Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola edgemotorola edge+
All Forum Topics
Options

27 Posts

04-28-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

25 Signins

300 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 300
  • Message 1 of 24

Problems on Screen Cast

2020-06-22, 11:50 AM

Hi, I am trying to mirror my device screen through Amazon Fire stick but my phone keeps on searching the devices. However if I open any apps such as Youtube I can cast this on my TV . Does anyone know the solution to mirror it?

Thanks

Options

19826 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2500 Signins

62923 Page Views

• Views: 62923
  • Message 2 of 24

Re:Problems on Screen Cast

2020-06-23, 16:52 PM

@ Pk-bro wrote:

Hi, I am trying to mirror my device screen through Amazon Fire stick but my phone keeps on searching the devices. However if I open any apps such as Youtube I can cast this on my TV . Does anyone know the solution to mirror it?

Thanks

Hi.

I did raise this. Have not received a response yet. I believe it should work. 

The casting of YouTube and some other apps is "built in" to the Android OS so that is expected. (Even that can be a little hit-or-miss though.) 

-Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

80 Posts

06-12-2020

Hungary

98 Signins

765 Page Views

• Views: 765
  • Message 3 of 24

2020-06-23, 17:35 PM

I also cannot use Screen Share on my edge, it starts too look for the tv, but it does not appear.

On other it is instantly there.

Youtube app and Netflix and their app parts work, just the Screen Share that fails to work.

Options

80 Posts

06-12-2020

Hungary

98 Signins

765 Page Views

• Message 4 of 24

2020-06-23, 17:38 PM
Screen share is also built in by android, all you need to do is enable it, we cannot enable it, thus nothing appears on the list. Only "?" appears and a "magnifier glass" instead of the enable button that other phones have.
Options

19826 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2500 Signins

62923 Page Views

• Views: 62923
  • Message 5 of 24

2020-06-24, 13:42 PM

@ UNTIG wrote:

Screen share is also built in by android, all you need to do is enable it, we cannot enable it, thus nothing appears on the list. Only "?" appears and a "magnifier glass" instead of the enable button that other phones have.

Hi.

I don't claim to keep up with this, but Google has only supported screen sharing on the apps where it provides the Cast button. It has not done mirroring in several years. So if this has been changed for Google's regular Casting, it's news to me. 

But I was told it should work for Firestick. That's what I'm trying to find support for.

-Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

80 Posts

06-12-2020

Hungary

98 Signins

765 Page Views

• Message 6 of 24

2020-06-25, 10:59 AM
Yeas. Chromecast only works like that. Firestick and my lg tv on the other hand, uses miracast feature or wifi direct. Or something else. None works with this phone and the tv. I can make the phone and the tv connect with wifi direct, but unlike my other phones this does not enable screen mirorring function. That button on this phone is only for chromecast. Yeah i know, google **bleep**ly dropped miracast support in favour for their dongle... But i do not want to pay more than the smart tv and a smartphone that should work together. As i see it, moto edge+ currently cannot connect to any wireless display unless it is a google chrome dongled or supported by google chrome, as even if it connects the buttons to send screen to it are missing or do not get discovered. Phone posted, so it is a bit unfiltred. Will post from hone soon aswell with links to point out stuff written in here. As others like samu s9 and xiao mi users also had this issue. Worked perfecrly till february update...
Options

80 Posts

06-12-2020

Hungary

98 Signins

765 Page Views

• Message 7 of 24

2020-06-25, 13:16 PM

Here is a lengty-er reply.

https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/3265953?hl=en

This is for the missing button, it should be there, but for some reason it is not, as you guys have confirmed, the site is cast supported.

AS for this, google has updated the support site, since i have googled chrome cast and got this.

https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/2998456?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en

And they now want you to setup Google HOME.

So i assume Google HOME is reqired on Android 10 to properly enable cast buttons, just so the compatition has issues with it. 

On Android 9 this was not reqired.

Like the guy with the amazon firestick and my with my 2019 LG-oledtv that is not listed to have built in chromecast, just google assistant, even though the whole thing is just WIFI DIRECT/miracast combination , that the tv supports.

This are kinda related.

I currently do not own a Chromecast device, and i do not plan on buying it either. So cannot test this theory.

I did pay for a SMART TV and a SMART phone. Why would i need to buy a SMART device to make them pre android 10 SMART?

They do work on my older phones, just like for you guys, just not on the ones with android 10 later than february  security updates.

Google has silently made the "screen share" button Chromecast only.

LG help site:

https://www.lg.com/us/support/help-library/screen-share-screen-mirroring-device-to-tv-CT10000018-20150637965681

Optipon 4 works like a charm on ASUS LG AND SAMSUNG devices. 

Similar to that amazon stick thread, where we now only can cast apps only.

https://support.google.com/pixelphone/thread/6805429?hl=en

Not a very nice move from google.

This states that even pixel phones cannot "SCREEN SHARE".

And motorola is closeset to stock android 10 rom as it gets.

Nothing i could find exept from forums from other phone manufacturers, that "screen share" is no longer "supported" *i kinda meant sarcasticcaly this:works*

Sideshare:

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/cast-and-mirror-an-android-screen-to-your-tv-in-three-easy-steps/

Here is a guide from CNET to chromecast.

I think in thory if you do this, you should get that button back on site.

As for me, and the firestick user, i think motorola needs to do something with android to make it work. 

Sadly. Though it is currently just a theory.

Options

80 Posts

06-12-2020

Hungary

98 Signins

765 Page Views

• Message 8 of 24

2020-06-25, 13:37 PM

Sorry that i replied this long, but i think this thread and the thread "Missing several extensions on Chrome." and this are kinda related, i also posted that answer there.

https://support.google.com/chromecast/thread/16619961?hl=en

That one is related tu us.

You face the same issue that i get with my smart lg oledtv from 2019.

Our screen share that used to support miracast, bacame chromecast only.

The sad part is that, google uses the same wifi techno thingy for this, they just added software now called "android home", and they just deciced that they only enable theirs by default.

Most likely as of android 10, from february security patch.

As i see a lot of Xiao, Sams, and Noki threads, that after Android 10, they also cannot use "screen share" anymore.

You can try the above posted anser, to try adding the firestick to Google HOME, just to see if it works or not.

It did not work for me yet, though there is an LG account related add in part.

But as far as i can tell, you might not be able to share the whole screen of the phone anymore.

Unless there is an app alternative that works, Samsung baked in theirs, so did LG, and huawei.

So it time for a MOTOCAST update guys! (kinda joking)

Options

27 Posts

04-28-2020

25 Signins

300 Page Views

• Message 9 of 24

2020-06-30, 11:37 AM
Sorry but what do you mean by adding firestick to Google Home.? are these not two different devices?
Options

27 Posts

04-28-2020

25 Signins

300 Page Views

• Message 10 of 24

2020-07-09, 9:41 AM

@MattForumsMngr  Did you get any update for this?. Thanks

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms