Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge
All Forum Topics
Options

174 Posts

01-24-2015

Germany

292 Signins

2546 Page Views

• Views: 2546
  • Message 1 of 12

One Button navigation (Moto Action) missing

2020-07-04, 13:49 PM

Hi,bought a Edge yesterday. No Display Problems so far. 

I was horrified to find that the great one button moto action was missing. Is it possible to add it back with an update? I miss them so much! I've been used this for years. 

The Google solution is so bad!

Please!

Options

50 Posts

04-04-2019

Germany

40 Signins

359 Page Views

• Views: 359
  • Message 2 of 12

Re:One Button navigation (Moto Action) missing

2020-07-04, 16:27 PM

a really stupid decision. no longer offer an existing solution. even the best solution in the whole smartphone market!

Options

174 Posts

01-24-2015

Germany

292 Signins

2546 Page Views

• Message 3 of 12

2020-07-05, 18:53 PM
The strange thing is: the Motorola G7 has the one button in the Moto Action with Android 10! Maybe they forget it?
Options

71 Posts

08-15-2013

United States of America

206 Signins

3115 Page Views

• Views: 3115
  • Message 4 of 12

2020-07-06, 17:33 PM
It's unfortunate when Moto comes up with something really good like this or Moto voice reading your text messages while driving and then drops it.
Options

4887 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3279 Signins

74081 Page Views

• Views: 74081
  • Message 5 of 12

2020-07-07, 12:28 PM

Hello all. I'd like to shed some light on the situation. Phones that launch with Android 10 will not have the Moto One Button Nav. They will offer Google Gesture only. While I too enjoyed Moto One Button Nav, after a week or so with Google Gestures, I have come to really like it. For me going back to a phone without Gesture Nav feels unnatural now. However, I know it's a personal preference and I will be sure to share your feedback with the respective teams responsible. That being said, I wouldn't expect them to add it to existing products that didn't ship with that feature. 

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

174 Posts

01-24-2015

Germany

292 Signins

2546 Page Views

• Message 6 of 12

2020-07-07, 13:01 PM

Hi Tom, thanks for the answer.

The bad thing is. Google Gesture didnt work with any third Party launcher. Motorolas one button Navigation did. Google know bout the Problem since last year but still no fix. 

https://help.teslacoilapps.com/faq/gesture-navigation

At the moment i/we cant use Google Gesture or moto One button. We need to use the old 3 point Navigation and lost a little bit of the Screen and its uncomfortable. 

Would be very very helpful if the Team would enable it again. And yes when i look into the apk Code its still there.

Maybe some one from the motorola Team had a Minute to enable it + push a Update via Play Store.

Thanks. 

Options

1 Posts

07-19-2020

United States of America

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 7 of 12

2020-07-19, 1:33 AM

@ MotorolaTom wrote:

Hello all. I'd like to shed some light on the situation. Phones that launch with Android 10 will not have the Moto One Button Nav. They will offer Google Gesture only. While I too enjoyed Moto One Button Nav, after a week or so with Google Gestures, I have come to really like it. For me going back to a phone without Gesture Nav feels unnatural now. However, I know it's a personal preference and I will be sure to share your feedback with the respective teams responsible. That being said, I wouldn't expect them to add it to existing products that didn't ship with that feature. 

-Tom

Tom, I was excited to buy my razr yesterday, and I fell in love with pretty much everything about it. It had one button nav. Then this afternoon, it wouldn't stop bothering me to update it, and when it finally did, it took one button nav away. Since it shipped with it, to hear you tell it, I should get to keep it, right? I want it back. I'd rather risk identity theft and never get another security update than work with this gestures stuff. Please give it back. It's ruining an otherwise wonderful phone.

According to Motorola, it should still be an option, but the button just isn't there under the settings:

https://support.motorola.com/us/en/products/cell-phones/razr/razr/documents/MS146689

Options

4887 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3279 Signins

74081 Page Views

• Message 8 of 12

2020-07-21, 16:35 PM

@Alan T. wrote:

@ MotorolaTom wrote:

-Tom

Tom, I was excited to buy my razr yesterday, and I fell in love with pretty much everything about it. It had one button nav. Then this afternoon, it wouldn't stop bothering me to update it, and when it finally did, it took one button nav away. Since it shipped with it, to hear you tell it, I should get to keep it, right? I want it back. I'd rather risk identity theft and never get another security update than work with this gestures stuff. Please give it back. It's ruining an otherwise wonderful phone.

According to Motorola, it should still be an option, but the button just isn't there under the settings:

https://support.motorola.com/us/en/products/cell-phones/razr/razr/documents/MS146689

My apologies. The FAQ you referenced was outdated. It has since been corrected. With Android Q/10 having Google Gestures, the option for Moto One Button Nav is no longer available. This was part of the Android 10/Q update and not a security update. That being said give Google gestures a try for a while. As I mentioned before, you might get used to it and like it. Either way, I will be sure to pass your feedback along that you liked Moto One Button Nav.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

1 Posts

12-07-2018

United States of America

3 Signins

6 Page Views

• Views: 6
  • Message 9 of 12

2021-01-23, 5:12 AM

I haven't updated my G7 because of this known issue.  I use NOVA launcher.  I have a secondary phone, a Moto G stylus, which DIDN'T come with Motorola's excellent ONE BUTTON Navigation.  NO, they decided to go with Google gestures.  I gave it a chance, in fact I gave it a big chance TOM and I and many others DON'T like it! Period.  Many have called Motorola's one button Nav the best ever navigation, and (https://www.theverge.com/2019/4/12/18308139/motorola-one-button-navigation-gestures-moto-g7-how-to-use) "they have perfected navigation", this has never been said of Google gesture, yet we are told to "give it a chance" and the apps and launchers need to fix their compatibility, instead of giving us a choice to use what has been working SO, So well for so long, G4, G5, G6, & G7.  I've own them all and loved the navigation, raved about the one button navigation, and now... well I don't suggest Motorola.  My cousin and aunt and husband have the Pixel 3a instead of the new Motorola line because, I no longer love it or suggest it.  That is 3 phones you didn't sell this past year.  So take that to the sales and respective teams that it matters to because it makes me both mad and sad as I used to love your phones and now not so much.  And since I down graded from a Samsung Galaxy Note 5, to my original Motorola, that is saying something.  You had a "one button navigation" that was considered the best on the market, you don't have that anymore.  You have the flashlight chop, and twist phone camera, which are the only other two moto actions that I would miss going to another phone but I can take or leave those, my one button nav, I miss it like crazy when I have to use the secondary phone.  It is why I haven't switch my primary G7 with my secondary Moto G Stylus, because I don't like the 3 button nav.  So you may like gestures and continue to promote it but I and many others don't.  We want the 1-button Nav back, working with our favorite launchers.  And I would give up Nova launcher to have 1-button nav on my G-Stylus.

Options

4887 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3279 Signins

74081 Page Views

• Message 10 of 12

2021-01-23, 15:00 PM

@ tivonut wrote:

I haven' updated my G7 because of this known issue.  I use NOVA launcher.  I have a secondary phone, a Moto G stylus, which DIDN' come with Motorola' excellent ONE BUTTON Navigation.  NO, they decided to go with Google gestures.  I gave it a chance, in fact I gave it a big chance TOM and I and many others DON' like it! Period.  Many have called Motorola' one button Nav the best ever navigation, and (https://www.theverge.com/2019/4/12/18308139/motorola-one-button-navigation-gestures-moto-g7-how-to-use) "they have perfected navigation", this has never been said of Google gesture, yet we are told to "give it a chance" and the apps and launchers need to fix their compatibility, instead of giving us a choice to use what has been working SO, So well for so long, G4, G5, G6, & G7.  I' own them all and loved the navigation, raved about the one button navigation, and now... well I don' suggest Motorola.  My cousin and aunt and husband have the Pixel 3a instead of the new Motorola line because, I no longer love it or suggest it.  That is 3 phones you didn' sell this past year.  So take that to the sales and respective teams that it matters to because it makes me both mad and sad as I used to love your phones and now not so much.  And since I down graded from a Samsung Galaxy Note 5, to my original Motorola, that is saying something.  You had a "one button navigation" that was considered the best on the market, you don' have that anymore.  You have the flashlight chop, and twist phone camera, which are the only other two moto actions that I would miss going to another phone but I can take or leave those, my one button nav, I miss it like crazy when I have to use the secondary phone.  It is why I haven' switch my primary G7 with my secondary Moto G Stylus, because I don' like the 3 button nav.  So you may like gestures and continue to promote it but I and many others don'.  We want the 1-button Nav back, working with our favorite launchers.  And I would give up Nova launcher to have 1-button nav on my G-Stylus.

I hear you and thank you for sharing your feedback. I'm sorry you are unhappy with the move towards Google Gesture Navigation. I made a table below comparing the two features, and as you can see there isn't much difference between Moto One Nav and Google Gesture Nav. Most of the gestures are very similar except you don't always have to adjust your hand to swipe on the navigation bar itself.

Action Moto One Nav Google Gesture Nav
Go Home Tap on the navigation bar A quick swipe up on the navigation bar
Go Back Swipe left on the navigation bar Swipe toward the middle from the left or right edge anywhere on the screen
Previous app Swipe right on the navigation bar Swipe left or right on the navigation bar to toggle between apps
Recent apps Swipe up on the navigation bar Swipe up on the navigation bar with a brief pause
Launch Assistant Tap+Hold the navigation bar button Swipe from the bottom corner

That being said, your feedback is definitely valued and I'll make sure it's heard. Keep in mind, there are currently no plans to resurrect the old Moto One Button Navigation. I just wanted to be honest as to not get your hopes up.

-Tom

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms