android 11 to Edge in April.  There has been no lack of complaints about the bugs since.  Not only are these problems not resolved, Motorola is now saying there is no ETA for basic update from Android 10 for both Germany and Poland (and probably other countries unnamed).  To attribute the undue delay to "variables in developing and testing software" is disingenuous, to say the least.  After all, Edge users in many countries have already received their basic OS updates, it's been half-a-year since the rollout began, and we're talking about Edge being close to stock Android, which should make updates relatively easy to manage, compared to highly customized ROM's.

It says a lot about Motorola's priority, competency, and customer service when its competitors are so far ahead with their rollout of Android 11 updates to phones of all ranges (not to mention flagship models), whether or not on proprietary ROM's.  The last Motorola phone I had was the legendary flip-phone back in the 1990's during the heydays of Motorola; with Edge, I thought its phones are making a comeback.  Boy, was I wrong - I would certainly think thrice (not twice) before considering another Motorola phone the next time I'm in the market.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms