08-13-2012

US

23 Signins

139 Page Views

• Views: 139
  • Message 1 of 3

Please help! Edge+ thinks it's charging when it's NOT plugged in, won't charge

2020-08-01, 14:51 PM

Hey guys, please help! My Edge+ won't charge. I woke up this morning and noticed the phone said it was charging slowly (the charge indicator was lit, and the charging slowly message appeared), but it was in my hand NOT plugged up. I plugged it in, wouldn't charge. I put it on the wireless charger, wouldn't charge.

What do I do? I have two Edge+ OEM chargers with original cables (one from my launch phone, one from my warranty replacement phone), a Motorola Edge+ wireless charging pad, and several other Motorola turbo chargers from my previous Moto phones. NONE of the chargers are working. The battery is draining, but it says it's charging EVEN when it isn't plugged in.

I've restarted the phone and done a hard reset (power + volume down) several times. Nothing helps. What do I do?

Solved! See the solution
Options

34 Posts

08-13-2012

US

23 Signins

139 Page Views

• Views: 139
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Please help! Edge+ thinks it's charging when it's NOT plugged in, won't charge

2020-08-01, 20:02 PM

Crisis averted... I read online that this can be caused by a dirty USB port. The phone isn't old enough to be dirty, and I usually use a wireless charger so the port is basically unused. But I do put the phone in a fitness belt/holder when I run, so I assume grime/sweat got in there and caused a problem. I scraped the port out and restarted the phone again, and it was fine after that. I've never experienced that before, but reports from Pixel and Samsung owners suggest that this is just a general smart phone dirty port problem.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

18375 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2309 Signins

56517 Page Views

• Views: 56517
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Please help! Edge+ thinks it's charging when it's NOT plugged in, won't charge

2020-08-03, 14:46 PM

Thanks for the info!

-Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete