08-07-2020

United States of America

45 Signins

320 Page Views

• Views: 320
  • Message 1 of 2

OS updates for Moto Edge

2020-12-19, 13:02 PM

Qualcomm promises three years of Android updates for its entire SoC lineup | Ars Technica

How about this Motorola? 

Options

4229 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3223 Signins

69391 Page Views

• Views: 69391
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:OS updates for Moto Edge

2020-12-19, 15:57 PM

@ Tercel83 wrote:

Qualcomm promises three years of Android updates for its entire SoC lineup | Ars Technica

How about this Motorola? 

This is a bit misleading to the consumer. What Qualcomm is saying is that they will support the SOC for 3 or 4 years for OS updates. This doesn't mean that OEM's will support it. On top of that, this new policy is only going to start with the Snapdragon 888 line which is a newer line of SOCs. I do agree that having Qualcomm, the chipset manufacturer, supporting updates longer, it will hopefully start to trickle down resulting in more updates. However, I'm not going to promise that Moto will implement any new upgrade strategies in the near future.  I'm just being honest with you on this.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms