Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge+
All Forum Topics
Options

9 Posts

10-06-2020

Canada

14 Signins

75 Page Views

• Views: 75
  • Message 1 of 5

No more 60hz refresh rate option on the Moto Edge+ after Android 11 update! Please bring it back!

2021-03-26, 21:11 PM

Unlike everyone else, I am not so disappointed by issues in the edge display following the recent update. However, I am EXTREMELY disappointed by the removal of the 60hz refresh rate option. Why was it removed?!? My phone isn't lasting nearly as long as it used to on a single charge, and it has really hampered my overall user experience. For folks having display issues, they should be allowed to turn their refresh rate back up, but for the rest of us that were happy with the feature, this has been a real deal-breaker. I would really appreciate it if Motorola could bring back the ability to manually change our refresh rate back to 60hz as soon as possible. Furthermore, Motorola should also provide an automatic refresh rate option and the ability to turn down the resolution to 720p for people who aren't unable to get to a charger all day long. I really hope this feedback is taken into consideration, and I hope the changes mentioned above are implemented. If not, I will, unfortunately, be dropping Motorola in the near future for offerings like the S21 Ultra, which allows their users to change both the refresh rate and the resolution. Thank you for your time.

Answer
Options

19902 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2514 Signins

63393 Page Views

• Views: 63393

Re:No more 60hz refresh rate option on the Moto Edge+ after Android 11 update! Please bring it back!

2021-03-29, 19:04 PM

@ ToxicWaste wrote:

Yeah, so i updated my profile with my phone' IMEI number and you guys can go ahead and take a look at things from your end if you' like. I do, however, think you may be referring to the Moto Edge, which has a less powerful - but more efficient - processor, less ram and a 4500mah battery, so despite the 90hz refresh rate, the battery life may not suffer as much. However, the Moto Edge+ has a Snapdragon 865 which, when used to push a 90hz display, can make quick work of its 5000mah. So if you guys could bring the 60hz option back maybe even in developer settings that' be awesome. That way more tech-savvy people that want it can at least get to it. Thanks for your time.

Hi.

I took a look at your check-in data. Your battery life looks extremely stable compared to your pre-Android 11 performance. I do think it suffers a bit from less-than-great signal coverage, but again, not a change from pre-Android 11.

Let me know if you are experiencing a continued drop-off that may not be showing up in our data.

We have shared this 60/90hZ feedback; several owners have mentioned it. Generally, the team is pretty solid on the overall benefits when they make these kinds of changes, but it can't hurt to let them know how people react.

Thanks,

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!

Replies(4)
Options

5220 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3303 Signins

76111 Page Views

• Views: 76111
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:No more 60hz refresh rate option on the Moto Edge+ after Android 11 update! Please bring it back!

2021-03-29, 0:25 AM

@ ToxicWaste wrote:

Unlike everyone else, I am not so disappointed by issues in the edge display following the recent update. However, I am EXTREMELY disappointed by the removal of the 60hz refresh rate option. Why was it removed?!? My phone isn' lasting nearly as long as it used to on a single charge, and it has really hampered my overall user experience. For folks having display issues, they should be allowed to turn their refresh rate back up, but for the rest of us that were happy with the feature, this has been a real deal-breaker. I would really appreciate it if Motorola could bring back the ability to manually change our refresh rate back to 60hz as soon as possible. Furthermore, Motorola should also provide an automatic refresh rate option and the ability to turn down the resolution to 720p for people who aren' unable to get to a charger all day long. I really hope this feedback is taken into consideration, and I hope the changes mentioned above are implemented. If not, I will, unfortunately, be dropping Motorola in the near future for offerings like the S21 Ultra, which allows their users to change both the refresh rate and the resolution. Thank you for your time.

I hear you and I'll make sure your feedback is passed along to the right people. Keep in mind, there is a reason for the change. We have optimized the performance of edge to have a locked 90Hz display refresh rate. This provides a better display experience. Even with this shift to a higher refresh rate, there is minimal impact on battery life, thanks to the device’s 4500 mAh battery. That being said, you mentioned that it's causing you battery drain. We'd like to look into that further. Can you make sure your forum profile is updated with the current IMEI or SN from your device. Also, please advise when you updated to Android 11. Then let us know if it's ok to look at some things from our end.

-Tom

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

FYI, we (the moto support team) do not actively monitor the community on the weekends so there may be delays in getting back to you.

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

9 Posts

10-06-2020

Canada

14 Signins

75 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2021-03-29, 3:38 AM
Yeah, so i updated my profile with my phone's IMEI number and you guys can go ahead and take a look at things from your end if you'd like. I do, however, think you may be referring to the Moto Edge, which has a less powerful - but more efficient - processor, less ram and a 4500mah battery, so despite the 90hz refresh rate, the battery life may not suffer as much. However, the Moto Edge+ has a Snapdragon 865 which, when used to push a 90hz display, can make quick work of its 5000mah. So if you guys could bring the 60hz option back maybe even in developer settings that'd be awesome. That way more tech-savvy people that want it can at least get to it. Thanks for your time.
Answer
Options

19902 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2514 Signins

63393 Page Views

• Views: 63393
  • Message 4 of 5

2021-03-29, 19:04 PM

@ ToxicWaste wrote:

Yeah, so i updated my profile with my phone' IMEI number and you guys can go ahead and take a look at things from your end if you' like. I do, however, think you may be referring to the Moto Edge, which has a less powerful - but more efficient - processor, less ram and a 4500mah battery, so despite the 90hz refresh rate, the battery life may not suffer as much. However, the Moto Edge+ has a Snapdragon 865 which, when used to push a 90hz display, can make quick work of its 5000mah. So if you guys could bring the 60hz option back maybe even in developer settings that' be awesome. That way more tech-savvy people that want it can at least get to it. Thanks for your time.

Hi.

I took a look at your check-in data. Your battery life looks extremely stable compared to your pre-Android 11 performance. I do think it suffers a bit from less-than-great signal coverage, but again, not a change from pre-Android 11.

Let me know if you are experiencing a continued drop-off that may not be showing up in our data.

We have shared this 60/90hZ feedback; several owners have mentioned it. Generally, the team is pretty solid on the overall benefits when they make these kinds of changes, but it can't hurt to let them know how people react.

Thanks,

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

9 Posts

10-06-2020

Canada

14 Signins

75 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2021-03-29, 21:11 PM

Yeah, like before the android 11 update, I'd keep the display's refresh rate at a constant 60hz as I never found the need to enable the 60hz options unless I was gaming, and according to what i could see on android, I'd get anywhere from 7 to 8hrs of continuous screen on time. However, after the android 11 update, that has fallen significantly as I now only get maybe 5 hours of screen on time, sometimes a little more or less depending on my use case. Having taken into account all other factors, the only thing that this decrease in battery life seems to comes down to is the screen refresh rate, unfortunately. Moreover, it was just a nice option that a lot of people appreciated. Therefore, if the development team could bring it back, that would be awesome. Lastly, it's not something I've seen on many (if any) Motorola phones, but can we get the option to turn the phone's resolution down to 720p if possible, along with the option for an automatic refresh rate for individuals not familiar with refresh rates in general? These would allow for extended battery life on a phone with a huge battery like the moto edge+, which everyone would appreciate. Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to these posts. We really appreciate it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms