Options

7 Posts

08-21-2020

United States of America

4 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 43

Please do not delete! Do not buy a Motorola Edge or + ! Upvote if your experience display issues!

2020-08-22, 16:40 PM

It is with a sad heart that I write this post. This post is an official warning to anyone considering the EDGE or EDGE+. 

I purchased the Motorola Edge ( not the +) less than 2 weeks ago and was utterly disappointed when I began to experience the same screen issues many have reported on this forum and every well known phone developer site. 

At first glace this phone takes the spot as the number one phone on the market for its price. It almost seems like a mythical creature, when you begin the run through the specifications of the phone and compare it to other phones it will look very enticing, but DO NOT PURCHASE THIS PHONE. 

Out of the box the phone will blow your mind and make you feel as if you made the right decision, but within less than 1 week (sometime less than 24 hours) you will begin experiencing deal breaking screen issues that are not solvable by software updates as Motorola pushes their moderators to claim. 

I like many, replaced the phone and even paid restocking fees more than once to have each and every phone have this same issue. Moderators clearly state that replacing will not fix the issues, but they also claim that not every phone experiences this issue, which in my mind is false. EVERY PHONE WILL EVENTUALLY EXPERIENCE THIS PROBLEM. The software updates they claim are coming ( two already rolled out on Verizon, but if you read closely users are experiencing worse problems after updating or the problems go away for 1-2 weeks but start right back up. 

Last but not least, I have made posts to get help with this problem and have added my voice to the pool of customers all experiencing these issues, but more than once my posts have been deleted by moderators and I have never gotten a personal reply even one time. 

Today I will be making my final return on the device and paying $400 more to purchase a Samsung device which is such a shame. The device I am getting has less than this phone boasts, but I guess it really was all to good to be true. 

Lenovo and Motorola should be ashamed and they truly owe compensation to every customer that supported this device early and replaced it to try and stick the device. I believe every customer who has a defective edge should be given a free edge device when they finally release a working version. At the very least it would make up for all the time and money they have wasted. If I could successfully sue this company for just my time wasted they couldn't send me even 5 edges and have it valuate to how much they have cost me so far. 

As of right now the edge is a huge scam and is an incomplete non finished prototype! If you purchase it is at your own risk!

If you delete this post again i will continue to post it and i will be posting it on every popular phone forum anyway so you wont hide this and continue to scam your loyal customers!

• Edited for site rule violation - "online shouting." (https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Moto-Owners-Forum-Site-Rules/td-p/3269704) - Matt (Forums Manager)
Options

28 Posts

08-10-2020

United States of America

24 Signins

420 Page Views

• Views: 420
  • Message 2 of 43

Re:Please do not delete! Do not buy a Motorola Edge or + ! Upvote if your experience display issues!

2020-08-22, 18:09 PM

I have had a good experience working with customer service. They've offered me plenty of options in a timely manner they are out of the edge so they aren't distributing any more. I believe they will resolve the issue. I'll just wait until they do like you said.  

It's so sad you feel the need to post such a scathing note. But none the less I you hope you enjoy your new phone I believe you said you're going to get the Samsung.

Good luck

Options

24 Posts

08-14-2020

United States of America

39 Signins

410 Page Views

• Views: 410
  • Message 3 of 43

Re:Please do not delete! Do not buy a Motorola Edge or + ! Upvote if your experience display issues!

2020-08-22, 21:17 PM

A.J. Doll--I'm glad for you that your experience with Moto support has been to your satisfaction. However, please do not admonish the poster because I can confirm that my experience has been unlike yours and feel the criticism made here is completely justified. 

It's interesting that you're aware that the model is currently out of stock. Thus far, Moto hadn't told me even that basic fact. Rather, they've contradicted it by encouraging me to get replacement units. I trust you can see how such details are very frustrating.

Options

43 Posts

01-02-2018

United States of America

40 Signins

396 Page Views

• Views: 396
  • Message 4 of 43

2020-08-23, 12:45 PM

I too had an issue with my first unit and after a swap at the retailer, my second unit with a later manufacture date is fine at just about 2 weeks. Also, it's not like there isn't a lengthy thread about screen issues, so this feels like a sour grapes post more than objective information.

Motorola has seemingly been supportive and while it's a frustrating experience, it's a real plus that the company has been receptive on the topic and handling.

Options

7 Posts

08-21-2020

United States of America

4 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 5 of 43

Re:PLEASE DO NOT DELETE! DO NOT BUY A MOTOROLA EDGE or + ! UPVOTE IF YOUR EXPERIENCE DISPLAY ISSUES!

2020-08-23, 13:07 PM

Its not worth all of my time or money is all. After replacing the phone 2 times with the 3rd being a total swap for a phone double the cost then being told directly by Motorola that this wont be solved by a software update. The only resolution is to wait until the replacements they are sending out are completely reworked to not have this bug.  

Even if they do fix it. They have cost me over $1000 of my time which defeats the purpose of not buying the other flag ship phone. I already went and swapped it for a Galaxy Note 20 that I know wont disappoint. 

I think everyone considering this phone or dealing with this issue needs to be aware of the scam this is quickly turning into. 

Options

7 Posts

08-21-2020

United States of America

4 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 6 of 43

2020-08-23, 13:16 PM

Thanks AJ

I am enjoying the new note 20 and I feel much better knowing it will work out of the box without multiple replacements. I am a huge Motorola phones at face value and have been specifically buying there unlocked phones for the last 4 years. Each one has had "Software bugs" that were never resolved. The Moto G6 and 7 both died on me after only one year due to battery and charging issues and this has officially sent me in a different direction. 

I generally never post things like this at all, but I feel as if I will do good by a lot of people by telling them to avoid this phone altogether. If not all together than at least for the next year until they have a totally revised model of the edge on the market.  

Options

7 Posts

08-21-2020

United States of America

4 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 7 of 43

Re:PLEASE DO NOT DELETE! DO NOT BUY A MOTOROLA EDGE or + ! UPVOTE IF YOUR EXPERIENCE DISPLAY ISSUES!

2020-08-23, 13:19 PM

Also Debates!

I had my first 3 posts aimed at just simply reporting the issue removed and I know I am not the only one. I spent tons of time taking pictures and documenting the issues just to have my posts removed. There is something going on that I believe justifies my post and warning to other users. 

You have the absolute right to hang onto your Edge and I hope you don't experience the time and money waste I did. 

Options

13 Posts

08-08-2020

United States of America

14 Signins

135 Page Views

• Views: 135
  • Message 8 of 43

2020-08-23, 15:46 PM

I completely agree with the OP experience.  

I had my first Edge go all purple and green after 4 days.  The support team was helpful and passed me through to the correct people to get a replacement.  I got the replacement on a Thursday afternoon, but after an hour it was apparent that this edge was also having issues.  The Fingerprint sensor would not register any one of 20 fingers (me and my wife) in 77 attempts.  The wifi kept disconnecting after 45 - 90 minutes and only a reboot would make it reconnect.

I called Moto again and they agreed to now take back both dead phones and issue a full refund.  While on the phone with them I asked about the Moto One fusion Plus.  I was specifically looking to verify that it would work with T-Mobile USA WiFi Calling.  I was assured that it did.  It does not.  Long story short, three phones in less than 10 days from Motorola all returned.

What happened to Motorola under Lenovo Leadership?

Oh, and I have had two posts disappear from the forum about this, one a new post and one a response to a thread.  Neither were in any violation of standards or slanderous.  They were honest and tone neutral.  Surprisingly they actually posted my honest review of the edge warning of these issues for the public to see.  This is a device that was rushed to market and was not ready.  

Options

43 Posts

01-02-2018

United States of America

40 Signins

396 Page Views

• Views: 396
  • Message 9 of 43

2020-08-23, 20:48 PM

I get that it's frustrating, and ultimately, the 1000's of bad phones will work through the system and I'm guessing that such an issue, which doesn't show itself until use, may pass initial QC.

Unfortunately, once things hit distribution, it's a fire fight and the best a company can do is support.

I'm the end, I like to make my own decisions, so I find your thread title off putting along with the all caps.

Options

4272 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3229 Signins

69636 Page Views

• Views: 69636
  • Message 10 of 43

2020-08-24, 14:41 PM

Hello everyone. I understand this is a frustrating experience and I truly apologize for that. We are have been discussing and investigating this consistently since the issue was brought to our attention. While I can't go into details, rest assured we're doing everything we can to come up with software and hardware solutions. In the meantime, as I've mentioned before, not all units experience this display issue. I have one and don't experience it. Other users have reported that they have had a good experience with replacements as well. If you're still encountering issues with the display on your device, I'd recommend posting here and we will reach out to you with options to have it replaced again.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms