Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge+
All Forum Topics
Options

83 Posts

06-12-2020

Hungary

99 Signins

780 Page Views

  • Posts: 83
  • Registered: ‎06-12-2020
  • Location: Hungary
  • Views: 780
  • Message 1 of 11

PS4 remote play issue

2020-08-04, 21:00 PM

I just tried to use my PS4 with remote play app.

The app itself works fine, however i cannot use the paired or usb connected Dualshock 4 controller as the app says:

"This device doesn't support DUALSHOCK 4"

The requirement is Android 10.

It should work in theory.

Also if i just try to use the controller with the PS4 and use the app as the screen, the controller turns off so it is nogo.

 

Can you guys get in tuch with Sony for a fix?

 

 

Reply
Answer
Options

83 Posts

06-12-2020

Hungary

99 Signins

780 Page Views

  • Posts: 83
  • Registered: ‎06-12-2020
  • Location: Hungary
  • Views: 780

Re:PS4 remote play issue

2021-04-07, 19:23 PM

Hey!

 

Android 11 fixed this issue!

 

FINALLY.

Reply

Replies(10)
Options

19826 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2500 Signins

62923 Page Views

  • Posts: 19826
  • Registered: ‎02-03-2016
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 62923
  • Message 2 of 11

Re:PS4 remote play issue

2020-08-06, 14:41 PM

@ UNTIG wrote:
 

 

I just tried to use my PS4 with remote play app.

The app itself works fine, however i cannot use the paired or usb connected Dualshock 4 controller as the app says:

"This device doesn't support DUALSHOCK 4"

The requirement is Android 10.

It should work in theory.

Also if i just try to use the controller with the PS4 and use the app as the screen, the controller turns off so it is nogo.

 

Can you guys get in tuch with Sony for a fix?

 

Hi.

 

We're trying to see if we can find someone here with a PS4 to reproduce this. Thanks for reporting. I may need to ask for a bug report but not sure yet.

 

Sorry for this.

 

Regards,

 

-Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Reply
Options

83 Posts

06-12-2020

Hungary

99 Signins

780 Page Views

  • Posts: 83
  • Registered: ‎06-12-2020
  • Location: Hungary
  • Views: 780
  • Message 3 of 11

Re:PS4 remote play issue

2020-08-06, 20:41 PM

@ MattForumsMngr wrote:
 

 

@ UNTIG wrote:
 

 

I just tried to use my PS4 with remote play app.

The app itself works fine, however i cannot use the paired or usb connected Dualshock 4 controller as the app says:

"This device doesn't support DUALSHOCK 4"

The requirement is Android 10.

It should work in theory.

Also if i just try to use the controller with the PS4 and use the app as the screen, the controller turns off so it is nogo.

 

Can you guys get in tuch with Sony for a fix?

 

Hi.

 

We're trying to see if we can find someone here with a PS4 to reproduce this. Thanks for reporting. I may need to ask for a bug report but not sure yet.

 

Sorry for this.

 

Regards,

 

-Matt

I think it is a remote play app issue, and requires Sony to fix it, as the controller itself works everywhere else, just not within the app, there we only get the not supported error, making it kinda useless. 

Hopefully if you guys can connect with sony and say, we have this nice phone please make remote play work with dualshock 4 controller, and it will be resolved.

 

Side question: can i get a Vodafone Hungary VoLTE certification/test started for this device? 

Reply
Options

19826 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2500 Signins

62923 Page Views

  • Posts: 19826
  • Registered: ‎02-03-2016
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 62923
  • Message 4 of 11

Re:PS4 remote play issue

2020-08-07, 13:49 PM

@ UNTIG wrote:
 

 

@ MattForumsMngr wrote:
 

 

@ UNTIG wrote:
 

 

I just tried to use my PS4 with remote play app.

The app itself works fine, however i cannot use the paired or usb connected Dualshock 4 controller as the app says:

"This device doesn't support DUALSHOCK 4"

The requirement is Android 10.

It should work in theory.

Also if i just try to use the controller with the PS4 and use the app as the screen, the controller turns off so it is nogo.

 

Can you guys get in tuch with Sony for a fix?

 

Hi.

 

We're trying to see if we can find someone here with a PS4 to reproduce this. Thanks for reporting. I may need to ask for a bug report but not sure yet.

 

Sorry for this.

 

Regards,

 

-Matt

I think it is a remote play app issue, and requires Sony to fix it, as the controller itself works everywhere else, just not within the app, there we only get the not supported error, making it kinda useless. 

Hopefully if you guys can connect with sony and say, we have this nice phone please make remote play work with dualshock 4 controller, and it will be resolved.

 

Side question: can i get a Vodafone Hungary VoLTE certification/test started for this device? 

 

Hi.

 

We were able to reproduce, so we're opening a ticket on this. Thanks for reporting.

 

I've not heard back on Hungary VoLTE. I will ask again. Sorry about the long delay.

 

-Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Reply
Options

1 Posts

01-02-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

2 Signins

10 Page Views

  • Posts: 1
  • Registered: ‎01-02-2021
  • Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 10
  • Message 5 of 11

Re:PS4 remote play issue

2021-01-02, 17:27 PM

Hi guys I bought few days ago Lenovo tablet m10 plus and I have trouble to contact to plastation remote play app my controller ps4

 

 

 

I just tried to use my PS4 with remote play app.

The app itself works fine, however i cannot use the paired or usb connected Dualshock 4 controller as the app says:

"This device doesn't support DUALSHOCK 4"

The requirement is Android 10 and Lenovo m10 tablets its Android 10 so. I don't known what it is going on

Any chance to fix it?? 

Thanks!!? 

 

IMG_20210102_172837.jpg
Reply
Options

83 Posts

06-12-2020

Hungary

99 Signins

780 Page Views

  • Posts: 83
  • Registered: ‎06-12-2020
  • Location: Hungary
  • Views: 780
  • Message 6 of 11

Re:PS4 remote play issue

2021-01-05, 14:56 PM

There were at least 2 updates to the PS app since my original post, so it is a valid, and good question.

Now it also has a PS5 part, wish i could try that :D, but PS5 are just as elusive as 3080's and unicorns.

Reply
Options

3 Posts

11-26-2020

United States of America

3 Signins

60 Page Views

  • Posts: 3
  • Registered: ‎11-26-2020
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 60
  • Message 7 of 11

Re:PS4 remote play issue

2021-02-07, 17:18 PM

I am having the same issue, trying to use my Edge to connect to a DualShock 4 controller, in order to use remote play to a PS4. Anyone found a fix yet?? Any word at all??

K Papka
Reply
Options

1 Posts

02-18-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

2 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 1
  • Registered: ‎02-18-2021
  • Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 0
  • Message 8 of 11

Re:PS4 remote play issue

2021-02-18, 0:51 AM

Having same issues just bought an m10 fhd+ tried remote play with dualshock for and got the device incompatible error. Uts running android 10 so I dunno?? Hope they fix this as then would make the tablet awesome. If anyone ever finds a fix, hit me up

Reply
Options

19826 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2500 Signins

62923 Page Views

  • Posts: 19826
  • Registered: ‎02-03-2016
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 62923
  • Message 9 of 11

Re:PS4 remote play issue

2021-02-19, 17:00 PM

@ Payload7 wrote:

Having same issues just bought an m10 fhd+ tried remote play with dualshock for and got the device incompatible error. Uts running android 10 so I dunno?? Hope they fix this as then would make the tablet awesome. If anyone ever finds a fix, hit me up

 

Hi.

 

Just wanted to check back in on this. We're still trying to get some resolution -- but if we do get some action, I don't think anything will happen quickly. 

 

Wish I had better news but didn't want to leave you hanging.

 

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Reply
Answer
Options

83 Posts

06-12-2020

Hungary

99 Signins

780 Page Views

  • Posts: 83
  • Registered: ‎06-12-2020
  • Location: Hungary
  • Views: 780
  • Message 10 of 11

Re:PS4 remote play issue

2021-04-07, 19:23 PM

Hey!

 

Android 11 fixed this issue!

 

FINALLY.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Reply
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms