Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge+
All Forum Topics
Options

29 Posts

04-12-2011

Switzerland

65 Signins

455 Page Views

• Views: 455
  • Message 1 of 5

Preferred bluetooth codecs, AAC over SBC

2021-03-10, 21:18 PM

I notice on my Edge+ and Edge phone, when I use TWS earbuds which support AAC (Galaxy buds live, OPPO enco x, OnePlue buds), I can only use SBC instead of AAC.

Before Edge I was using Pixel and OnePlus phones, with those TWS I can choose AAC in their bluetooth settings to get better sound quality.

Now with the Edge phones even I select AAC in developer settings it couldn't change to AAC.

Is there any way to change the preferred bluetooth codec being used?

Screenshot_20210310-220240.png Screenshot_20210310-220229.png
Options

19826 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2500 Signins

62923 Page Views

• Views: 62923
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:Preferred bluetooth codecs, AAC over SBC

2021-03-11, 15:33 PM

@ lanyao wrote:

I notice on my Edge+ and Edge phone, when I use TWS earbuds which support AAC (Galaxy buds live, OPPO enco x, OnePlue buds), I can only use SBC instead of AAC.

Before Edge I was using Pixel and OnePlus phones, with those TWS I can choose AAC in their bluetooth settings to get better sound quality.

Now with the Edge phones even I select AAC in developer settings it couldn' change to AAC.

Is there any way to change the preferred bluetooth codec being used?

Hi.

We'll probably need a bug report to investigate this -- it's not as complicated as it looks!

1. Go to Settings > System > scroll to the bottom > Tap on Build number 7 times to enable Developer mode.
  2. Go to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer options.
  3. In Developer options > enable USB debugging 
  4. In Developer options > Enable Bug Report shortcut
  5. In Developer options > Enable Bluetooth HCI snoop log

It's probably best to do the above first. Then, unpair all your headsets at both ends -- that is, reset the headset and remove them from the phone. Then, pick the one you want to test and pair it with the phone.

1. Once the issue is reproduced, go to Developer options > Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
  2. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
  3. When it's ready, upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and share the link to the Bug Report via an email to supportforums@motorola.com, and include a note referring to this post so we know what it refers to.
  4. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Hope this isn't too daunting! Thanks.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

29 Posts

04-12-2011

Switzerland

65 Signins

455 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2021-03-11, 16:30 PM

Thanks for the reply Matt, I just sent the bug report to the support email, hope we can get this fixed.

On other phones I have this option "HD audio: AAC", on Edge+ and Edge this option doesn't exist.

Options

19826 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2500 Signins

62923 Page Views

• Views: 62923
  • Message 4 of 5

2021-03-12, 14:43 PM

@ lanyao wrote:

Thanks for the reply Matt, I just sent the bug report to the support email, hope we can get this fixed.

On other phones I have this option "HD audio: AAC", on Edge+ and Edge this option doesn' exist.

Hey thanks. This looks like important information.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

29 Posts

04-12-2011

Switzerland

65 Signins

455 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2021-03-19, 17:56 PM

The new Android 11 update on Edge fixed this issue, hope we get Android 11 on Edge+ soon!

Screenshot_20210319-183536.png
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms