Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge+
All Forum Topics
Options

8 Posts

03-28-2017

United States of America

17 Signins

119 Page Views

• Views: 119
  • Message 1 of 3

Peek Display incompatible with Android 11 chat bubbles

2021-03-23, 22:09 PM

Peek Display appears unable to dismiss messaging notifications with active Android 11 chat bubbles. This did not used to be a problem with Facebook Messenger chat heads on Android 10.

At first, I thought this was a problem for all messaging notifications in Peek Display, but I've just confirmed that it's limited to chat bubbles, by disabling them in system settings.

Even message notifications dismissed in the main notification area will persist in Peek Display as long as they have active chat bubbles. This effectively makes Peek Display unusable for identifying new unread notifications, as long as chat bubbles are enabled.

Also, I've had the drop-down notification shade lock up twice since Android 11 update, once requiring a reboot to correct, and the second time it came back after random app switching and lock/unlock sequence.

Options

23 Posts

01-01-2021

Canada

23 Signins

205 Page Views

• Views: 205
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Peek Display incompatible with Android 11 chat bubbles

2021-03-24, 13:51 PM

I'm seeing the same issue in dismissing the notifications.

Peek Display was updated when Moto app got updated from Play Store. This is not about Android 11. I'm on Android 10.

Options

19826 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2500 Signins

62923 Page Views

• Views: 62923
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Peek Display incompatible with Android 11 chat bubbles

2021-03-24, 15:20 PM

@ Disillusionedx wrote:

I' seeing the same issue in dismissing the notifications.

Peek Display was updated when Moto app got updated from Play Store. This is not about Android 11. I' on Android 10.

Hi.

We've seen this and reported it as well. It appears to be related to the change in bubble behavior, as you have deduced. If you don't allow bubbles, Peek notifications can be dismissed normally. (It's a little confusing, as write-over permissions also seem to impact this behavior. Still sorting it, personally.)

If I can learn more that I can share, I'll post here. Thanks for reporting.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms